Questions & Answers

There are excel files in the files if I remember correctly. And the maps are literally maps so you need to know the coordinates and then you can edit it as you want.

But stability is contained in the DLL unfortunately :(

minor Question about Germany's UHV ...

does Vassaling count as controlling France (or any of the other areas)?

No. The goal requires you to have more cities in their core area than the civ that belongs there.

I know this has been noted in some other threads already, but anyone know what the deal is with the broken links on rhye.civfanatics.net? Has anybody tried to contact anyone who could possibly get things back up again?

Hi guys, i have questions about map export. My intend is export map to some computer parseable format. Do you have any experience with it?
If you wonder why, it's fairly simple, i would like to create script that would generate best city positions, so i won't have to do it manually.
Is something like that even possible? Thanks for your answeres.

Have you taken a look into the map files already (i.e. opened them with a text editor)?

They're fairly well parseable already in my opinion. For example, it's no problem to iterate through all plots and extract the necessary information on terrain, features and bonuses you'd need for your algorithm.

You're welcome :) And by the way, it would be great to see what you make out of it.

1. What is the approximate cost of a "steal tech" combat mission in thousands?

Talking about unmodified cost without the -50% which you can get for "standing in city" for longer time.

2. Does it depend on any known variables apart of the tech costs, and which?

3. If it depends on tech cost - which cost is that - the stealer's or the victim's?

got a question, which might be RFC-vanilla, might be Protect Syntisis

why can't I, as Vikings, Build Settlers in England (Jorvik/Iona) while at the same time, i'm able to do it in Roma?

It's a feature of DoC/Synthesis that you can't build settlers in cities that are on different continents than your capital until you've discovered Astronomy. The game regards Britain as a different continent than continental Europe.

The reason for this is realism and to stop exploits like ferrying starting settlers to South Africa and use it as colonization foothold, or do the Spanish first UHV goal before Astronomy by conquering an Aztec city and build a settler there.

feels a bit hallow when i'm building settlers like no tomorrow in Rome :D

Is it possible to break voluntary vassalage as master?

I'm Persia and I will likely want to crush Ethiopia when I feel like it. :p

Is it possible to break voluntary vassalage as master?

I'm Persia and I will likely want to crush Ethiopia when I feel like it. :p

unfortunately not

Why are we all having the same problem with this game. I'm having a hard time figuring out. :(

what problem? you mean that vassal thing?

Ok, but are there some specific conditions under which the voluntary vassal will break it himself?

I mean, is it possible to prod it into breaking vassalage by some in game actions?

Top Bottom