1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 Confirmed Features and Versions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mercade, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGRaaize

SGRaaize Chieftain

Where can I find the manual?

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

3. slikster

slikster Chieftain

Tech tree I made from the manual.

4. Duke of Pie

Duke of Pie Chieftain

:clap: had a fun time studying that :)

5. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Chieftain

Ive heard the contrary but can anyone confirm/deny whether the physical copy of the game will have the manual or not?

6. moopoo

moopoo Chieftain

it won't. they're saving the trees (not sarcastic).

7. Erkon

Erkon Chieftain Retired Moderator GOTM Staff

Could someone please confirm that chopping does not provide the one-time production bonus we're used to in Civ4, and that slavery/pop-rushing is gone as well? I could not find any definite answer to this elsewhere.

8. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

I can confirm that there's nothing in the manual about a one-time production yield from chopping forest. (that doesn't 100% confirm to me that it's not there, but likely).

It's been confirmed before that slavery/pop-rushing of a building is gone indeed. You can only rush a building or unit with gold, and you can only buy it completely. You cannot rush-buy it halfway.

9. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

...No slavery based whipping?
    but... but... Monty. ...Monty! What will we do! Oh god nobody tell Monty this!

10. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

My money is on the two missing (mystery) civs being Babylon and Spain.

11. Wodan

Wodan Chieftain

Babylon doesn't make sense as that was the Deluxe promo. I'd say Mongolia as that was mentioned in some early press releases but is not in the final list.

12. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

updated every thing i could find in the manual bar the units

13. Erkon

Erkon Chieftain Retired Moderator GOTM Staff

Outstanding achievement! Extraordinary effort! Keep up the good work :goodjob:

14. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Hitchhiker

Now that the manual has been published I find this thread should be un-stickied.

15. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

16. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Hitchhiker

Is the manual not accurate then? I just find that this was more of a hype thread collecting single pieces of information from various sources. Now that everything has been officially published there's no need for this thread anymore. Wouldn't you find it a bit strange to still find a "Civ2 Confirmed Features" thread from the top of the Civ2 forum?

17. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

may I suggest looking at this thread ;)

Frankly, of course its going to cease usefullness at some time in the future - but as long as the official manual is all there is and is in an alpha-stage (to be polite) I regard this thread to be quite necessary and 2K should be thankful that not everyone is dropping the ball on this :mischief:

18. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Hitchhiker

Well, obviously the correct course of action here would be to stickify the manual errata thread and to un-stick this one. Also, the official manual and this thread are not all there is: there's also the Civilization Wiki.

Frankly, I have always wondered how these discussion forums are used to store important information. That's simply not what a discussion forum has been designed for. The information is difficult to search, navigate around and access. It's not cross-linked with related topics and it's cluttered with random comments that add no value. The wiki is a perfect medium for storing and organizing information.

19. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Just as a point of info ... I pre-loaded the deluxe (bought at D2D, which as some predicted was a key to get it from Steam) last night ... a 4.5 GB download, which for users of cell phone broadband cards, is a 3 to 4 hour enterprise and [warning: US specific reference coming up] will burn up most of your 5G monthly limit (unless you have Sprint 4G that actually runs at 4G speeds where you are at, which will be faster and has no limit).

Going much over the 5G limit is a frighteningly expensive proposition, so this is an issue not to be ignored.

dV

20. Quentonious

Quentonious Chieftain

I don't see this, but according to wikipedia:
    Two civilizations at peace can form a research pact, which for an initial investment of gold will provide both with a random unknown technology after 20 turns as long as they remain at peace. However, it is possible for a civilization to sign a research agreement for the sole purpose of getting an enemy to spend money which could be used for other purposes; AI civilizations are programmed to sometimes use this tactic before declaring war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.