premature "first game" discussion

evanaurora

Warlord
despite it being three months and 12 (possibly 13) unknown base-game civs too soon for this thread, I thought it could be fun to see everyone's excessively early thoughts.

what are everyone's instinctual 'this will be the first civ I play' feelings so far?

if none of the above, what kind of civ are you on the lookout for?

i'm thinking Egypt just because I'm fond of them, even if their bonuses aren't as strong (unless the river construction bonus is enormous, I guess?) but China and Japan look tremendously interesting as well. In particular, I'm really excited to see what I can do with China, as my preferred playstyle is defensive rather than expansive naturally.

From all the different civilizations unveiled so far, China is the one I'm most eager to try.
I'm waiting for Sumeria though (assuming it's in), as well as Poland, Brazil and Scythia. :)

I like them all to be honest. China might be first but Aztecs might be interesting too. America and England would seem to be an interesting opponent.

China looks straightforward and somewhat easy (with tech and wonder boosts) and it's a classical civ (historically and within the series), so I might go with them. But there might be an unrevealed civ that focuses on an unrevealed feature I'm really excited about, so I might go for another.

My first game would be probably with Sumer (ya know, symbolic "first civ ever... and my first civ in civ6 ;_;"). If Sumer is not in, then Egypt or China.

In every new Civ game I start with a random civ, for an extra element of surprise. The main question I will be asking myself is: What difficulty level will I start with?

I'll probably start on the default difficulty to get my feet under me. From the civs revealed so far, I am thinking about using China due to their seemingly well rounded bonuses. The Aztec reveal intrigues me as well with the early aggression and synergy with their bonuses.

If the Mongols make it in the base game I may try them or Rome depending on their reveals. Of course this is all subject to change :D.

I'm sure I'll start as Rome on Prince.
I began with Civ2 and I doubt I've played a half dozen games OTHER than Rome since the early 1990's! :crazyeye:

OTOH, the Aztecs DO look intriguing.

My first game will probably be as China. I'm very fond of China in terms of history and culture, and their playstyle focusing on wonders and science suits me to a T.

Going wide with the Aztecs right now looks like a lot of fun. I'm still a bit torn on difficulty level, as it's hard to imagine playing below Emperor and not having it be Sandbox.

I like the idea of going random, as well, but since I never get to play wide on BNW, I like the idea of map exploring and seeing what's up with the wide mechanics.

France since Medicis as a whole are awesome and Catherine herself is a notable political beast.
Also France, I mean come on there is a lot of history to appreciate.

Normally I would have picked out a civ I would like to play has, however so far everyone of them look great and fun, so I might just have to go random at this point.

With a random map as well.

I'm probably going to do America first, since this version is my Ideal America. I like Japan too, so far. After that, I might try England on a Terra map.

China on Prince level, subject to even more interesting civs being revealed later.

First game? It's definitely going to be my favorite, called "Random"...

Top Bottom