• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Betazed. I dont think I'll ever try Sid. Diety is bad enough but emporer is sometimes too easy. I need something a bit harder than emporer but easier than Diety.

Originally posted by budweiser
Thanks Betazed. I dont think I'll ever try Sid. Diety is bad enough but emporer is sometimes too easy. I need something a bit harder than emporer but easier than Diety.

You know what I think. I think it is just a matter of time before someone posts a successfull AWS - Always War Sid story.

Hi,

I have automated worker runing around doing all sort of automated things. Now I want to build some railroads. Is there a simple way to wake-up all these workers and put them back under manual control?

Click them before the turn starts or click the so it says "this worker has already been activated." Wakes them right up :)

Hi! Does anybody know what the relationship between palace cost and number of cities is on a standard map? I have a prebuild going that is about to run out, so I need to know if I can extend it by founding some cities...

Sorry about that, wanted to see if it was working! Well, I downloaded ptw 1.27 and double clicked on the application which then quickly installed and everything seemed hunky dorry. However, it doesn't seem to have worked because when I play civ iii it still says 1.29 at the bottom left of the main screen and I don't have any of the new features of ptw, so i assume it's not worked. What do I do, any kindly soul who can help me out would have my undying gratitude!!!:D

calebtheripper, you have to buy Civilisation III: Play the World in order for the patch for Civilisation III: Play the World to work. It will have no effect on vanilla civ.
Instead of buying PTW i would advise buying Conquests though, as it includes PTW and more! :)

Originally posted by calebtheripper
Sorry about that, wanted to see if it was working! Well, I downloaded ptw 1.27 and double clicked on the application which then quickly installed and everything seemed hunky dorry. However, it doesn't seem to have worked because when I play civ iii it still says 1.29 at the bottom left of the main screen and I don't have any of the new features of ptw, so i assume it's not worked. What do I do, any kindly soul who can help me out would have my undying gratitude!!!:D

you downloaded PTW? :confused: I guess you mean the patch.

I think you are running the civ3 executable. PTW comes in its own executable in the PTW folder within the civ3 install folder. run that.

Hi, thanks for helping me out. You're right, I did download the patch, thought it was the actual ptw mod (if that is the right term) Is ptw downloadable or do you have to buy it?

It's not that bad. With conquests released, which includes PTW, a lot of players will have a spare (read: useless) PTW disc. Someone might sell it to you cheap, or give it to you for free.

You could always buy conquests yourself of course.

Originally posted by Lenvik
Hi! Does anybody know what the relationship between palace cost and number of cities is on a standard map? I have a prebuild going that is about to run out, so I need to know if I can extend it by founding some cities...

pdescobar found a formula, take a look at it in this thread.
Palace cost depends on actual number of cities/OCN ratio.

Formula seems to work correctly, at least I could occasionally predict if my palace pre-build would get 'expensive' enough, i.e. would work well together with my expansion strategy just in time.

Scroll up to anarres post (here in QA) to get the standart map OCN.

Hello All,

On page 119, the original CivIII manual states:

"the city enjoys certain benefits [as a result from WLTKD], depending on your civilization's type of government."

Can someone explain, or give me links to explanations, on the specific benefits of WLTKD on each of the governments?

Thanks,
daufoi :)

WLTKD reduces waste (i.e. shield production, not commerce).

You must have a size 6 city, no unhappy citizens, and at least as many happy as content citizens to get a WLTKD.

A little question of my own :)
If you have a wonder like Sun tzu's war academy, is it possible for the improvement granted by that wonder to be destroyed by bombardment or sabotage? I'm guessing no...
And Anarres, do you know how much waste is lowered by?(with a WLTKD) For some reason I think its 15%, but am not sure...

Edit: Thanks Anarres, will do.
Edit again: Thanks Grille :)

15% is a good estimate, but you should read Alexman's Corruption Article for the full (complex) formua, since it depends on several other factors.

Originally posted by Gainy bo
A little question of my own :)
If you have a wonder like Sun tzu's war academy, is it possible for the improvement granted by that wonder to be destroyed by bombardment or sabotage? I'm guessing no...

e.g. SunTzu case:
You can get the message that a barracks gets destroyed by bombardment, but the barracks still sits there afterwards in any case.:)

I'm not sure if this message can occur any time, or if this would only apply if the city had built a barracks from scratch before SunTzu kicked in ("2" barracks in city).
If it's the former, bombardment missions could have a high 'waste potential', but I've never got the message "barracks destroyed" twice on an excessive shelling run, so it seems that a city with only one (free) barracks lacks that as a target.:)

I know what WLTKD does in general but bow do the benefits of WLTKD differe between governments (as the manual says)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom