Questions & Answers

When I switch to another civ, my game settings don't transfer. For example, I make things go quicker with stacked combat and faster movement. I lose this when I swap civs. Has this been asked yet?

Also, I can't seem to get Genghis Khan's unique power to work in my game. Can someone tell me the details of the power?

Hmm, anyone know why, when I try to edit the Python files in the mod and play, the game doesn't work? Even if it's a very small change, when I go to play the mod, I lose immediately. I get the message "You have been defeated!" first thing, my units don't even spawn. Anyone know why that is? Do I have to edit the WBS or something?

When I switch to another civ, my game settings don't transfer. For example, I make things go quicker with stacked combat and faster movement. I lose this when I swap civs. Has this been asked yet?

Also, I can't seem to get Genghis Khan's unique power to work in my game. Can someone tell me the details of the power?

Is it in a normal game or in the mod? Same thing used to happen to me while playing one of the mods from bts (i don't remember the name, the sci-fi one), the settings I used would not even be saved between turns! So each turn I had to take the annoying combat animations off to make things go faster. However in the other mods or the regular game once would be enough.

Is it in a normal game or in the mod? Same thing used to happen to me while playing one of the mods from bts (i don't remember the name, the sci-fi one), the settings I used would not even be saved between turns! So each turn I had to take the annoying combat animations off to make things go faster. However in the other mods or the regular game once would be enough.

In the mod.

got this phyton exception several times, found no bug report thread so I post it here

Attachments

• Phytonexception Rhye.jpg
    Phytonexception Rhye.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 102
I hope this is the right place to ask. Mhen playing turkey, looking at the map at http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/ it appears that Constantilopolis is in both the Black sea and balkan areas, as is a few other tiles. Does Constantilopolis and another city in that area count towards the "Control the Balkans, the Black Sea and Mesopotamia in 1700 AD" goal?

I hope this is the right place to ask. Mhen playing turkey, looking at the map at http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/ it appears that Constantilopolis is in both the Black sea and balkan areas, as is a few other tiles. Does Constantilopolis and another city in that area count towards the "Control the Balkans, the Black Sea and Mesopotamia in 1700 AD" goal?

Yes, it counts towards both areas, so you could have Istanbul + 2 more cities in the balkan and 2 more cities in the black sea area.

I know there is a cap for holy shrine income (+20 :gold:). Is there a cap for corporation HQs?

Also can either of these be edited via xml or python easily?

Vikings in Greenland...
they never go there.
or they never manage to land there.
but either way, i played a game as them and landed at their two major settlements in the area. nothing.
it went back to the random list.
same with my city in Karelia, Kola, and in Lappland...

i dont know if this was asked already, but when i try to load the mod, the game says civ has to restart, and it quits but wont come back up again. i tried bringing it back up manually, but the scenario wasnt there. any help?
thx.

but from what ive seen and heard, this sounds like an amazing mod. i may get Warlords and BTS just to play the Rhye mods for them.

here's one that may have been asked...
World Wonders....
civs should only be able to build world wonders that are native to their lands.
China = Great Wall
Babylon = Hanging Gardens
etc...
however, there would be some competition.
like for the Statue of Liberty. the USA and France would race to build it first.

thoughts on this rhye?

World Wonders....
China = Great Wall
etc...
like for the Statue of Liberty. the USA and France would race to build it first.

thoughts on this rhye?

Then there would be almost no competition to build wonders, it would be quite easy to build them and they would be pretty much like national wonder. The race to build a wonder would lose all its meaning. Aside from the fact that many civs don't have any of course..

Then there would be almost no competition to build wonders, it would be quite easy to build them and they would be pretty much like national wonder. The race to build a wonder would lose all its meaning. Aside from the fact that many civs don't have any of course..

not necessarily...
civs could compete to build wonders still.
Rome and China could compete for the great wall (that would be due to the roman walls in england).
Spain and France could compete for Versailles...
every civ would have its own main wonders... and 1, maybe 2 wonders that it would share with another civ for competition.
Russia and America would have the pentagon.
and any religious holy city would have the apolistic palace.
many wonders could be expanded to compete against others.
heck, maybe the wonders would be split along the leaders traits... idk.
but just because a civ builds its own, doesn't make it so that no other civ could compete.

i dont know if this was asked already, but when i try to load the mod, the game says civ has to restart, and it quits but wont come back up again. i tried bringing it back up manually, but the scenario wasnt there. any help?
thx.
To get this working you could try loading it directly from the WBS save. This is found somewhere like [civ install directory]/Beyond the sword/Mods/Rhyes and fall/Public Maps. [civ install directory] is probably c:/Program Files/Civilization 4/. To run the file double click on it.

I hope this helps. If you cannot find the file post back and I will get the exact path.

World Wonders....
China = Great Wall
etc...

thoughts on this rhye?

there are already hidden modifiers that guide AI to build certain wonders and not to build others. But I'm not hardwiring anything "only be able to..."

thx.

you might have installed it in the wrong folder. Or you may have custom assets installed. Any more info?

there are already hidden modifiers that guide AI to build certain wonders and not to build others. But I'm not hardwiring anything "only be able to..."

alrighty then. forget i asked.

Top Bottom