1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Acepox

Acepox Chieftain

It's probably been answered an infinite number of times, but I couldn't find any good answers so, how do you play multiplayer/online with mods?

2. Seti_PL

Seti_PL Chieftain

Does Clausewitz's Legacy work for air units? I see additional information about temporary bonus in combat info popup, but calculated damage remains the same. Is there any known bug?

3. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Can embarked units pillage sea trade routes?

4. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

I wasted 1 hour, but learned that embarked units can't pillage sea trade routes. Cargo ship will just pass thru them, and "pillage" button won't be active even your unit is on the same tile with cargo ship. You are welcome :)

5. Seti_PL

Seti_PL Chieftain

I checked source in SDK and can confirm that It doesn't work for any ranged units: bombers, battleships, gatlings etc.

6. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Can I build improvements (such as mine, plantation) on the territory of another Civ (AI-controlled)? I have open borders, of course

7. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

No, but you can build roads.

8. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Questions about spies:
    1. My spy in another Civ's capital working on stealing technology. What will happend if this city will be captured by another Civ?
    2. What if I move this spy somewhere and then return him to that city? The required time to steal the technology will be recalculated or work will be continue from the point where it was stopped?
    3. Coups in city-states: Anyone know the chance to successfully coup? Does it depends on influence level of CS's current ally? Does it depends on spy's level?

9. Tombaugh

Tombaugh Chieftain

1: he will get unassigned
    2: recalculated
    3: dunno the first one, yes

10. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Spies: So the higher another civ's influence on that city-state, the higher chance for my spy to be killed while staging coup? Or it's only his level that affect that chance?

And quick question on theming bonus. As far I understand, artifacts are acting as great works of art. Is it true for getting theming bonus? For example, for Sistine Chapel "Fill the slots with Great Works of Art from the same civilization and the same era.". Can I use one work of art and one artifact to get theming bonus? Or, can I use two artifacts to get this bonus?

11. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

If the building specifies great works of art, you need great works of art. Artifacts are only useful for theming in museums and in the Louvre (which specifies both art and artifacts to get the theming bonus).

12. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

I'm sorry, one more quick question about spies: if my spy arriving to the city-state, that are currently another Civ's ally, and that Civ declared war on me (therefore city-state declared war on me), will my spy still be able to try coup in that city-state? Thanks!