PPQ Flavor Module

Unzip and move the contents into: "PPQ_NAVY\art\civs\Special\units" so that you get "PPQ_NAVY\art\civs\Special\units\UndeadShip"

Attachments

• UndeadShip.7z
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
I'll get to them as soon as I revert to the version of SVN that I can load saves on.

I know this year was a tad lacking in releases but I have some cool ideas for next time round.
Spoiler :

It does not show for me either today but worked yesterday. Must be some sort of hotlink prevention on their end.
Anyway, it's the lost soul from doom. I am using it as an art replacement for hawks for the Infernals and a couple other civs that deal with demons.

icon.png
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Just in case anyone was wondering I am not done with this yet. It's just that my current project of creating custom animations for magic units is taking a while as I am very much threading on new ground trying things nobody has to my knowledge tried before. So that'll take a while.

On a related note you have probably asked your self why I don't do custom icons for most of my units. Well, actually you probably haven't. I mean, who really cares right? But I will tell you anyway because I have some time to kill before dinner and nothing good to do with it.

Anyway, when it comes to unit art I find that it must be both good looking and functional. An archer must look like an archer and an axeman like an axeman so that the player can differentiate them at a glance without having to mouse over. And icons are the one place where all this can go tragically wrong.

Playing the game we learn its UI. After very little time we no longer have to think about the unit we are searching for to build. We just find it once, remember it and it's in there forever. So when we need to build a unit we just click it instantly.

If I did custom unit icons than every time you change civs you would have to relearn the whole interface. And in practice this would basically end up with an eternal loop of you staring at the city screen mousing over icons trying to find the bloody axeman. Compound this with the fact that the wiki would only show icons for your selected civ and you get a mess.

Thus I choose to keep it uniform.

Anyway, stay tuned for images of a lightning throwing adept or something. SoonTM.

Great mod, much appreciated. I see a lot of orc bandits that look like humans. Any way to just make them look like the existing orc axemen models? Also something for centaur slaves/thralls would be cool.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have to take a break from this mod until the dev makes saving and loading more functional. As it stands I am literally paralyzed. :(

working on it ^^ (i've uploaded a dll last month that may be an improvement)
Honestly at this point I am holding off for a version that is stable enough for me to play a proper game start to finish in. That way I can play the game and get motivated to do art for it. My last attempt was foiled.

Update: The hard drive with all my work on it decided to get the click of death yesterday. I've sent it off to see if anything can be recovered from it but I am not holding my hopes high.

just for your information, i've stumbled upon another error with the current state of the navy module. The art define for the luchuirp galleon is called GALLEON_CALABIM, causing crashes when someone actually tries to build a luchuirp galleon. It'll be fixed in the next svn.

Top Bottom