1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-GS To-Do List

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CPWimmer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

You can always travel to a sensible hemisphere this time of year. :) I kid. I certainly have no room to talk about brutal summers. They aren't getting any better, that's for sure. Although we didn't get above 115F last year, so wasn't too bad.

2. Larsenex

Larsenex Chieftain

I play on such large maps I rarely am able to win. I have an ongoing game which will be deleted in favor of the expac!

3. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

For anybody who's interested, Denmark in the Vikings scenario is probably the easiest to win with. Capture one or two cities (I got Utrecht pretty easily), watch your economy, pillage a bunch, and get as many Great Admirals to Vinland as you can, and you should be golden.

Larsenex likes this.
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I actually do think I'll do more of the scenarios before GS. The deity scenario thread has gotten me in the mood. I don't think I'll be starting any more full games (though do want to finish my current one)

5. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

With the introduction of culture/tourism heavy Sweden today, I'm glad I was able to knock out my British Museum game over the weekend. Although it's not archaeologist focus, I think it makes for an interesting replacement with the way it will auto-theme buildings.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Done with my list! (With adjustment posted about earlier.) Not sure what I'll do next, but I still have nine achievements, so it will likely involve at least one of them.

How's everyone else doing?

CPWimmer likes this.
  7. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

My to-do list practically has only one item:

1. Wait impatiently for the release.

WillowBrook and OmegaDestroyer like this.
  8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Correction: I still had 11 at the time of the above post and now have 10 remaining. Six from four different scenarios and four for regular games.

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I think I have got 51% of the achievements naturally. I tried to get the ninja turtle one once then realised I was not that fanatical.

ChocolateShake and Infixo like this.
  10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

11. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Man! That’s amazing for those who love achievements. You could certainly get these before GS. At least, I’m rooting you do. I have managed to get around 19 these past few weeks, but I still have 48 remaining. I wasn’t planning on finishing them, but just shrinking the gap. We’ll see how we both do.

12. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Thanks for the encouragement!

How many I complete will depend in part on how much I focus my playing time on getting achievements. For example, I could set up a dual map on settler difficulty as Lautaro against Philip and conquer Madrid quickly and easily to get the achievement (that I forgot about when got my win as Lautaro), but that seems like a waste of a game.

I also don't know if I'll ever win conquests of Alexander on deity. :p And I'm saving the French intelligence agency for Eleanor.

Good luck with your achievement hunting!

Time to try and knock off the last two for Jadwiga's legacy.

Ondolindë likes this.
  13. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

Carry on with the achievements, last one was Pizza Party, and strangely enough, getting New York was the difficult bit. Currently working on Zulu, train corps directly, don know how I missed that before, and I have a level 3 slinger waiting for airlift.

WillowBrook likes this.
  14. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Chieftain

I suppose I should toggle all the mods I am using off.