Civ5 Confirmed Features and Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for Seoul being a city-state!

On the other hand, that may rule out Korea ever being a playable civ in the future, unless in the expansion, but I can dream.

Does anyone know if there is a way to swap two units a la castling in chess?

That would be extremely useful when you have an injured unit stuck somewhere blocking off your full health units, or a slower unit blocking a faster one.

That would be extremely useful when you have an injured unit stuck somewhere blocking off your full health units, or a slower unit blocking a faster one.
As far as I know, you can't do it "magically" (castling is a magical move in chess). On open terrain, with a two move range, you can accomplish the switch. On rough terrain, with just one effective move, you would have to triangulate the movement to retreat the hurt front line unit.

dV

Does anyone know if the hot seat option existis in civ 5? I looked for it but couldnt find it.

Also is there a glitch on the tutorial with roads? I connected tthe cities but it didnt register?

Yes, you can do that. At least I could do it in the demo. When I moved a unit on top of another, the swapped places. I'm not entirely sure of all details yet, but you can try it out yourself in the demo. :goodjob:

As far as I know, you can't do it "magically" (castling is a magical move in chess). On open terrain, with a two move range, you can accomplish the switch. On rough terrain, with just one effective move, you would have to triangulate the movement to retreat the hurt front line unit.

dV

Yes, you can do that. At least I could do it in the demo. When I moved a unit on top of another, the swapped places. I'm not entirely sure of all details yet, but you can try it out yourself in the demo. :goodjob:
Hmm, I have not tried this, have to check it out. Once, I tried to move through a unit and they both ended up on the same tile, at least for a while (that was rather odd)

dV

Hmm, I have not tried this, have to check it out. Once, I tried to move through a unit and they both ended up on the same tile, at least for a while (that was rather odd)

dV

Yeah, they can occupy the same tile as long as they have movement points left. They can't occupy the same tile at the end of the turn.

Yeah, they can occupy the same tile as long as they have movement points left. They can't occupy the same tile at the end of the turn.
The odd thing was the second guy got stuck on the other one, and for a while I could not get the guy to use his move to separate. Might have been a brief game hand, perhaps.

dV

One question for who owns the game, are there different game speeds like marathon and epic?

11. Nordic Edition by various suppliers in Sweden and Norway.
- Regular Edition (DVD)
- C. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Asia
- D. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: The Americas
- F. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Mediterranean

Any one know why only scandinavians getts this offer?

I bught it without even relizing I just got 3 extra maps and was realy happy for the rest of the day :p

Checkd my civilopedia, Lake Titicaca and Mount Everest are not in the game :(

How come you can't play 2 players on the same computer like in the other civ games. This is like civ rev single player unless online.

it has been said multiple time that hotseat will be implemented later due to the demand for it

What Natural Disasters are there waiting for us?
I ask as I just found what looks like a massive volcano, yet is described as a "hill".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom