[R&F] Question Regarding Loyalty

outlaw22

Chieftain
So, After winning a science victory as Scotland I feel I understand the new game mechanics fairly well except for loyalty. I want to start a new game that focuses on loyalty but I'm not quite sure how it is earned. I know that cities exert pressure as well as governors and policy cards. Is there anything else? Does culture or entertainment effect this in any way?

Amenities affect loyalty, and so does population and relative distance to other cities (yours and other civs').

I see. Also, does being at war or sending trade routes have any effect?

Not directly. War weariness can affect amenities which affects loyalty. Trade doesn't have anything to do with it.

Okay, Thank you for the help. I believe I understand it now.

Curious how the best way to settle a city on another continent is now. Is it going to break away right away?

Curious how the best way to settle a city on another continent is now. Is it going to break away right away?

If there are other cities (not yours) that are close, it's quite likely to flip quickly. Best way is to build at least 2 at the same time, and move in governors until they have enough loyalty to do without. Get them onto 2 or 3 citizens as soon as possible (it helps to have the government building which gives you the free builder). Use the +2 with a unit stationed card too, if you need to. This works well.

Top Bottom