Possible Civ6 Leaders for Civs who have appeared before

Yeah, and he doesn't even have a Spanish Wikipedia page! His successor Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil seems to have a lot more known about him. I suppose he was just chosen because he has a cool nickname.

He does have a suspiciously too informative Ukrainian page. I mean, it gives his exact birth and death dates. It does not, however, mention at all that he was named "Smoke Jaguar". It does give links to sources in English, though.

After the game is released, perhaps us civfanatics should start thinking about possible leader choices for these civs, since at least several might be DLCs released the next year or after. :D

Ok, I've updated the possible leaders for Austria, Siam, Netherlands, Khmer.

Now that Civ6 has been released, it feels right to revive this thread. Firaxis has probably already planned out which leaders they want for most of these civs already, but it's fun to speculate which of the leaders in the list will make it into the game

Will Netherlands get Willem van Oranje for the fourth time? Will the Maya have Pacal as their leader for the third time? Or will someone new be chosen? :)

Ok, I've updated the possible leaders for Austria, Siam, Netherlands, Khmer.

Now that Civ6 has been released, it feels right to revive this thread. Firaxis has probably already planned out which leaders they want for most of these civs already, but it's fun to speculate which of the leaders in the list will make it into the game

Will Netherlands get Willem van Oranje for the fourth time? Will the Maya have Pacal as their leader for the third time? Or will someone new be chosen? :)

After a bit of research a few weeks ago I decided Frederick Henry seemed like he would be a good choice for the Netherlands- according to Wikipedia:

'Frederick Henry proved himself almost as good a general as his brother, and a far more capable statesman and politician. For twenty-two years he remained at the head of government in the United Provinces, and in his time the power of the stadtholderate reached its highest point. The "Period of Frederick Henry," as it is usually styled by Dutch writers, is generally accounted the golden of the republic. It was marked by great military and naval triumphs, by worldwide maritime and commercial expansion, and by a wonderful outburst of activity in the domains of art and literature.'

EDIT: Just realised you already have him here

Last edited:
Frederick Henry is an interesting choice, but I would like to see Wilhelmina as a female leader for the Dutch. She is also a great choice for a modern leader.

Please add Lady Six Sky and Lady K'abel (Lady Waterlily Hand/Lady Snakelord are also other names of hers) to the list of potential Maya rulers. Cool thing about Lady K'abel is that her title of "Kalooomte" or "supreme warrior" gave her more power than her husband the king, with whom she ruled. Awesome image of her here. The link also indicates Lady Six Sky initiated eight military campaigns and torched some towns. Badass Mayan warrior queens ftw. :)

Please add Lady Six Sky and Lady K'abel (Lady Waterlily Hand/Lady Snakelord are also other names of hers) to the list of potential Maya rulers. Cool thing about Lady K'abel is that her title of "Kalooomte" or "supreme warrior" gave her more power than her husband the king, with whom she ruled. Awesome image of her here. The link also indicates Lady Six Sky initiated eight military campaigns and torched some towns. Badass Mayan warrior queens ftw. :)

I added them, thanks!
I'm hoping the Maya get a female leader in Civ6.

Cheers! Fingers crossed; I wish for the same. With the many images of Lady K'abel I'm sure they could at least model a great animated look for a female Mayan leader. It's time these fierce Mayan warrior queens scared and enlightened gamers everywhere! :)

Top Bottom