Questions about the Legion of D'tesh

Sir Ironhart

Chieftain
First off, I love these guys. Something about the 'MUST DESTROY EVERYTHING' feel they have just makes me really feel like I'm the Lord of a gigantic, monstrous undead army.

Now the questions.

1. Is there any lore about ANYTHING concerning the Legion? Only thing I know about D'tesh is that he founded the Mekaran order, but left it to pursue his own goals with the Opalus Mortis. Also his defeated line suggests he's done this before. Thanatos is a fallen angel, and that's it. Vanedis is just a guy.

2. Are there any plans to add content to them in the next update?

3. Has the creator of the civilization given up working on it?

I'm also volunteering to fill in the gaping pedia & lore holes the Legion now has.

First off, I love these guys. Something about the 'MUST DESTROY EVERYTHING' feel they have just makes me really feel like I'm the Lord of a gigantic, monstrous undead army.

Now the questions.

1. Is there any lore about ANYTHING concerning the Legion? Only thing I know about D'tesh is that he founded the Mekaran order, but left it to pursue his own goals with the Opalus Mortis. Also his defeated line suggests he's done this before. Thanatos is a fallen angel, and that's it. Vanedis is just a guy.

2. Are there any plans to add content to them in the next update?

3. Has the creator of the civilization given up working on it?

I'm also volunteering to fill in the gaping pedia & lore holes the Legion now has.

Glad to hear you like them, quite a bit of my time has been spent there. :lol:

1. Some. A quick summary:
    D'tesh founded the Mekaran order with the best of intentions; Bringing the power of the gods to all mankind. Hearing of the stolen Gems of Creation, and knowing the power they would bring, he began his search... And ultimately found only one, the Opalus Mortis, the Gem of Death. Unfortunately, the infinite power from the gem warped his mind, overcoming him with the Precept of Death. He decided to keep the power from himself, to become a god over all men, and abandoned the order. In the process, the order was exposed to the Amurite authorities, who took issue with their... questionable... practices, and banished them.

D'tesh returned to the realm of the Amurites several months later, fully in control of the power of the Gem, and launched his attack. He quickly took several border towns, bending the citizenry to his will and obliterating any trace the towns once existed. This is the source of the early D'teshi empire; Those mages who joined him willingly for the sake of power retained some of their independence, to serve as his mages and generals. Vanedis is the greatest of those mages, and was once (before the advent of the Gem) considered a friend by D'tesh. It is the last shred of that sentiment that allowed Vanedis the level of freedom he has, enough that he is left in charge of the empire when D'tesh is away.

Before the Amurites could rally, D'tesh retreated with his new minions into the deep desert, and began the creation of his Spire. It is at this point that Laroth took notice of him, and sent one of his greatest Dullahans, Thanatos, with a message, a proposed alliance; Laroth would aid D'tesh in his desire to conquer all of Erebus, by granting him use of his Dullahans to serve as absolutely loyal, yet capable of creative thought, generals. In return, the souls of all those D'tesh takes as minions are sent to Laroth, to aid him with his own war to usurp the mantle of godhood from Arawn.

There is no more lore beyond that point, as it is that point where the game starts. Lore should be background, not something you try to reenact as you play. ;)
  2. Not particularly; They have more content already than most other civs. Entirely unique, repurposed unitlines, unique improvements, their own terrain, a unique population growth mechanic, etc.
  3. The original creator was Mailbox, who is no longer working on it. However, all lore, leader art, new leaders (Thanatos and Vanedis), improvement design, new mechanics, etc was added by myself; May as well be an entirely different civ than what he created.
I have the lore, I just don't have time to really write much of it. :lol: If you are willing to write lore (and allow me to comment/make changes/etc :p), feel free to do so. ;)

Top Bottom