1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order Brave New World

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mercade, May 12, 2013.

1. nemini

nemini Chieftain

Will there be a pre-load period for the assets? I kinda want to start playing immediately at midnight.

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Yes, it's open for loading in Europe now.

3. Smuft

Smuft Chieftain

I have never bought any version of civ 5. What versions do I need to buy to run BNW?

Like if I buy original Civ 5 + BNW will I get all G&K content + DLC content up until now?

Looking to buy on a steam, my first time using it and so far it gives me an error message for 1/2 requests including payments.... Is there somewhere else someone could recommend buying? I tried GMG but only see the original Civ 5 in the store, not BNW or even G&K. I'm Canadian.

4. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Hello Smuft. Welcome to CFC. You need at least Civ5 to run BNW. If you buy Civ5 + BNW then you do get the G&K functionality, but not the Civs that are part of G&K. Also, it does not include the DLC.

To get the most, buy the Civ 5 Gold Edition (currently 50% discount on Steam) which includes G&K and all DLC.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544

For BNW on GMG, use the link in the first post of this thread.

5. Smuft

Smuft Chieftain

OK sounds good - I already bought original CIV5 and BNW and notice that I am indeed missing a bunch of CIVS. At this point I assume I can just buy the gold upgrade and have everything?

Thanks for the help.

6. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

yep, that should do the trick.

7. nemini

nemini Chieftain

After waiting until now and restarting steam a couple of times it is now downloading. :) *yay*

8. zippysguitar

zippysguitar Chieftain

So I preorder on steam and on release day they offer 33% off.
    What the hell steam?

9. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Chieftain

Yeah, crazy; I didn't expect BNW to be affected by sales on the other Civ5 stuff simply because it's so new. Caved and bought it.

I wonder if Valve will ever fix the store page so it shows that I actually own the Wonders of the Ancient World...

-HM

10. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

Those sales don't happen without the publisher's approval. So, thanks 2K for punishing me for pre-ordering your product. People who buy it on the EU release day get 33% off, people who pre-ordered it two months back get 10%.

I sent a ticket to Steam's support to inquire, but I expect to be blown off. http://support.steampowered.com/

I guess there is the possibility that it's an oversight.

11. kuukeri

kuukeri Chieftain

Similiar thing happened with G&K release. it didint go on sale on steam i think, but on many sites it was 33% off couple days after release. So this time i didint pre-order as i was expecting something like this to happen.

12. Sindri Pink

Sindri Pink Chieftain

Went to the store today to buy a physical copy, but the store clerk told me the relase date had been changed to July 19th here in Sweden. Seemed weird, but when I went home I found that most (but not all) online retailers had changed the release of physical copies to July 19th. Why the , 2K? Is it like that somewhere else as well?

Since there's a sale going on on Steam, I bought it there instead, but I didn't go to the store just because I wanted the game, but also the physical disc and cover. Apparently 2K Games think I should be punished for wanting that.

13. rsirangelo

rsirangelo Chieftain

Same thing for South America. :mad:

14. SomeoneLikeHim

SomeoneLikeHim Supersonic Scientist

I just got Civ IV for free on steam. I think it's some kind of apology present.

15. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

So did I and I can't work it out. I already own Civ IV. However, I have two vouchers for it.

16. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

Although I already own it on disk three times over I could do with a copy on STEAM! :D:lol:;):)

17. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Actually, I think I have a gift voucher for Civ IV and Civ 5. I have no idea how I managed that.

18. guczy

guczy Warlord

I only got Civ IV as a gift (the base game that is), which I of course already own (although i lent it to a friend a while ago and when i got it back it looked like someone snorted coke from it and the disc is unreadable). Civ IV complete would have made way more sense (or Civ V base game). I really loved Civ IV with BTS but i dont think I will ever play it again.

19. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Well I just checked again and despite being told I had Civ IV it has since disappeared. I have no idea what is going on.

20. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

My "we're sorry!" copy of Civ4 also vanished from my Steam inventory. That's potentially positive, though. I'd rather have the €7 price difference or something I can actually use.