Questions about The BUG Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by alerum68, Sep 6, 2007.

1. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

I can't think of anything in BUG that would cause problems on 64-bit systems as long as BTS runs on it already. If you try it and let me know what happens, I'll add this question to the FAQ.

2. Stormbringer

Stormbringer The Brick and The Rose

Runs just fine on 64-bit Vista for me. Don't have the beta for Windows 7 to try it out though.

3. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

runs fine on Win7 x64 (RC1 - Build 7100) for me.

4. dwaxe

dwaxe is not a fanatic

3.19?

(10chars)

5. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Yep runs fine for me too, only issue was installing with Admin rights - but thats a OS issue.

6. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Yes. . . .

7. blowingsand

blowingsand Chieftain

I'm new to civ, but read the recommendations of BUG and decided to give it a try.

After installing ver. 3.6, I could no longer run my FfH2. All I get is XP encountered an error and closed screen.

How do I fix this? It was running fine right before installing BUG.

8. blowingsand

blowingsand Chieftain

I tried Vanilla BTS and your mod works - but how do I get rid of the blinking " Press ALT + CTRL + O to customize the BUG Mod" screen when the game starts.

Also, is their a beginner's guide for BUG so that I won't have to ask about each of the 2000 settings in your mod? :crazyeye:

9. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

welcome to CFC.

There is a help file that comes with BUG. See that should answer most of your 'getting started' qeustions - check under your 'my games' directory for a BUG Mod directory ... or click on HELP button on the alt-ctrl-o screen.

BUG (afaik) does not work with FfH2. Check that the 'no custom assets' option in the mod ini file is TRUE (=1).

10. blowingsand

blowingsand Chieftain

OK, I found your wonderful html help file included in the install, but I uninstalled BUG and Fall from Heaven 2 is still broken.

11. ruff_hi

How did you install it (single player / multi-player?). If single player - rename your customassets folder to something else ('customassets old'?) and see if that helps.

Did you check the FfH2 ini file for the customassets folder option?

12. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Did you install the BTS 3.19 patch? This would cause FfH to crash. BUG won't cause it to crash to desktop as is happening to you. That is caused by the DLL being out of sync with the EXE, and FfH has its own DLL.

• EXE = BTS Application. This is what you launch
    • DLL = Game core that changes some rules. FfH has one, BUG does not
    Both DLL and EXE are modified by the 3.19 patch in ways that make them not work with other DLLs. You must get an update for FfH for it to start working again. BUG is unrelated to this problem.

Press ALT + CTRL + O, go to the System tab, and turn off the Options Shortcut Reminder.

13. Voltage

Voltage Warlord

I downloaded it, had a quick look and saw it has lil changes on interface and ethnic diversity. What else ? I cant find a post naming content of this MOD.

14. ruff_hi

start a game, hit ctrl-alt-o, click on the help button

15. Neikius

Neikius Chieftain

I've installed the BUG mod a few days ago, now I have spawned a serious problem for myself.

First of all it is possible for only a fraction of players to actually use BUG mod. Not everybody needs to have it. Only when loading the game it appears that the game searches for the BUG mod... It would be logical (IMO) that not everybody would have to install bug mod, since its an interface mod and doesn't change the game mechanics.

The second problem is the biggie here... later I persuaded everybody to install bug mod. And some of the players noticed a *significant* slowdown. Even me, but mine was bearable. Especially when there is more army around. Slowdown disappears if all human players quit.

Now since we are playing on blazing it was impossible for some people to actually play out their turns. They had to wait for like 15 seconds when a diplomacy screen was about to open. Or for the army.

Any clues would be welcome since I like BUG mod.

edit: oh and we all used the "multiplayer install" option

16. Balderstrom

Balderstrom Emperor

*chuckle* ` "lil" changes on interface... `

Winner for understatement of the year ;-)

----> http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/BUGModHelp/ENG/index.htm

17. dirtyparrot

dirtyparrot Upholding Brannigan's Law

I've had a similar issue as the user in the link below had with the difference that this problem only occurs when I try to play a BTS scenario (screen looks the same as the 1st image). The scenario will load, but there will be no interface. The regular game works fine it's just the scenarios that don't work properly.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323202

I have BUG installed in the custom assets EXE installer with the single-player option. I'm using the latest version of BUG with the 3.19 patch (although this problem was present with the previous patch too). My computer is running Win XP.

This might be inconsequential, EF had suggested to me to set BUG to autoload with Civ in the CivilizationIV.ini with

mod = BUG Mod 3.6

Lastly, Here's the PythonErr2 log info in My Games/BTS/Logs/PythonErr2:

Spoiler :
    sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
    load_module CvEventInterface
    load_module CvUtil
    load_module traceback
    load_module CvEventManager
    load_module CvScreensInterface
    load_module CvMainInterface
    load_module ScreenInput
    load_module CvScreenEnums
    load_module time
    load_module CvTechChooser
    load_module TechPrefs
    load_module BugCore
    load_module BugUtil
    load_module ColorUtil
    17:56:40 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Advisors
    load_module CvForeignAdvisor
    load_module math
    load_module CvExoticForeignAdvisor
    load_module IconGrid_BUG
    load_module DomPyHelpers
    load_module PyHelpers
    load_module TechTree
    load_module re
    load_module AttitudeUtil
    load_module FontUtil
    load_module FavoriteCivicDetector
    load_module PlayerUtil
    load_module SdToolKit
    load_module cPickle
    load_module CvReligionScreen
    load_module CvCorporationScreen
    load_module CvCivicsScreen
    load_module string
    load_module CvVictoryScreen
    load_module TechUtil
    load_module CvEspionageAdvisor
    17:56:41 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BetterEspionage
    load_module CvOptionsScreen
    load_module CvReplayScreen
    load_module CvHallOfFameScreen
    load_module CvDanQuayle
    load_module CvGameUtils
    load_module CvUnVictoryScreen
    load_module CvDawnOfMan
    load_module CvTechSplashScreen
    load_module CvTopCivs
    load_module random
    load_module CvInfoScreen
    17:56:41 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Scores
    load_module CvIntroMovieScreen
    load_module CvVictoryMovieScreen
    load_module CvWonderMovieScreen
    load_module CvEraMovieScreen
    load_module CvSpaceShipScreen
    load_module SevoScreenEnums
    load_module CvWorldBuilderScreen
    load_module Popup
    load_module CvWorldBuilderDiplomacyScreen
    load_module CvDebugTools
    load_module CvDebugInfoScreen
    load_module CvMapGeneratorUtil
    load_module CvGFCScreen
    load_module CvPopupInterface
    load_module CvScreenUtilsInterface
    load_module CvOverlayScreenUtils
    load_module CvDotMapOverlayScreen
    load_module CvStrategyOverlay
    load_module SdToolkit
    17:56:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod StrategyOverlay
    load_module CvScreenUtils
    load_module InputUtil
    load_module BugOptionsScreen
    load_module BugOptions
    load_module BugConfigTracker
    load_module BugInit
    load_module BugConfig
    load_module xmllib
    ..\WARLORDS\ASSETS\PYTHON\SYSTEM\xmllib.py:9: DeprecationWarning: The xmllib module is obsolete. Use xml.sax instead.
    load_module BugPath
    load_module CvModName
    load_module configobj
    load_module __future__
    load_module codecs
    load_module validate
    validate import failed
    load_module BugErrorOptionsTab
    load_module BugOptionsTab
    17:56:43 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
    init-ing world builder screen
    load_module CvWBPopups
    load_module CvCameraControls
    load_module CvAdvisorUtils
    load_module CvMesoamericaEvents
    load_module pickle
    PY:OnInit
    load_module CvAppInterface

18. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

@dirtyparrot - Do you see the same message about not finding init.xml? Can you post PythonErr.log (no 2) and PythonDbg.log? What steps exactly do you take to play a scenario? Give me a specific example so I can try it here.

19. dirtyparrot

dirtyparrot Upholding Brannigan's Law

I didn't see a message about not finding init.xml. However, I did talk to ori in the technical difficulties section and he suggested that I rename the custom assets, which brought back the interface although without BUG or BM loading in the scenario or the regular game. I assume that the next step is to re-install BUG and BM. Is that the right move?

20. bobbyboy29

bobbyboy29 I was saying boo-urns...

Hey i recently installed BUG mod 3.6 but ever since i did the demographic graphs aren't working, there are no lines its just a big pink blob. What is going on? (other than that i love it and it works fine and sometimes i just sit around playing with the dotmap tool)