1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-GS To-Do List

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CPWimmer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

I think I'm gonna do another Enormous map, and nuke every city in one turn again. Takes a lotta nukes, but IS funny.
    Gotta stock up on marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers for that event. :)

(and once GS drops, have to find a way to do that as Canada. hee-hee)

Lupine likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

1. Prepare a new culture guide with rock bands.... looks like culture will not be changing much apart from probably adjustments to make it last longer, and how religion is more important in it.
    2. Always leave the odd bush unchopped
    3. No longer settle on coasts
    4. Consider no longer settling on rivers.
    5. Consider the value of gold in diplomacy and how diplomacy is now also gold (free gold for Canada, sort of 2 production a turn)
    6. Stop for christmas day
    7. Prepare for England nerf somehow mentally

OmegaDestroyer and sonicmyst like this.
  3. lordhaw

lordhaw Chieftain

Finish my Golgo domination game. I so rarely play domination and this one is working out so well I've got to finish it!

4. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Chieftain

Click on the user's name, then in the pop-up click on Ignore.

It's amazing how much this forum improves when you don't see the posts of a dozen or so people.

Lupine and Victoria like this.
  5. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Wow, I only have "Win a regular game as Robert the Bruce" left to go!

Elhoim likes this.
  6. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

1) Win my current game with the mongols.
    2) Win a non-domination game on deity.
    3) Finish my New Zealand history book I picked on a trip there earlier this year.

jddods likes this.
  7. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Chieftain

try to get a win on deity for all victory types

8. jddods

jddods Chieftain

Chewing through the achievements. Having trouble with getting a betrayal emergency. Of the non senario achievements I've got that plus Frenemy, Post Apocalyptic and Deity win to go. Once I have them I'll start on the senarios.

9. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

Looks like you are going back to play again despite what they did to England! Welcome back!

10. Piranga

Piranga Chieftain

My goal before the GS release is to relearn to play without gameplay changing mods. I can't remember the last game I've played without 20-30 active mods enabled.

I imagine day 1 many of those will become incompatible.

11. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Finish winning with all leaders. Been going alphabetically. I'm just starting with Tomyris right now. Doubt I'll make it though. Every game takes a week or two to finish. Just don't have the time I used to have.

12. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I'm trying to get some more achievements in, but i'm not forcing myself to play games I don't want to play. Still, before the announcement, I've only finished a game twice (as Nubia on my dad's account and as Georgia on my own). Recently won games as France (Science), Scotland (Science), Persia (Domination) and Japan (Culture) for the first time, as well as Georgia for a second time (in my first and probably only ever Religious victory) all on Large/Huge maps and King difficulty. Also "won" a game as Egypt by playing the tutorial lmao, but I'm not counting that one although I have the achievement. Also snuck in 2016 Ready, which is a fun one .

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Definitely not getting done everything I thought I might, but having fun taking over the world with Polish culture currently. That will take care of all the "win as" achievements. Then I have four things to do as four different civs - maybe I'll do one before GS? Or maybe I'll chip away at the twelve scenario-related achievements I have left.

14. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Definitely getting myself some achievements. Finished a game with The Aztecs a few days ago (love them) and managed to get 5-6 achievements and a science victory even though I was going for a cultural victory with Georgia way ahead of me there and Scotland in science. I had to sweat there for a long while, but made it. Now, playing The Netherlands. Fun too. Polders galore coming up in 15 turns.

15. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Chieftain

Get a win on deity as Spain.

16. Slayan

Slayan Chieftain

Just finished the Win list with Spain, now I'm ready for the expansion

17. Left Field

Left Field Chieftain

1. Survive Summer. This summer has been a killer so far and we aren't even at the halfway point.
    2. If I Survive Summer, I'd like at least one more domination victory as our Super PM, John Curtin. And by domination I don't just mean taking the Capitals I'm talking about taking every city on the map.

18. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

I was able to finish my entire "Win as" To Do list, with over a month to spare!

Next up, one last British Museum CV victory lap as @blackcatatonic mentioned.

Also, I've been spending a lot of non-Civ time on Battletech (aka XCOM2 for Giant Death Robots) the last few weeks since I got it as part of the Steam sale.

WillowBrook likes this.
  19. Wizard-Bob

Wizard-Bob Always remember to Find Your FUN!

What's that? :crazyeye:

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

It's the time you spend blinking so that your eyes don't dry out from staring at the screen.

Ondolindë and Wizard-Bob like this.