Quick Questions and Answers

Did they change the Domination Victory requirements recently? Taken straight from the Civilopedia (BNW after the fall patch) "If you are the last player in possession of your own original capital you win". Yet, this doesn't seem to be the case. As the image I am submitting clearly shows, I met those conditions but I did not win (until I took the Venice capital).

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-02 at 9.59.22 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-11-02 at 9.59.22 AM.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 134
Yes they did. Now you have to own all original capitals. Civilopedia wasn't updated, but the victory progress screen was.

Yes they did. Now you have to own all original capitals. Civilopedia wasn't updated, but the victory progress screen was.
Thank you :)

Yes. Go to the Advanced Setup screen when you are setting up the game. You can manually delete all but one AI player, leaving you and the one AI.

You could also set it up as a Duel game. This has the added bonus of shrinking the map so you don't have this giant empty continent (unless that's exactly what you want of course).

Is there a civ that gets a lake bias start? I would really love to actually get a lake when I start, instead of having to search everywhere.

Yes, but you either need to move the spy before the tech is stolen (carefully monitor the steal countdown) or put the spy in as a diplomat.

Hey there guys!
I am a very very near noobish Civ V player. I won A game using Germany on the third difficulty. Warlord I think?

However i didn't know what I was doing so, since I'd love to play on Deity one day, i'd like to be pointed with a few guides to help me be a better Civ player. I watched a few LP on Youtube and it helps. But I'd like to learn some of the basics too.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

Are there any free expansions or scenarios besides rise of the mongols? If not, is it worth downloading mods made by players?

Here's my question, which is remarkably stupid for an experienced player but my mind's gone blank:

If I'm playing on Epic speed, what compares to a sub-300 turn victory on Standard?

Are there any free expansions or scenarios besides rise of the mongols? If not, is it worth downloading mods made by players?

I don't know about free DLC but why not download mods? You won't get any achievements when using them but there is a massive range of interesting twists and improvements to enjoy.

As we all know, when a great person is born the next great person requires more GP points in order to be born. Unlike Civ4, I've noticed that not all the great people share that same denominator. For example, when a great engineer is born, this doesn't affect the GP points needed for a great writer, but it does affect the points needed for a great scientist. What are the groupings of great people that share GP point requirements?

This is relevant to my game now, but I haven't paid any attention until now, so I'm looking for the quick answer or a link to a reference.

For example, it looks like the groupings are as follows. Is this correct, meaning that only the Scientist, Engineer, and Merchant share their GP requirements? Do the artists, writers, and musicians have their own counter? This is BNW context.

Standard GP|Artist GP|Writer GP|Musician GP|Faith Based|Non-naval combat XP|Naval combat XP

1. Great Scientist
  2. Great Engineer
  3. Great Merchant
|
  1. Great Artist
|
  1. Great Writer
|
  1. Great Musician
|
  1. Great Prophet
|
  1. Great General
|
  1. Great Admiral

Great Engineers, Merchants and Scientists are on the same counter. Everyone else has a separate counter.

Only exception that comes immediately to mind is a Mayan long-count Great Prophet, which (inexplicably) counts toward the GE/GM/GS counter.

Top Bottom