Quick Questions and Answers

I'm seeing my influence with hostile city-states degrade at -1.67 points per turn and it's only 2700 BC. How exactly does something like this happen?

Is there an easier way to check if a civ has a diplomat in my capital? Or do I have to check the trade screen or the influence screen?

Feels like I'm asking a question every day. :)

Check the trade screen. If selling your WC votes is an option with a particular civ, that civ has a diplomat in your capital.

Check the trade screen. If selling your WC votes is an option with a particular civ, that civ has a diplomat in your capital.

Yes, that's what I did when I thought 'there's got to be a quicker way'. Guess not :)

Can you save social policies without choosing one when you're too early for the medieval social policies that you want? So for example you want a social policy in medieval but you're too early since you haven't reached medieval technologies yet.

One of the Advanced Setup options is Policy Saving, which does what you describe.

Note that it doesn't work with the Oracle -- if you build it, you have to take that free policy. Pretty sure it also doesn't work when you can take an Ideology and early adopter tenets. Finally, Policy Saving is a prohibited option in HOF games, so if you want to submit a game to HOF you can't use that option.

Why does 1 pop just captured, puppeted and still in resistance city have combat strength of 100 or more? If i remember correctly it was captured by enemy privateer. It's more combat strength than my 30 pop capital on hill. Though it might have been glitch and it didnt show unit inside?

Why does 1 pop just captured, puppeted and still in resistance city have combat strength of 100 or more? If i remember correctly it was captured by enemy privateer. It's more combat strength than my 30 pop capital on hill. Though it might have been glitch and it didnt show unit inside?

Does it have any military defense buildings built in it? Depending on your graphics settings, garrisoned units are not always shown by default, so that could be it too. If your opponent that captured it has significantly higher military tech levels too, his cities can be stronger than yours, sometimes much stronger.

Does it have any military defense buildings built in it? Depending on your graphics settings, garrisoned units are not always shown by default, so that could be it too. If your opponent that captured it has significantly higher military tech levels too, his cities can be stronger than yours, sometimes much stronger.

When city is captured all defensive buildings are destroyed and city was still in resistance so no possibility to buy

The primary factor in city combat strength is the tech era level of the capturing civ. The privateer notwithstanding (AI is bad at upgrading units), is it possible that the AI was that far ahead of you in science? Garrison, population, SP, buildings, etc., even in aggregate, are of secondary importance to city strength as compared to era.

The primary factor in city combat strength is the tech era level of the capturing civ. The privateer notwithstanding (AI is bad at upgrading units), is it possible that the AI was that far ahead of you in science? Garrison, population, SP, buildings, etc., even in aggregate, are of secondary importance to city strength as compared to era.

Well leader was 8% ahead. Dont know how much city owner was. Still there couldnt be any buildings cos it was still in resistance. Didnt know that tech level has such huge impact on city strength. Is there information somewhere how different factors to city combat strenght are explained.

In previous Civ, the wasted :c5production: from getting beaten to Wonders are partially converted to gold. How is this handled in civ5?

Top Bottom