Problems with Civ II with Windows (2000 and XP)

You can also get the driver from <a href=http://www.freewebs.com/ownspecialway>here</a>

Ok Its 2005 and I am trying to play Civ II which i just brought on Windows 2000.

When I launch the game I get this error message:

CIV2 caused a Stack Fault in module IR41.DLL at 0002:019D.

Choose close. CIV2 will close.

I have read though the info here but I don't understand most of it and the links are dead. Can anyone help me?

Email: scott65652002@yahoo.co.uk.

scott26985 said:
Ok Its 2005 and I am trying to play Civ II which i just brought on Windows 2000.

When I launch the game I get this error message:

CIV2 caused a Stack Fault in module IR41.DLL at 0002:019D.

Choose close. CIV2 will close.

I have read though the info here but I don't understand most of it and the links are dead. Can anyone help me?

Email: scott65652002@yahoo.co.uk.
Download and install Indeo video drivers

This may be the same thing, but:

I have successfully installed Civ2: Test of Time on my home PC which runs Windows XP, and on my laptop which does too. Both times, after installing with no problems, I run into difficulties when trying to actually start the game. The CD-Rom drive starts whirring and then stops abruptly, and after a while an error message comes up saying "XDaemon.dll was not found".

Can anyone help?

Arthur Dent said:
This may be the same thing, but:

I have successfully installed Civ2: Test of Time on my home PC which runs Windows XP, and on my laptop which does too. Both times, after installing with no problems, I run into difficulties when trying to actually start the game. The CD-Rom drive starts whirring and then stops abruptly, and after a while an error message comes up saying "XDaemon.dll was not found".

Can anyone help?

Did you look at the following thread? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=3966

Help! I loaded Civ II onto my laptop running win2000 prof. Got the IR41.dll problem and renamed file. Got MSVIDEO.dll problem and installed Indeo drivers using the iv5setup program. Now I'v lost the bottom quarter inch of my screen where my status bar sets. How do I get it back? I have to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to shut down now and ALT-TAB to change programs.

Tks for your help.
puzzled

My shell.dll is corrupted or something and its pissing me off. My computer refuses to recognize it and placing it in the Civ2 folder does nothing, also, I installed the things that came with it, and dont know how to uninstall them, since they crashed since they couldnt find shell.dll. ANd now I dont know how to reinstall them.

Hi all. I'm also in a bit of a trouble and i'd appreciate if someone would help. :)

I installed Civ2 and I ran into two problems. First was wing.dll = took care of that, and the second was:

CIV2 caused a General Protection Fault in module CIV2.EXE at 0041:0384

Chose close. CIV2 will close.

Note: I did install indeo video drivers and i'm running Windows 2000.

I searched the older topics but nothing.

Funny thing is, CIV1 runs just fine. :D

I'm having trouble installing on my windows xp machine.

I'm trying to install Test of Time, and whenever I put in the disk, the auto play pops up and I click install.

The computer acts busy for about ten seconds, then stops.

I've put all the .exe's on the disk to windows 98 compatability and still no luck.

Any ideas?

I'm also having problems with Installing Civ2 on XP, but mine might be an XP problem. Autorun generates a message that it can't find kekernel.dll (sic). If I try to run setup it terminates.

I also can't install Civ3 (it's not Civ2 but it's better than nothing) for similar reasons.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Lew

Got it working. It turned out that my old CD-ROM drive wasn't working correctly with XP. New drive and everything works.:)

Sorry about that

Top Bottom