Pre-Order Brave New World

Will there be a pre-load period for the assets? I kinda want to start playing immediately at midnight.

I have never bought any version of civ 5. What versions do I need to buy to run BNW?

Like if I buy original Civ 5 + BNW will I get all G&K content + DLC content up until now?

Looking to buy on a steam, my first time using it and so far it gives me an error message for 1/2 requests including payments.... Is there somewhere else someone could recommend buying? I tried GMG but only see the original Civ 5 in the store, not BNW or even G&K. I'm Canadian.

I have never bought any version of civ 5. What versions do I need to buy to run BNW?

Like if I buy original Civ 5 + BNW will I get all G&K content + DLC content up until now?

Looking to buy on a steam, my first time using it and so far it gives me an error message for 1/2 requests including payments.... Is there somewhere else someone could recommend buying? I tried GMG but only see the original Civ 5 in the store, not BNW or even G&K. I'm Canadian.
Hello Smuft. Welcome to CFC. You need at least Civ5 to run BNW. If you buy Civ5 + BNW then you do get the G&K functionality, but not the Civs that are part of G&K. Also, it does not include the DLC.

To get the most, buy the Civ 5 Gold Edition (currently 50% discount on Steam) which includes G&K and all DLC.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544

For BNW on GMG, use the link in the first post of this thread.

OK sounds good - I already bought original CIV5 and BNW and notice that I am indeed missing a bunch of CIVS. At this point I assume I can just buy the gold upgrade and have everything?

Thanks for the help.

OK sounds good - I already bought original CIV5 and BNW and notice that I am indeed missing a bunch of CIVS. At this point I assume I can just buy the gold upgrade and have everything?

Thanks for the help.

yep, that should do the trick.

Yeah, crazy; I didn't expect BNW to be affected by sales on the other Civ5 stuff simply because it's so new. Caved and bought it.

I wonder if Valve will ever fix the store page so it shows that I actually own the Wonders of the Ancient World...

-HM

So I preorder on steam and on release day they offer 33% off. What the hell steam?

Those sales don't happen without the publisher's approval. So, thanks 2K for punishing me for pre-ordering your product. People who buy it on the EU release day get 33% off, people who pre-ordered it two months back get 10%.

I sent a ticket to Steam's support to inquire, but I expect to be blown off. http://support.steampowered.com/

I guess there is the possibility that it's an oversight.

Similiar thing happened with G&K release. it didint go on sale on steam i think, but on many sites it was 33% off couple days after release. So this time i didint pre-order as i was expecting something like this to happen.

Went to the store today to buy a physical copy, but the store clerk told me the relase date had been changed to July 19th here in Sweden. Seemed weird, but when I went home I found that most (but not all) online retailers had changed the release of physical copies to July 19th. Why the , 2K? Is it like that somewhere else as well?

Since there's a sale going on on Steam, I bought it there instead, but I didn't go to the store just because I wanted the game, but also the physical disc and cover. Apparently 2K Games think I should be punished for wanting that.

Those sales don't happen without the publisher's approval. So, thanks 2K for punishing me for pre-ordering your product. People who buy it on the EU release day get 33% off, people who pre-ordered it two months back get 10%.

I sent a ticket to Steam's support to inquire, but I expect to be blown off. http://support.steampowered.com/

I guess there is the possibility that it's an oversight.
Same thing for South America. :mad:

I just got Civ IV for free on steam. I think it's some kind of apology present.

Actually, I think I have a gift voucher for Civ IV and Civ 5. I have no idea how I managed that.

I only got Civ IV as a gift (the base game that is), which I of course already own (although i lent it to a friend a while ago and when i got it back it looked like someone snorted coke from it and the disc is unreadable). Civ IV complete would have made way more sense (or Civ V base game). I really loved Civ IV with BTS but i dont think I will ever play it again.

My "we're sorry!" copy of Civ4 also vanished from my Steam inventory. That's potentially positive, though. I'd rather have the €7 price difference or something I can actually use.

Top Bottom