Quick Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of a modcomp or had experience with making ranged combat give experience, I have found a bombard city and an air attack one, but not one for ranged combat. I would try to find the necessary code in the air combat mod, (because the mechanic is almost identical to ranged combat) but it has a lot of extra air mission specific stuff in it which i think will make it very difficult to isolate what i need from what I don't.

As always help is appreciated!

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of a modcomp or had experience with making ranged combat give experience, I have found a bombard city and an air attack one, but not one for ranged combat. I would try to find the necessary code in the air combat mod, (because the mechanic is almost identical to ranged combat) but it has a lot of extra air mission specific stuff in it which i think will make it very difficult to isolate what i need from what I don't.

I don't know what's out there now but that's a really good idea in general I think! Why should your bombarding units be left out of the experience loop anyhow right? You've inspired a C2C project. Thanks Spi't!

Good idea as well. I recently found the code in Total Realism, but haven't tried it out. It is in the sdk commented as Ranged Combat Experience

go to civ install on the d: drive and work your way through the folders looking for a 'mods' folder, place the desired mod folder in there.

If it is an installer that loads the mod on, you will have to see if you can point it to your civ install path by 'browsing' for it, but different installers act a little different to each other...

Oh and most mods require Beyond the Sword so you need to go into that folder within your civ install folder then look for the 'mods' folder.

For some reason I am having real trouble finding Total Realism... I am sure I used to see it really easy... EDIT: It became realism invictus! anyone know where I can get the source code?

Also, I have been looking at trying to expand TLO SDK promo tags mod, (when I actually get it to work for me :D) I am looking to add an iaircombat increase tag, and maybe even a strength one for it.

I searched for iaircombatlimitchange (which is an existing tag in the mod) and there are only 8 references in CvUnit and CvInfos... now my guess is I am clearly missing something to the adding promo tags process....but I don't know what that is.

I looked for iextrastrength and got the same result, 8 references.

Any enlightenment is appreciated!

EDIT: It seems that at the moment combat promos boost both icombat and iaircombat, that is why there is not a promo tag for it because the effect needs to be split first..

Hello, my Question for is the following:

i downloaded a custom button for a unit.
I done this many times worked fine so far, BUT
The new button shows fine on unit and in wiki.
However it doesn't show on tech progression screen on the proper tech.
If i open up the tech - it shows it with proper unit...
And its the only tech needed for this unit.

Any ideas what it could be?
thanks!

I'm having a problem with tortoise svn. not sure if this is the best place to ask but I couldn't find anywhere better.

after over 600 successful commits it suddenly says commit failed, such and such folder is locked. but when you look at the folder in the tortoise svn context menu it says it isn't locked.

even if I try to commit folders or files that are not in the locked folder, the commit still fails with the same error.

I updated tortoise svn to the latest version but all that did was change which folder it claimed was locked.

can anyone help?

The_J - no its not a UU - I simply replaced the button image from default to new one this is what I have

Spoiler :
my unit and its req tech

Spoiler :
my tech pedia and unit on its screen

Spoiler :
tech progression screen - no unit :confused:

---------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I figured it out :) the unit type tag was wrong. silly newbie mistake :)

I'm having a problem with tortoise svn. not sure if this is the best place to ask but I couldn't find anywhere better.

after over 600 successful commits it suddenly says commit failed, such and such folder is locked. but when you look at the folder in the tortoise svn context menu it says it isn't locked.

even if I try to commit folders or files that are not in the locked folder, the commit still fails with the same error.

I updated tortoise svn to the latest version but all that did was change which folder it claimed was locked.

can anyone help?
Right click on the repository file. Mouseover Tortoise SVN to bring up the SVN options. Click on Clean Up. You'll need to do do this if ever you cancel an update or commit before you can try it again.

Hi guys, I am trying to merge TLOtags with my k-mod based mod that uses BUG stuff, and I don't know how I should go about merging all the python stuff correctly....

For example
Bug has:
BUGeventmanager
and TLO has:
Customeventmanager

If anyone thinks they could help me work through this, could you pm me, or we could start a new thread, just so I don't clutter up this thread...

Cheers Guys!

So, two questions actually.

One, how would I edit the religions of the game and change them into something else? I've found no help on this.

Two, how would I change the name of the barbarians? Same thing as above, can't find any help.

1) Change into what? And in which way? Mechanically? Names? Icons?

2) Names are defined in the XML\Civilizations\CivilizationInfos.xml. The entries in there are references to entries in *one* of the files in XML\Text (in case you're looking at BtS files: Files from WL and vanilla Civ4 are also loaded).

Right click on the repository file. Mouseover Tortoise SVN to bring up the SVN options. Click on Clean Up. You'll need to do do this if ever you cancel an update or commit before you can try it again.

I've found the newest version of Tortoise to be far more buggy from personal experience than older ones. In addition to this error I've gotten other errors about not having appropriate permissions and not being able to access the server properly (even though I can update fine). Just something to keep in mind.

1) Change into what? And in which way? Mechanically? Names? Icons?

2) Names are defined in the XML\Civilizations\CivilizationInfos.xml. The entries in there are references to entries in *one* of the files in XML\Text (in case you're looking at BtS files: Files from WL and vanilla Civ4 are also loaded).

Changing names and icons is about it, I also need to change the Civilopedia entry to reflect the change

So changing the barbarians name would be just like changing any other civs name?

Top Bottom