Possible extraterrestrial scenario?

Stormy28

Chieftain
With the inclusion of XCOM units, it might be possible that Firaxis is also working on some sort of alien-related scenario. G&K had a steampunk scenario, after all, so they're clearly willing to do something outside of the box.

Just spitballing. What do you guys think?

I'd love some future scenario with aliens, Brazil and whatnot. Especially because they've only announced 2 scenarios even though the last expansion had 3.
But I kinda doubt they'd keep something like an additional scenario a secret. I think if there would be a third scenario they'd have said from the beginning that there are three (without announcing that the third one is an xcom scenario).

The way it's been phrased suggests only two scenarios.

I'd love some future scenario with aliens, Brazil and whatnot. Especially because they've only announced 2 scenarios even though the last expansion had 3.
But I kinda doubt they'd keep something like an additional scenario a secret. I think if there would be a third scenario they'd have said from the beginning that there are three (without announcing that the third one is an xcom scenario).

You cannot be shure of anything..:)

I hope so, and hope that the XCOM unit will be limited to it, and not available in the main game.

I hope so, and hope that the XCOM unit will be limited to it, and not available in the main game.

Perhaps its an unknown civs UU replacement for the Giant Death Robot?

The steampunk scenario in G&K makes me think this is possible, although it makes no difference to me, since I never play scenarios.

Perhaps its an unknown civs UU replacement for the Giant Death Robot?

Having a whole civ built around a fictional UU would probably annoy more people than having the unit. I mean what civ would it be, the United Nations?

With the inclusion of XCOM units, it might be possible that Firaxis is also working on some sort of alien-related scenario. G&K had a steampunk scenario, after all, so they're clearly willing to do something outside of the box.

Just spitballing. What do you guys think?

If they put an XCOM umit in a civ game it would be silly. That had to be a joke. If not maybe GnK is it for me. Your never gonna get to that unit. I have built one GDR the whole time I have played. XCOM squad you gotta be kidding me. At least call it something else. :crazyeye:

I also thought it would be likely, specially because of the (imo really nice) steampunk scenario... But yes, the wording of the announcement was quite like "2 scenarios" which are already confirmed... So perhaps it would be a DLC...

They announced there would only be two scenarios. That's all we're getting. Plus, two "future" units doesn't mean there's a scenario featuring even more them on the way (that'd require a lot more work).

If there's Giant Death Robot replacement, Japan should get either Gundam or Eva-01 as the GDR replacement and take out zero.

America can get Optimus Prime, now everybody is happy.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if one was created even though it isn't mentioned (or perhaps planned). You wouldn't need to create unique Civs. A few alien models would take the most work, but with GDR's and Xcom, that is a good start.

The steampunk scenario in G&K makes me think this is possible, although it makes no difference to me, since I never play scenarios.

A little off-topic, but you should try out some of the G&K scenarios. They've gotten better since vanilla. I've been playing a lot of them just to get some steam achievements I've ignored for the last 2 years. They are much shorter than a regular game, but sometimes that is a good thing if you want to play some Civ without getting completely absorbed.

The steampunk one is great.

The steampunk one is great.

I second this... So in fact, I really hope for an interesting future sci-fi escenario...

Actually though, I wouldn't expect aliens, but rather futuristic Human Ideological Wars, it would go well with taking advantages of an ideology system with rather mad ideologies hehe...

I'd love a scenario based on H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds".

It could start in the industrial era, and work its way to the future era. Aliens spawn, the world has to unite against them. Or, some civ's can sell out and receive unique alien technologies.

What would be amazing is if in one of every hundred games you play, there was an easter egg where during the modern era the entire map is invaded by alien barbarians.

Ideology wars...in the future...you mean like SMAC?

Well, yes pretty much, I never played Alpha Centauri so it didn't come to my mind...

BTW, H.G. Wells is also a nice idea... We shall see

I doubt this would ever be an official scenario, but I'd play it if someone wrote a good mod for it.

Top Bottom