Questions & Answers

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum, I hope this is the right thread for technical problems :eek:
I got a permanent CTD (call to desktop) with the Warlods version of the mod. In the beginning all seems to load correctly, but every time I found the first city the screen turns black, a windows errors pups up and the game crashes. I've tried to uninstall and install again both Civ4 and Warlords but the only thing that has changed is that now the game crashes just after the loading of the scenario. The odd thing is that I downloaded also the version for vanilla Civ4 and that one seems to runs fine. I have patched Warlods to 2.08 and I don't have any other unofficial mod installed right now.

Úmarth;6305041 said:
Did I say Rhine? I meant Danube.

Right, now I see what you mean.
Here's one for you. Some people are asking on another thread about winning
UHV's on Emperor. Some are obviously harder than others.
But my question is. How quickly have you won a UHV at any level?

I've just finish a RFC game as the French. OK only on Viceroy, but I achieved
all the victory conditions in 1778. That's only 6 turns later than it's even
possible, given the date requirement is 1760. It may be on an easy level,
but it can't get much faster than that, can it?:king: :lol: :goodjob:

yea ive always wanted to know that too but i think it involves editin the python and ill rather leave that to the pros

It's actually quite straightforward:

*Browse to civdir -> civexpansion -> Mods -> Rhye's and Fall of Civilization -> Assets -> Python
* Find RiseAndFall.py and open it with notepad (or IDLE, if you have it)
* Press CTRL+F and do a search for "def getAlreadySwitched"
* Now change the following lines:
PHP:
        def getAlreadySwitched( self ):
                scriptDict = pickle.loads( gc.getGame().getScriptData() )
                return scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched']
into
PHP:
                # scriptDict = pickle.loads( gc.getGame().getScriptData() )
                # return scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched']
                return False;
(the indentation is very important!)
* Save.

The catch is, I don't know why Rhye set it so you could only switch once. I might mess something up in game, but you can always try. If you need to undo it you can just delete the return False; and then remove the #s.

That's just it, I dunno. I assume there's a reason Rhye limited it to one, it could be just a cheat or exploit type issue, in which case you'll by fine. Or it could be a bug on the second switch. Your computer isn't going to explode or anything, it just might not work.

I am trying to help them expand east and doing a few alterations, I have reduced the mongols to 1 setller but boosted their keshiks, and givin russia two more settlers and longbowmen at the start and it seams to have made a huge difference. Russia is expanding east now that the good spots arn't taken but I am still testing it out to see if the mongols understand that they need to declar war on china straight away.

anyways when I started my test I assumed russia would just invade eastern europe from the off and kick germany out, but due to a lack of eastern european civs leading to a bigger germany and russia having more cities to defend they havn't, which is good :)

So my Questions are;

1)Does anybody know how I can found a city and give it to the russians in a set date in the game? (I kind of wanted Vladivostok but I think one further north might work better)

2)Can I start china and mongolia off at war?

In my experience Mongolia and China are in a perpetual state of war from right when the spawn until either one wins or at least a few centuries lapse.

Úmarth;6320888 said:
That's just it, I dunno. I assume there's a reason Rhye limited it to one, it could be just a cheat or exploit type issue, in which case you'll by fine. Or it could be a bug on the second switch. Your computer isn't going to explode or anything, it just might not work.

k lol, cuz the first time i played RFC i wanted to go from like india to rome to england to america or somtin like that lol

Úmarth;6319702 said:
It's actually quite straightforward:

*Browse to civdir -> civexpansion -> Mods -> Rhye's and Fall of Civilization -> Assets -> Python
* Find RiseAndFall.py and open it with notepad (or IDLE, if you have it)
* Press CTRL+F and do a search for "def getAlreadySwitched"
* Now change the following lines:
PHP:
                scriptDict = pickle.loads( gc.getGame().getScriptData() )
                return scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched']
into
PHP:
                # scriptDict = pickle.loads( gc.getGame().getScriptData() )
                # return scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched']
                return False;
(the indentation is very important!)
* Save.

The catch is, I don't know why Rhye set it so you could only switch once. I might mess something up in game, but you can always try. If you need to undo it you can just delete the return False; and then remove the #s.

Thakns! I'd already had a fiddle with the Python, but it didn't seem to have any effect, cheers! :)

Eh. I started as Babylonia, swapped to Greece and both Carthage and Rome have spawned without a swap offer...

that's normal behaviour, though, iirc, you cannot switch to same era civs!

k i just changed it (wut Toaster and Rhye said) ill post back to tell yall if it worked

EDIT: woot yup it worked lol Im going to switch to every civ. So far ive got from baby to greece to persia to carth, to rome to japan to Ethiopia lol i loves it

EDIT numero dos: lol never played as Ethiopia and they are uber fun (having fun destroyin egypt) so imma stick with em

Hey guys, I think I am happy with my changes to my game, but I wanna see what the AI is doing, rather that just studying the result after the event. Is the any way to turn the fog of war so I can see what is happening?

Have you tried entering debug mode? You need to change a line in the Civ4Config file in the main directory; search for CheatCode and amend it so it reads
CheatCode = chipotle
then in your game, enter Ctrl-Z while playing, and you will have LOS everywhere.

Top Bottom