Prince, (Noble/Prince players) just win!

namliaM said:
We still have not removed that barb city? Just bring a praet from the south....
Units out of cities start to cost coins... be carefull....

I didn't know that - I thought that they'd cost coins anyway. I'd suggest that the next person move them back. Namliam - cheers for pointing it out, that's going to be a massive help to me in the future.

Tom

Ok, the report:

T0- Ok, moving units back into our cultural borders (this is costing us 1 gold per turn), hooking up cows in SW and building routes to resources. I see we lost our position to the south east (5th city), but that will soon get changed :)
I think I am going to keep math, and have queued up construction, which also requires masonry.
T1-Praetorian done in Rome, building library. Library you ask? yea, Library in Rome will add almost as many beakers as produced in the other 3 cities combined!
T2-Attacking barb city...victory! 89$
IBT-Axeman kills barb archer that was waiting by city.
T3-Prat in Antium, getting obelisk in 3.
T4- Pasture for cows. Whip Rome Libary and Queue Archer.
T5-Nothing. Research goes faster now :)
IBT-Warrior in Napoli kills barb warrior.
T6-Antium, Obelisk done, building Prat. Napoli builds Barracks, Prat in 4. No need for granary or library, lol. BTW, Montezuma and Khan like each other (pleased).
T7-Chopping the Silk forest near cumae.
T8-Nada
T9-ARcher finishes in Rome, building Prat., Stopped forest chopping so we get 10 more shields from Math :) Whip Prat in Antium
T10-Rome Grows. Prats>Archers universally. Cumae grows, chopping forest on Silk and building a cottage. Make sure we build a plantation over this spot when we get calendar. I know, it might seem like a waste, but with a cottage its at least a 2 food, 2 gold square. Khan asks for open borders. Screw you Khan, I say no!

Also, we are getting hit with 2 gold per turn tax on units. Time to attack soon. Power wise, all three civs are equal. We should attack soon, before montezuma and khan have babies and decide to feed us to them.
Gold wise Khan has been pretty level (no growth), so he's farther behind in tech. Also, his culture recentl spiked, so he's been building libraries or obelisks.
We need to get some Happy Faces. Calendar or Monarchy would be really good. Better than catapults, since more population= more production and gold.
And our approval rate is 47%. *Crack!* now get back to work.
My recommendation is to get monarchy, the smileys from hereditary rule will be good. wineries (build a city to the west and we can get 2, build right on the westerly Wine square and we get fish too!!:)) will give gold and smilies. 10 turns. Any recommendations?

Unit count:
Cumae: 4 prats, 2 warriors, axeman
Antium: 3 prats, axeman.

There is a barb axeman and warrior in the NW!

ganoman21 said:
T4- Pasture for cows. Whip Rome Libary and Queue Archer.
A what? Why an Archer?

ganoman21 said:
Unit count:
Cumae: 4 prats, 2 warriors, axeman
Antium: 3 prats, axeman.

There is a barb axeman and warrior in the NW!

Nice prepping Ganoman, I will have to look at the save before I can say anything on city placement, but 7 praets and 2 axemen.. Seems like that is enough to get started :evil:

1. Tom
2. Ganoman21 => Prepped us for Khan
3. namilaM => Going after Khan
4. Lawman => Up
5. Jeejeep

In case of any doubt: got it, play in 12 or so hours

Ze Zave

Pre-set
What pre-tell is this? Building military without Barracks, no can do sire... We must have a Barracks first....

Nearly all builds are changed, 2 praets are started (Neapolis and Antium) and a Rax as you can see.

Next turn, well we know about an Axe comming, but that Axe brings some friends

A warrior and They build a city too.... (or still) The warrior moves SE across the river toward Rome, where we are forced to send our (only) archer out to meet our unwelcome guest.

Archer defeats (2.10/3): Barbarian Warrior
The Warrior is outed... and the Axe is barely send off to 'greener pastures' ;) Praetorian defeats (0.80/8): Barbarian Axeman

After a little preparing, mostly moving some units into position, we start...

And the ensuing battle for Turfan is not very encuoroging....

Praetorian loses to: Mongolian Archer (1.02/3) At 72% Not to bad I guess.
Praetorian defeats (2.24/8): Mongolian Archer
Praetorian defeats (8.00/8): Mongolian Archer
But at the loss of one of our (best) praetorians Turfan is razed and we gain some Coin...

The battle for Old Sarai is a bit better ...
Praetorian defeats (5.44/8): Mongolian Archer
Praetorian defeats (6.80/8): Mongolian Archer
Praetorian defeats (4.40/8): Mongolian Archer

And just to hurt his production a little...

The onlooking archer (just north and barely in sight) proceeds NW, towards Cumae. Where we have our stack of Praets still healing after the masicar of Turfan. Nearly there he is truck down by our powerfull minions...

The was the final act of brutality for me, I kept my turns to 7 to even out the turns to 120.

I did leave out one rather important thing
Turn 115 (0 AD)
Neapolis begins: Courthouse

Turn 116 (25 AD)

Turn 117 (50 AD)

Turn 118 (75 AD)
Neapolis finishes: Courthouse
I meant to do this over 1 turn, but ended up as 2. After just one (or two turns) the Whipping of a Courthouse = 2 pop. Nice target I say for whipping.

Spoiler Full autolog :

Turn 113 (50 BC)
Neapolis begins: Praetorian
Antium begins: Praetorian
Axeman promoted: City Raider II
Praetorian promoted: Combat I
Cumae begins: Barracks

Turn 114 (25 BC)
Praetorian promoted: City Raider I
Neapolis grows: 5

Turn 115 (0 AD)
Archer defeats (2.10/3): Barbarian Warrior
Praetorian defeats (0.80/8): Barbarian Axeman
Praetorian loses to: Mongolian Archer (1.02/3)
Praetorian defeats (2.24/8): Mongolian Archer
Praetorian defeats (8.00/8): Mongolian Archer
Captured Turfan (Genghis Khan)
Razed Turfan
Turfan lost
Praetorian promoted: Combat II
Neapolis begins: Courthouse
Antium finishes: Praetorian

Turn 116 (25 AD)
Antium begins: Praetorian
Antium begins: Courthouse
Praetorian defeats (6.80/8): Mongolian Archer
Praetorian defeats (4.40/8): Mongolian Archer
Razed Old Sarai
Praetorian promoted: Combat II
Neapolis finishes: Praetorian

Turn 117 (50 AD)
Praetorian promoted: City Raider II
Axeman defeats (4.15/5): Mongolian Axeman

Turn 118 (75 AD)
Axeman promoted: Combat I
Axeman promoted: Combat II
Neapolis begins: Praetorian
Rome finishes: Praetorian
Antium's borders expand
Neapolis finishes: Courthouse

Turn 119 (100 AD)
Rome begins: Praetorian
Rome begins: Settler
Cumae finishes: Barracks

Turn 120 (125 AD)

I did remove some builds I had lined up. And stopped most 'goto' commands.
At the cost of starving a little Antium can still work its hammers. Then we can grow by making the "new" pop work the farmed FP.

I started farming away that Cottage, I think we need the food. And whats more we can use that to Chain Irrigate to the west once we have CS. We can cottage other FPs if we see fit...

At Neapolis we can grow while waiting for the whip to ware of for 10 turns. Costing us 10 hammers, but gaining the whip! In particular good if we :whipped: at +1 unhappiness... and for 2 pop.

Cumea is nice too. It has a barracks now, so it can finish the Archer. I would do a Praet next, followed by the 'courthouse whip' :whipped: This would be at the cost of 1 hammer per turn or 2 gpt.

Here is also why I want to bring Irrigation West. This city it terribly low on food and in order to work them hills and them Plains we need Irrigation there.
In an additional bonus, the Rice of Rome will get irrigated as well giving an extra food...

Our northern Barbarian frontline... I suggest razing that and heading south with the Praets...

Our south front looks good. Everything not marked are singles.
The Praet in the brown box (top left) needs to heal.
I would bring together the 2 'stacks' to face Beshbalik, maybe at the lone axe too.

The other singles may just track south to pillage that mine. But those are my ideas, please execute as you see fit.

Rome has started on a settler, but we need some more settlers to take up the empty space due south to stop Monty from taking it.

namliaM: Excellent report!:goodjob: I didn't notice the barracks was missing and good thoughts with the whipping. That barb city will keep reappearing, which is good news for us, so long as we keep some defenders around for free XP and gold from plundering! Eventually we will want to expand.
As for the food situation, we really need to get happiness resources in order to take advantage of increased population! I didn't take a look at the save, but did you stick with construction as a tech? If we began the invasion already, perhaps catapults aren't necessary anymore. Is there anyone who thinks Monarchy might be more useful? What's our Tech path from here out?

Also, I would have said don't worry about making the turns come out nicely, you certainly did a good enough report that I would have liked to see the next 3 turns :p

ganoman21 said:
namliaM: Excellent report!:goodjob: I didn't notice the barracks was missing and good thoughts with the whipping. That barb city will keep reappearing, which is good news for us, so long as we keep some defenders around for free XP and gold from plundering! Eventually we will want to expand.
Free-ish XP, Preats are somewhat not perfect vs Axemen.
We want to expand now, but Southward not NW ward.
And thank you for the complement, but Greyfox really is great at logs... I am just .... me ...

ganoman21 said:
As for the food situation, we really need to get happiness resources in order to take advantage of increased population! I didn't take a look at the save, but did you stick with construction as a tech? If we began the invasion already, perhaps catapults aren't necessary anymore. Is there anyone who thinks Monarchy might be more useful? What's our Tech path from here out?
Yes I stuck with Construction, maybe monarchy is the better choice... But I think we will need some cats for the capitol.
It mostlikely has the Pyramids remember? Thus Heaps of culture and a nice (50%+ maybe) culture defence. Wouldnt nice I think attacking fortified archers behind 50% probably with city garison as well. We might end up with something like 50-60% odds in our favour.... Not to good...

ganoman21 said:
Also, I would have said don't worry about making the turns come out nicely, you certainly did a good enough report that I would have liked to see the next 3 turns :p
I wanted too, but still I would only have been at the gates of Beshbalik. This would have made me feel worse than I do now.
I wish I could have kept that Horse/Cow town due SE, it was autorazed. I would settle on that exact spot... :mad: I think Khan rushed an Archer just before or on my attack. Causing it to go down to 1 pop.

namliaM said:
Yes I stuck with Construction, maybe monarchy is the better choice... But I think we will need some cats for the capitol.
It mostlikely has the Pyramids remember? Thus Heaps of culture and a nice (50%+ maybe) culture defence. Wouldnt nice I think attacking fortified archers behind 50% probably with city garison as well. We might end up with something like 50-60% odds in our favour.... Not to good....
True... But what is left on Construction? 5 turns or so? We won't have catapults at the capital for another 15 turns or so. I suppose that means we can heal up our units.

Its looking pretty sweet so far. Gengis has been well and truely shattered, and providing we don't let him recover we should send his civilisation to an early doom.

Nice work!

Good thinking with the farmed FP's too, I cottaged them more out of habbit that anything else, but now that you've pointed out the food scarce west, thats definitly the best move.

Tom

Alright here we go...Sorry for the small delay.

Preturn:Ouch -8 gold/per turn? That hurts, so I go through the advisors and note that monty has silk which means he has calender which means he could have the tech lead, I also move the southwest stack southeast.

Turn 1: Micro-manage rome so it works the villages rather then the cottages, which brings in an extra gold per turn. Attack kassite and win, one warrior left.
So why does antium have one unhappy pop and a warrior defending it? Whip an archer for 2 pop and move troops nearer besh.

Turn 2: Neapolis finishes Praets, starts settler (mmm... beaver...), attack kassite and raze it for 25 gold.
Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
Attack and raze besh with no troop loses I think.
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
Antium finishs archer and starts praet. Start a road to incense, and Khan converts to Buddhism, which makes a problem for us...

Turn 3:Move troops into mongolia, and prepare road to fur city.

Turn 4:Ouch Karakorum has 4 archers and a spear defending it with three axemen on the way. Move troops to the inevitiable clash.

Turn 5: Barb city spawns on the site of fur city:rolleyes:, move praets to raze it, attack kara and kill two archers with no losses.

Turn 6: Attack Kara losing a few praets :( but kill some enemy units as well.

Turn 7:Kill remaining units and Karakorum is ours![party] It also has the pyramids!

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

Turn 8:Lose both praets attacking the new barb city...:eek:

Turn 9: War weariness is starting to hit, and I send units to heal at kara.

Alright I think missed a turn but I think the details for it are in there.
So do guys want to sue for peace now so we can regroup and rest until we wipe him out? Also I didn't revolt yet so feel free to do so.

So here a pic of our empire right now...
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 107
Nice going, reconable log too.

1. Tom => On Deck
2. Ganoman21
3. namilaM
4. Lawman => Got us the pyramids
5. Jeejeep =>Up

I find I am a little concerned we only have 5 cities, we need to expand... fast...

Also I didnt read anything about the Courthouse whip.... (tm)

Sweet. How many cities are left? I would say just wipe them out, of course, you can always see what's good to sue for. If we do make peace and then attack again, Monte will give us another -1 for attcking a friend.
I couldn't find a link for the save file. Am I just blind? :confused:

Expanding = necessary. Fill in the gaps between our borders and karakorum.

I'd like to attack Monte next anyway. If others agree, then it won't matter too much what he thinks of us. Of course its up to the team, but Monte always makes me uneasy. He can go off at any time, and truely wreck your plans. He's almost impossible to predict and you just know that he's going to go off at the worst possible time (like when we've sent our army oversees, or we're preparing to).

Tom

Top Bottom