Question about compatible mods

Sooo, are custom civs compatible at all? I've tried to play with The Buccaneers, from More Civs, and I can't build shrines or monuments at the start, only units. (this is on 3.151 and 3.16) Tried it with other customs, like Hungary, and Bulgaria from LastSword's, but everything's the same...

There is no one definitive answer to that.
I have used the civs from Colonial Legacies with only minor tweaks needed.
stackpointer has put in place some code that ensures new civs get a starting unit, even when they otherwise wouldn't due to our changes.

It really comes down to trial and error. I have seen mods of new civs that introduce new buildings/units/wonders/traits/promotions/ etc. that are poorly designed or badly written and therefore fail in CEP because we are expecting them to have a basic attribute that is left off.

If you really NEED that new civ, let us or the modder of it know, and we could most likely work out how to get it to work.

Hmm, well thank you for the answer, I wouldn't want to burden anyone with this, it's not that important. :) It's weird tho, 'cause everything was nice first with the buccaneers, then I started a new game with a few extra new civs, and suddenly none of them were right. Whatever, maybe I'll tinker around sometime in the files.

question ... can someone tell me a step by step instruction on how to get cep and yet not another earth map pack to work .... i used to play on the big earth map and it worked well until the fall patch but since then i don't get it to work again :( i got bnw gk and all DLCs.

so hopefully someone also uses both mods and can tell me how to get both to work at once :)

my best result was to get it going somehow but trade routes did not work... thanks in advance

best regards
skirk

PS: i really like the most recent changes (leaders and policies)

Recently I tested each of these mods with CEP and found no apparent problems:

• American Ranch BNW
  • Barbarians - Unlimited Exp (v. 2)
  • (BNW) AMC Greek Epic
  • Brooklyn Bridge Wonder
  • Circumnavigate the World
  • Coastal City Improvements
  • Diplo Marriage Mod
  • Emigration (v. 5)
  • Food for Flatland Cities (v. 2)
  • Friendly Waters
  • Full Option Start
  • Half Price Workers
  • Historical Religions Edit (v. 30)
  • Improved Water Mill
  • Infinite Empire
  • MineScience
  • Minor Civs
  • More City States (BNW) (v. 1)
  • Museum Island
  • New Cities Penalties Halved
  • Optimized National Wonder Scaling
  • Palace of Versailles
  • Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice
  • Reforestation (v. 7)
  • Show Move-To (v. 2)
  • Speedy Starting Settler
  • Waterways [map]
  • Wonder Race (v. 4)
  • Workable Mountains

Mods that do not seem to work with CEP:
  • Civ V Extended City Radius
  • Desert Powerhouse (v. 5)
  • Resources Gone Wild II - World Trade (v.2)
  • The Dawn of Man (v. 8)

As a side note for Barbarians - Unlimited Exp: You can duplicate that mod's behavior by modifying BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE in CEG_Options.sql. That's literally all it does.

I've tested a few more mods with CEP and obtained some results.

These mods seem to work fine:
  • Civilian Movement
  • LibertyMod
  • Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition)
  • Pontoon Bridge (Brave New World) (v. 7)
  • RazeCapitals (v. 3)
  • Submarines ignore borders
  • Wildlife

These mods do not seem to work:
  • Civ V City+ (v. 3)
  • MegaWorkerUnits
  • Religion - Beliefs Expansion Pack (v. 23)
  • Religion - Early Piety (v. 1)
  • Religion - Improved Customization (v. 15)
  • Tall Cities Are All Cities

I couldn't get Historical Religions to work with CEP. The new religion icons don't appear, and I suppose the leader religion preferences from the mod are not being applied either, because I only saw vanilla religions get chosen by the AI.

How do I get this mod and City State Diplomacy to work exactly? I'm afraid I'm not a modding genius and so I'm unable to figure out what exactly to change in these 'SQL' files.

How do I get this mod and City State Diplomacy to work exactly? I'm afraid I'm not a modding genius and so I'm unable to figure out what exactly to change in these 'SQL' files.

Open Options.SQL in CSD's folder.
Look for the below: (starts on line 108)

Options.SQL said:
CSD Patronage Policy Modifications
1 = Modified Patronage Policies Enabled (Default)
0 = Modified Patronage Policies Disabled
*/

INSERT INTO CSD (Type, Value)
VALUES ('CSD_POLICIES', 1);

replace the 1 at the end with a zero.

Then in Communitas AI and Tools (make sure you're in the right folder, there's 4) open Cat_options.SQL look for line 148, very close to the bottom:

Cat-options.SQL said:
CityState Diplomacy Mod Compatibility
*/
INSERT INTO Cep (Type, Value) VALUES ('USING_CSD', 0);

change that 0 to a 1.

The mods that I personally have used with Communitas:
Worked:
Arnold Schwarzenegger Civilization
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World [duh]
Civ Names by Policies
DCU Civilizations - Batman
Default Strange Religions [requires strange religions]
Eggman Empire Civilization (G&K or BNW)
GLaDOS (GK and BNW)
Hyrule Civilization (BNW)
InfoAddict
Mushroom Kingdom [communitas actually fixes a bug in this mod :lol:]
Pokemon City-States
Randomize City Names
Really Advanced Setup
Recettear Civilization Mod
RemoveBanLuxury
Strange Religions
The Empire of Germany (History's super villain)
The Soviet Union (Stalin)
Time Lords (Doctor Who)
Touhou - Great Fairy Alliance
Touhou - Moriya Shrine
Virtucon Dr. Evil Civilization

Did not work (tested alone - only that mod and Communitas were loaded):
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (typically crashed on turn 3)
Hatsune Miku's Vocaloid Civilization [BNW] (causes UI errors, making many units and buildings unable to be selected and thus unbuildable by the player, though puppet cities and AIs can still build them)
DCU Civilizations - Wonder Woman (Amazon Archer and Warrior can be bought with faith by anyone who isn't Wonder Woman)
DCU Civilizations - Superman (Superman Robots can be bought with faith by anyone who isn't Superman)

im having problems with the quickturn addon that you have listed as compatible. I mainly want to use it to speed up aircraft animation, but its not working for me. the aircraft animation length stays the same, but they just move faster, and in circles. I get the same result with "faster aircraft animations". Someone else also posted this behavior on the steam page while others say it works great...

my mods used:
longer eras - historic (v. 8)
infoaddict (v. 22)
pontoon bridge (brave new world) (v. 11)
resource display hotkey mod (v. 100)
communitas ai and tools (v. 3)
communitas enhanced gameplay (v. 3) <- "timecapsule" version
communitas interface (v. 3)
communitas map (v. 1)

There is no one definitive answer to that.
I have used the civs from Colonial Legacies with only minor tweaks needed.
stackpointer has put in place some code that ensures new civs get a starting unit, even when they otherwise wouldn't due to our changes.

It really comes down to trial and error. I have seen mods of new civs that introduce new buildings/units/wonders/traits/promotions/ etc. that are poorly designed or badly written and therefore fail in CEP because we are expecting them to have a basic attribute that is left off.

If you really NEED that new civ, let us or the modder of it know, and we could most likely work out how to get it to work.

This might be asking a lot (and I might not be able to do it lol), but what find of things would be need to look for to find how to solve this issue? Cause there are a number of civ mods I would love to work with this mod. One of them being Teddyk Civ sets.

Hi everyone
Does anyone know any chance on how to combine YnAEMP 34/43/60 Civs DLL > Ceg
Any information would be appreciated
thanx

Does Communitas work with Smart AI, Less Damaged Captured Cities, Cities 4 Hexes Away, Faster Plot Expansion and Less Warmonger Hate? Communitas seems to change these, that's why I'm asking.

Okay, I've tested and can can confirm that Rotate Start Position mod is a bit buggy. If you change your starting location and load the game, that starting position won't be unexplored. You can still see some civilization expanding there.

Top Bottom