Quick Civ/Steam question

WhoGnu

Chieftain
I just purchased Civ VI on Steam with everything including soundtrack. I was really into Civ IV but I don't play a lot of games in general so my understanding of Steam is limited.

My question is when I load the game it says at the bottom of the main screen that: "A new update is available for Civ VI. Go to civilization.com for the complete notes". However I can find no way to update.

Can anyone please advise? This is the latest download from Steam as of 8/11.

Thanks,
WhoGnu

No worries. Steam should have downloaded the patch automatically. You can verify that you have the right version by looking to the lower left of the same screen that shows the "new update" message. If you have the current patch installed, it will say:

1.0.0.167 (396277)

If you are curious about what was changed in that patch, you can check out the patch notes here. Since it sounds like you didn't play Civ VI pre-patch, they probably won't mean much to you now, but each future patch will come with similar patch notes, which we always post for reference.

Thanks Browd,

I guess I just don't understand why it would say there's an update available if it's already installed. BTW my number is 1.0.0.167 (296227). Can I assume your number (396227) is a typo?

Thanks again,
WhoGNu

My game provides me the same message and I know for a fact I have already got the latest patch.

Can I assume your number (396227) is a typo?

Yeah, typo. Sorry. And you can ignore the message -- it probably won't go away until the next game update occurs, when Firaxis will display some other message (FWIW, the prior message encouraged players to visit the civ reddit and civfanatics communities).

Consider that area with the message an in-game social media where they promote a few stories. The patch text is just an announcement of it being available, not specifically checking your game.

I find it odd that they choose that particular wording for the patch - for default settings, which I suspect most people have, you'll have already downloaded the patch by the time you see the message for the first time. "Is available" makes it sounds like you need to do something; something more vague like "is here" would make more sense.

Top Bottom