Questions about The BUG Mod

Is BUG 3.6 compatable with 64bit installs? Specifilly Windows 7 64bit?

I can't think of anything in BUG that would cause problems on 64-bit systems as long as BTS runs on it already. If you try it and let me know what happens, I'll add this question to the FAQ.

Runs just fine on 64-bit Vista for me. Don't have the beta for Windows 7 to try it out though.

3.19?

(10chars)

I'm new to civ, but read the recommendations of BUG and decided to give it a try.

After installing ver. 3.6, I could no longer run my FfH2. All I get is XP encountered an error and closed screen.

How do I fix this? It was running fine right before installing BUG.

I tried Vanilla BTS and your mod works - but how do I get rid of the blinking " Press ALT + CTRL + O to customize the BUG Mod" screen when the game starts.

Also, is their a beginner's guide for BUG so that I won't have to ask about each of the 2000 settings in your mod? :crazyeye:

welcome to CFC.

There is a help file that comes with BUG. See that should answer most of your 'getting started' qeustions - check under your 'my games' directory for a BUG Mod directory ... or click on HELP button on the alt-ctrl-o screen.

BUG (afaik) does not work with FfH2. Check that the 'no custom assets' option in the mod ini file is TRUE (=1).

OK, I found your wonderful html help file included in the install, but I uninstalled BUG and Fall from Heaven 2 is still broken.

OK, I found your wonderful html help file included in the install, but I uninstalled BUG and Fall from Heaven 2 is still broken.
How did you install it (single player / multi-player?). If single player - rename your customassets folder to something else ('customassets old'?) and see if that helps.

Did you check the FfH2 ini file for the customassets folder option?

Did you install the BTS 3.19 patch? This would cause FfH to crash. BUG won't cause it to crash to desktop as is happening to you. That is caused by the DLL being out of sync with the EXE, and FfH has its own DLL.

• EXE = BTS Application. This is what you launch
  • DLL = Game core that changes some rules. FfH has one, BUG does not
Both DLL and EXE are modified by the 3.19 patch in ways that make them not work with other DLLs. You must get an update for FfH for it to start working again. BUG is unrelated to this problem.

I tried Vanilla BTS and your mod works - but how do I get rid of the blinking " Press ALT + CTRL + O to customize the BUG Mod" screen when the game starts.

Press ALT + CTRL + O, go to the System tab, and turn off the Options Shortcut Reminder.

I downloaded it, had a quick look and saw it has lil changes on interface and ethnic diversity. What else ? I cant find a post naming content of this MOD.

I downloaded it, had a quick look and saw it has lil changes on interface and ethnic diversity. What else ? I cant find a post naming content of this MOD.
start a game, hit ctrl-alt-o, click on the help button

I've installed the BUG mod a few days ago, now I have spawned a serious problem for myself.

First of all it is possible for only a fraction of players to actually use BUG mod. Not everybody needs to have it. Only when loading the game it appears that the game searches for the BUG mod... It would be logical (IMO) that not everybody would have to install bug mod, since its an interface mod and doesn't change the game mechanics.

The second problem is the biggie here... later I persuaded everybody to install bug mod. And some of the players noticed a *significant* slowdown. Even me, but mine was bearable. Especially when there is more army around. Slowdown disappears if all human players quit.

Now since we are playing on blazing it was impossible for some people to actually play out their turns. They had to wait for like 15 seconds when a diplomacy screen was about to open. Or for the army.

Any clues would be welcome since I like BUG mod.

edit: oh and we all used the "multiplayer install" option

I've had a similar issue as the user in the link below had with the difference that this problem only occurs when I try to play a BTS scenario (screen looks the same as the 1st image). The scenario will load, but there will be no interface. The regular game works fine it's just the scenarios that don't work properly.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323202

I have BUG installed in the custom assets EXE installer with the single-player option. I'm using the latest version of BUG with the 3.19 patch (although this problem was present with the previous patch too). My computer is running Win XP.

This might be inconsequential, EF had suggested to me to set BUG to autoload with Civ in the CivilizationIV.ini with

mod = BUG Mod 3.6

Lastly, Here's the PythonErr2 log info in My Games/BTS/Logs/PythonErr2:

Spoiler :
sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module CvTechChooser
load_module TechPrefs
load_module BugCore
load_module BugUtil
load_module ColorUtil
17:56:40 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Advisors
load_module CvForeignAdvisor
load_module math
load_module CvExoticForeignAdvisor
load_module IconGrid_BUG
load_module DomPyHelpers
load_module PyHelpers
load_module TechTree
load_module re
load_module AttitudeUtil
load_module FontUtil
load_module FavoriteCivicDetector
load_module PlayerUtil
load_module SdToolKit
load_module cPickle
load_module CvReligionScreen
load_module CvCorporationScreen
load_module CvCivicsScreen
load_module string
load_module CvVictoryScreen
load_module TechUtil
load_module CvEspionageAdvisor
17:56:41 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BetterEspionage
load_module CvOptionsScreen
load_module CvReplayScreen
load_module CvHallOfFameScreen
load_module CvDanQuayle
load_module CvGameUtils
load_module CvUnVictoryScreen
load_module CvDawnOfMan
load_module CvTechSplashScreen
load_module CvTopCivs
load_module random
load_module CvInfoScreen
17:56:41 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Scores
load_module CvIntroMovieScreen
load_module CvVictoryMovieScreen
load_module CvWonderMovieScreen
load_module CvEraMovieScreen
load_module CvSpaceShipScreen
load_module SevoScreenEnums
load_module CvWorldBuilderScreen
load_module Popup
load_module CvWorldBuilderDiplomacyScreen
load_module CvDebugTools
load_module CvDebugInfoScreen
load_module CvMapGeneratorUtil
load_module CvGFCScreen
load_module CvPopupInterface
load_module CvScreenUtilsInterface
load_module CvOverlayScreenUtils
load_module CvDotMapOverlayScreen
load_module CvStrategyOverlay
load_module SdToolkit
17:56:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod StrategyOverlay
load_module CvScreenUtils
load_module InputUtil
load_module BugOptionsScreen
load_module BugOptions
load_module BugConfigTracker
load_module BugInit
load_module BugConfig
load_module xmllib
..\WARLORDS\ASSETS\PYTHON\SYSTEM\xmllib.py:9: DeprecationWarning: The xmllib module is obsolete. Use xml.sax instead.
load_module BugPath
load_module CvModName
load_module configobj
load_module __future__
load_module codecs
load_module validate
validate import failed
load_module BugErrorOptionsTab
load_module BugOptionsTab
17:56:43 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
init-ing world builder screen
load_module CvWBPopups
load_module CvCameraControls
load_module CvAdvisorUtils
load_module CvMesoamericaEvents
load_module pickle
PY:OnInit
load_module CvAppInterface

@dirtyparrot - Do you see the same message about not finding init.xml? Can you post PythonErr.log (no 2) and PythonDbg.log? What steps exactly do you take to play a scenario? Give me a specific example so I can try it here.

I didn't see a message about not finding init.xml. However, I did talk to ori in the technical difficulties section and he suggested that I rename the custom assets, which brought back the interface although without BUG or BM loading in the scenario or the regular game. I assume that the next step is to re-install BUG and BM. Is that the right move?

Hey i recently installed BUG mod 3.6 but ever since i did the demographic graphs aren't working, there are no lines its just a big pink blob. What is going on? (other than that i love it and it works fine and sometimes i just sit around playing with the dotmap tool)

Top Bottom