Pre-GS To-Do List

1. Survive Summer. This summer has been a killer so far and we aren't even at the halfway point.

You can always travel to a sensible hemisphere this time of year. :) I kid. I certainly have no room to talk about brutal summers. They aren't getting any better, that's for sure. Although we didn't get above 115F last year, so wasn't too bad.

For anybody who's interested, Denmark in the Vikings scenario is probably the easiest to win with. Capture one or two cities (I got Utrecht pretty easily), watch your economy, pillage a bunch, and get as many Great Admirals to Vinland as you can, and you should be golden.

I actually do think I'll do more of the scenarios before GS. The deity scenario thread has gotten me in the mood. I don't think I'll be starting any more full games (though do want to finish my current one)

With the introduction of culture/tourism heavy Sweden today, I'm glad I was able to knock out my British Museum game over the weekend. Although it's not archaeologist focus, I think it makes for an interesting replacement with the way it will auto-theme buildings.

I still have 20 achievements to go, but I don't think I'll finish before GS comes out. But here's what I'm aiming for:

1) Finish my current game with a conquest victory as Alexander (well, it will be recorded as domination, but I'm doing an old-fashioned conquest where I have to capture every city. Except city states - I aim to be suz of every one of those before I capture the last capital. Oh, and this is on a giant map. It could be Christmas before I'm done.)

2) Culture game as Victoria before the British museum disappears. I'll also try to get the achievement where I lose a city with financier governor by loyalty.

3) Jadwiga win and culture bomb achievements. Not sure what approach I'll take.

4) I have one or two achievements for each of the scenarios left; I'll aim to complete the achievements for at least two of the scenarios by Feb. 14.
Done with my list! (With adjustment posted about earlier.) Not sure what I'll do next, but I still have nine achievements, so it will likely involve at least one of them.

How's everyone else doing?

Correction: I still had 11 at the time of the above post and now have 10 remaining. Six from four different scenarios and four for regular games.

Man! That’s amazing for those who love achievements. You could certainly get these before GS. At least, I’m rooting you do. I have managed to get around 19 these past few weeks, but I still have 48 remaining. I wasn’t planning on finishing them, but just shrinking the gap. We’ll see how we both do.

Man! That’s amazing for those who love achievements. You could certainly get these before GS. At least, I’m rooting you do. I have managed to get around 19 these past few weeks, but I still have 48 remaining. I wasn’t planning on finishing them, but just shrinking the gap. We’ll see how we both do.
Thanks for the encouragement!

How many I complete will depend in part on how much I focus my playing time on getting achievements. For example, I could set up a dual map on settler difficulty as Lautaro against Philip and conquer Madrid quickly and easily to get the achievement (that I forgot about when got my win as Lautaro), but that seems like a waste of a game.

I also don't know if I'll ever win conquests of Alexander on deity. :p And I'm saving the French intelligence agency for Eleanor.

Good luck with your achievement hunting!

Time to try and knock off the last two for Jadwiga's legacy.

Carry on with the achievements, last one was Pizza Party, and strangely enough, getting New York was the difficult bit. Currently working on Zulu, train corps directly, don know how I missed that before, and I have a level 3 slinger waiting for airlift.

Top Bottom