Qin the Unifier and Barbarian Horseman

Goodenuf

Warlord
Hello everyone,
With the new ability to 'convert' barbarians, I've been able to capture "Barbarian Horseman", which as we know is a weak horseman. Usually I'll use them as a faster scout and (since they are weak) they are easily killed when running across other barb camps that have stronger units.
Can these barbarian horseman be upgraded at any point? I've noticed that they can't be upgraded to standard Horseman, but can they at any point be upgraded to more advanced light cavalry (e.g. Coursers) once they're available?

They never upgrade, and are essentially just dead weight after the early classical era. Ok for pillaging in safe environments though, since they get the standard light cavalry promotion table.

You can try out my mod. I made barbarian cavalry upgradeable.

Hi, is the text file supposed to be empty?

Edit: I turned affects saved games off. It doesn't seem to cause any issue in my ongoing game. And the text does show up just fine despite the empty text file.
1676037584574.png

1676037853741.png

Last edited:
Hi, is the text file supposed to be empty?

Edit: I turned affects saved games off. It doesn't seem to cause any issue in my ongoing game. And the text does show up just fine despite the empty text file.
View attachment 653357

View attachment 653358
Yes, the text file is empty. It's just a habit of mine to put a text file in the mod in case there is a text change but in this case there are no text changes.

Top Bottom