1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-GS To-Do List

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CPWimmer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Xmonger

Xmonger Chieftain

Have a religious victory. I’m expecting I’ll play Civ a lot more with the arrival of GS.

2. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Play games as the pre R&F Civs to collect pics of the time line art for their unique units and infrastructures.

Haig likes this.
  3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

It may be a futile endeavor, but I still have a couple pages of mod ideas that I haven't gotten to yet. I'd like to get most of them completed and at least a couple playthroughs done before GS throws it all into chaos. :cringe:

4. alancsilver

alancsilver Chieftain

I'll be looking to get my first deity win. Not sure who I will play as or the victory. Currently trying science (probably) as Australia.

5. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

I just requested it from my local library, thanks for the suggestion!

There are a lot of things I love about Civ but top of the list has to be learning about new people, wonders, civs, natural wonders, great people, music, art, writers, etc.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Haig, blackcatatonic and CPWimmer like this.
  6. djvandyke

djvandyke Chieftain

I’m finally getting round to complete each of the scenarios

7. Haig

Haig Warlord

When the game is released I cant play it for the first week because it seems I'm in a faraway land of Siam Empire on february :(
    (humblebrag)

Of course browsing civfanatics from my phone there..

Siptah and ExtremeGardens like this.
  8. Sykes179

Sykes179 Chieftain

Currently going for victory on Large map, immortal with science victory disabled. My other idea was a very small map with maximum AIs (immortal again) so everybody would be on top of each other.

9. Temppu

Temppu Chieftain

Ill most likely play other games, meanwhile jumping on the hype train during some time between the first three first looks. During this train trip, I plan to reinforce the hype by excessive Civfanatics reading. So my plans mostly comprise overloading my expectations and CiVIbacy.

Haig likes this.
  10. Yzman

Yzman Chieftain

I just got all of the remaining achievements I needed last week so I am caught up.

Ondolindë likes this.
  11. alancsilver

alancsilver Chieftain

Well, that worked out quite well. Achievement unlocked :)

12. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Definitely want to complete the game as a few more leaders if possible (I've done either 16 or 17 of the ones currently in the game), but definitely reserving a certain game with a certain British queen for the new xpack...

13. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Making it through this list faster than I expected.
    Update:

14. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Well, my list is going ... slowly.

1) Was derailed by a mod update that messed with the game. Rather than try to figure out how to get the older version of the mod back, I started a new easy level, duel map, industrial start (needed that achievement) and quickly captured the other capitol to get my win as Alexander. I'd already completed his wonder-capturing achievement in the abandoned game.

2) Not started.

3) Working on a culture victory right now, recently got forts, but the map is already crowded, don't know if I'll be able to find a place to drop a city close enough to take out a partially built wonder. But with a win, I'll have won a regular game with every leader, so that's something.

4) not yet...

15. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

I like #2 on your list, I should probably play one last "British Museum Farewell Tour" game as well.

WillowBrook likes this.
  16. ezysquire

ezysquire Chieftain

More sandbox fun with France, who while not the greatest are just fun with the spies. I find they keep it more interesting in the late game which is why I have great hopes for climate change and rock and roll in GS. I have been tempted by the British Museum's disappearing act though...

17. abandag

abandag Chieftain

I really wanted to go through and play one more full game as each civ/leader. I decided to do it alphabetically by civilization because I'm weird and I had already started an America game. That game was a really fun cultural win.

Then I started my Arabia game where I wanted to win a religious victory. I converted everyone on my landmass easily enough, then Jadwiga who started on her own little continent. Then I got bored and abandoned the game as well as my plan to play every civ.

I guess I still have time, but seriously I know I'm not going to do it. Who am I trying to kid?

18. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

1. Actually try to win a domination victory on a Standard or larger map. Maybe as Mongolia/Zulu.

Sorry, I just find domination such a micro-management tedium out of all three VCs......I usually just wipe my neighbor or the entire continent (if small enough), and proceed to win peacefully. Any fun strategies for full warmongering in R&F?

Yes, I said "all three VCs".

19. oedali

oedali Chieftain

My to do list: play on Deity (all standard settings, w/ walls for CS + settlers retreat mods) at least 31 times with each of the leaders (excluding a few I dislike). No reloads allowed. Calculate my religious victory win rate (currently at 50% for 12 games) so I can compare it to after GS releases. Win rate at highest difficulty setting should be WAY lower than 50%!

20. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

I just finished up a Zulu domination game - that early access to buffed Corps was very powerful. Combined with the fact that capturing a city turns that unit into a Corps, it was a fun snowball. I used some Impi, but also had some of the standard units as well (Sword/Musket, Archer/Crossbow, Knights, Frigates). It was one of the few times I went total war, chopped like a mad man, and razed roughly half of the cities I captured (mostly keeping cities with developed districts or resources I wanted). I also managed the city growth of my foreign/captured cities more than normal; capping their food output to keep them at a much smaller population instead of letting them grow normally. This is something I don't normally do.

I assume you don't play/count religious victories?