[NFP] PSA: Torre de Belém wonder bugged

this bug has been submitted to 2K, but posting it here so that its also attested to.
The wonder description states "When the Torre de Belém is constructed, cities not on your home continent receive the lowest Production Production cost building they can currently construct." It actually appears that the wonder only grants city centre buildings. However this does not seem to be intended behaviour.

Played a Dido game, figured they were a fun Civ to maximise on this wonder. did some testing myself. you can complete belem in city Lpqy with either Eiffel GP or builder chops. phoenicia capital recently moved to kernorland, all other cities on different continents. every city has its lowest production cost building in its queue. When the wonder is completed all production queues are emptied but only the building in MotupŌhue (a granary) completes for free.

I dont know how to post a Civ save file with all properties removed, 2K bug reports have it, if anyone is curious just reply and Ill see if I can work out how to upload it

I saw that reddit post and there's nothing in it that leads me to think that the wonders description text is wrong. As I wrote and as the save files can demonstrate, when the wonder completes every city with a lowest production cost building had its production queue emptied (but if it was not a city centre building, that building remained). That seems more like a bug

I agree, but I think the bug is having the production queues get cleared out when the building isn't built instead of just leaving it in the queue. Also, you should see city centre buildings being built even if you don't have them in your production queue.

Top Bottom