Pontoon Bridges for VP

I'd consider removing yields in my own playthrough just to stop automated workers from constantly destroying themselves for mostly negligible yields. I usually automate once my empire is pretty large, but then I'll notice I have like 5 workers for 15 cities.

If you want to keep the yields and avoid the workers to suicide themselves to build the pontoons I suggest you to substitute this in the Pontoon.sql code
Code:
INSERT INTO Builds
        (Type,                     PrereqTech,         ImprovementType,                 RouteType,             Description,                     Help,                             Recommendation,                 Water, CanBeEmbarked, Kill, Time,    EntityEvent,         HotKey, OrderPriority, IconIndex, IconAtlas)
SELECT 'BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE',     'TECH_ENGINEERING', 'IMPROVEMENT_PONTOON_BRIDGE',     'ROUTE_ROAD',         'TXT_KEY_BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE', 'TXT_KEY_PONTOON_BRIDGE_HELP', 'TXT_KEY_BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE_REC', 1,     1,                 0,     500,    'ENTITY_EVENT_BUILD', 'KB_Z', 98,             0, 'PONTOON_BUILD_ICON_ATLAS' UNION ALL
SELECT 'BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE2', 'TECH_RAILROAD',     'IMPROVEMENT_PONTOON_BRIDGE',     'ROUTE_RAILROAD',     'TXT_KEY_BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE', 'TXT_KEY_PONTOON_BRIDGE_HELP', 'TXT_KEY_BUILD_PONTOON_BRIDGE_REC', 1,     1,                 0,     500,    'ENTITY_EVENT_BUILD', 'KB_Z', 98,             0, 'PONTOON_BUILD_ICON_ATLAS';
This will make the workers build the pontoon in 5 turns and don't disappear instead of drowning in the sea after the completion.

Hi there! I'm trying to use the bridge to recreate Tenochtitlan but it is almost impossible to keep it from glitching (a shorter section of it shows up across the main one). The only position in which the bridge doesn't glitch is when it's horizontally. I've gotten it to work in other positions but as soon as I reload the game the shorter section appears. Any way to fix this? (I just want one bridge to appear)

Edit: using the version for BNW fixes the problem, even though I'm playing VP..

Edit 2: I had all the bridges set up and all looked pretty normal, I even had saved and reloaded the game 10+ times, but eventually all of the diagonal bridges glitched and won't go back to normal..

Last edited:
Hi there! I'm trying to use the bridge to recreate Tenochtitlan but it is almost impossible to keep it from glitching (a shorter section of it shows up across the main one). The only position in which the bridge doesn't glitch is when it's horizontally. I've gotten it to work in other positions but as soon as I reload the game the shorter section appears. Any way to fix this? (I just want one bridge to appear)

Edit 2: I had all the bridges set up and all looked pretty normal, I even had saved and reloaded the game 10+ times, but eventually all of the diagonal bridges glitched and won't go back to normal..
I don't know what you're talking about. Image?

I don't know what you're talking about. Image?
This is what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/fYm6XXk

I created a quick game just to illustrate my point, most of the bridges in my previous game ended up somewhat like this, even the ones built by the AI. It doesn't matter which sides the bridge connects, it only looks normal horizontally and not every time.

Last edited:
This is what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/fYm6XXk

I created a quick game just to illustrate my point, most of the bridges in my previous game ended up somewhat like this, even the ones built by the AI. It doesn't matter which sides the bridge connects, it only looks normal horizontally and not every time.
That's weird I haven't seen that bug happened at all.

I have that exact same problem! Would you post a link to that BNW version of Pontoon Bridge you found that doesn't have that graphical glitch? I've tried every Pontoon Bridge Mod I could find and they all have that glitch for me. :(

I believe we can't trade between connected islands anymore, any one else is not able ?
I think when the Polder changes were allowed to be built on water, Pontoon Bridges were affected accidentally to prevent Caravans from trading over these type of improvements that can be pillaged and deleted, getting into a crash as they did not know how to get to the City anymore.

On another note, a tiny update has been passed.
Public Works can upgrade all Pontoon Bridge (Roads) to Railroads if it hasn't already and a few tech buff!

Top Bottom