Quick Questions and Answers

Fair enough.

My next n00b question: is there some way to get replay to show me events by date rather than turn? I'm a bit of an RPer and it'd really enhance the after action stuff. Thanks.

Considering the teeth we as a fan community had to pull to get the replay added to the game at all: no.

Do civs ever sell any of their cities? Captured or not. Not counting peace deals

I've successfully demanded cities before outside of peace deals, and at least once bought one of my former cities back from an enemy I didn't want to fight any more. I've never outright purchased a decent sized city that they founded from an AI though.

I'm asking regarding G&K, though I don't think BNW changed anything in that regard.

I've read in an old thread (likely one made near the release of the game) regarding Combat that attacking a 1 HP city with a Unit will always result in the Unit capturing the City, even if there was a massive difference in the Unit/City strenght. Is that still true or was this changed at some point?

Is there a way to use mods permanently, ie. without having to go through the "load mod" interface?
I have been using InfoAddict and CivWillard and can hardly play without, despite them seeming a bit out-of-date.
And also, can achievements not be tracked ever when using mods?
Both of the above mentioned do not alter the rules.
I'm playing CivV + G&K, by the way.

Thank you, PW

I have a question. It seems that AIs (city states especially) really, really love to build a lot of Pikemen and barely any swordsmen/long swordsmen/musketmen. Is there a reason for this?

I have a question. It seems that AIs (city states especially) really, really love to build a lot of Pikemen and barely any swordsmen/long swordsmen/musketmen. Is there a reason for this?

They don't have Iron I would guess, or they have gifted the iron to their Ally.

Is there a way to use mods permanently, ie. without having to go through the "load mod" interface?
I have been using InfoAddict and CivWillard and can hardly play without, despite them seeming a bit out-of-date.

Thank you, PW

The reason you can't get achievements when you use mods is pretty obvious. Yes it is a pain because not all mods give you an advantage that would de-value an achievement but there is no way to tell the difference.

I'm asking regarding G&K, though I don't think BNW changed anything in that regard.

I've read in an old thread (likely one made near the release of the game) regarding Combat that attacking a 1 HP city with a Unit will always result in the Unit capturing the City, even if there was a massive difference in the Unit/City strenght. Is that still true or was this changed at some point?

Cities can now be reduced all the way to 0 hit points, and any city so reduced will be automatically captured by any non-ranged unit attacking it. So the general statement that "attacking a fully reduced city with a Unit will always result in the Unit capturing the City..." still holds.

Thank you, PW

There sort of is a way to use mods permanently, though I would only recommend it with very non-intrusive changes. You can directly modify the core game files with your mod, which will not only allow it to be run without the mod interface but also allows you to gain achievements playing with your mod. The biggest downside is that the game will revert all such changes every time it updates from Steam. About the only "mod" I have made this way is changing the max XP from barbs from 30 to 60, but you could theoretically make any changes a mod can do in this way. Modify core game files at your own risk. Also, make sure everyone playing a multiplayer match with you has made the same changes, or unexpected things may occur.

If you are allied to two CS's that are fighting each other, is there anyway to bang their heads together and tell them to make peace?

If they are both your allies I can't imagine any way they can be at war with each other. It's possible in some circumstances the peace may be delayed by a turn for the diplomats to catch up with the changing global alliance situation, but that's the most I've seen. Do you mean the "we want you to attack our rivals" quest? That one just hangs around until it expires but they're not actually fighting each other.

No, I mean they are fighting each other. I have seen the scenario several times.

It occurs (in my experience) when you ally one or both of them after they have been allied to different warring Civs. Unfortunately they don't stop fighting once they come under your umbrella.

In the end it means nothing but it is annoying.

Guys please help,

What i need to do to show the withe shine lines between 2 hexes and the "simbol" of the resources in those circles that i see in so many posts around there ?

(Sorry for poor english too)

Next to the minimap is a button that pops up some options, including show hex grid (you can also toggle that with the "g" key), show resource icons and show trade routes, among other options.

There sort of is a way to use mods permanently, though I would only recommend it with very non-intrusive changes. You can directly modify the core game files with your mod, which will not only allow it to be run without the mod interface but also allows you to gain achievements playing with your mod. The biggest downside is that the game will revert all such changes every time it updates from Steam. About the only "mod" I have made this way is changing the max XP from barbs from 30 to 60, but you could theoretically make any changes a mod can do in this way. Modify core game files at your own risk. Also, make sure everyone playing a multiplayer match with you has made the same changes, or unexpected things may occur.

Thank you. This is exactly what I am looking for. Can you be more specific about how to do it or perhaps direct me to someplace that might explain how to do it?

Top Bottom