1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Penkover

Penkover Chieftain

Does anyone of you works cover promo ( 1 and 2).
    I tried a lot of experiment with IGE mod and a cant see the bonus when it show the table. I have Bnw and Gk and all dlcs. Thx.

2. Aloha

Aloha Richard the Catheart

Hi, can someone tell me how to alter the background picture in the game main menu? I wanna change the BNW one to the vanilla one.

3. Swayam.vaibhav

Swayam.vaibhav Chieftain

hey I have been playing Civ5 for a while now. But i haven't updated. As is I have been playing the 1.0.0.17 version. Where can I get the updates, and what should I know about them?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Steam should automatically update your game. Just go online on Steam. if that doesn't automatically update your game, you can revalidate your game files (right click Civ 5 in your Steam Library, select Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache), which should download updates. Same should happen if you are playing the Mac App Store version -- automatically update through the Mac App Store.

5. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Few quick questions:
    1. Supply: I noticed that I can go negative supply without having penalty. I assume supply is for all units - military and non-military? And I get penalty only when amount of military units becomes bigger than my total supply? Is it correct? And does Caravans counts?
    2. Gold and auto units disband/buildings sold: under what conditions units will be disband / buildings sold? When there's no science points left with -1 gold or more? Or -5 gold or more?
    3. Healing: I assume cities have 200 HP? And they heal 25 HP per turn? How much it heals with walls? Will city heal if I used city's attack this turn? And if city were attacked (took damage) will it heal this turn?
    4. Could you give me the link to experience earning guide, please? I want to know how much exp different units receive for being attacked.
    Thanks!

6. Sarin

Sarin King

about 4: Units recieve 5 XP when attacknig on melee, 4XP when defending against melee, 2XP both when attacking and defending on range. Military Tradition adds 50% to XP gain, rounded down. There is also a bonus when attacking a city IIRC.

7. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

just reinstalled Civ V vanilla on laptop
    probably been asked B4, BUT....
    if I buy Brave New World DLC do I still need to buy Gods and Kings DLC
    or which version gives the most up to date update.
    long time Civ IV player and with the aussie dollar low at present I am looking to save a buck
    :lol:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. Tombaugh

Tombaugh Chieftain

9. Browd

BNW will give you the most up-to-date game mechanics. G&K would give you some civilizations that are not in BNW, and some scenarios that also are not in BNW.

10. Patrick Doyle

Patrick Doyle Chieftain

First My computer stats then the question? I run an AMD FX8320 black edition 8 core CPU, 16gb of corsair ram and a asus 1050 video card 5gb GPU ram and have 5tb storage. Is this enough to run the 60 civ map dll, if not should I upgrade the ram to more and faster or buy a new card (this one is new) or is the ynaemp map even playable?

11. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

quick late thankyou
    I ended up getting the boxed edition containing both...

12. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Does Leaning Tower of Pisa increase GPP, needed for the next GP, after giving you free GP?

13. Browd

Yes it does.

14. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Hello ! Im new to Civ5 and I want to know what TSL means ? I've downloaded a map of earth with TSL tag and when I launched it istead of 22 civs like the creator wrote I'm playing with 10. What do I have to do to play with 22 with their historical starting places ? I also have a build in earth map - is it possible to start it with civ's historical starting places ?

15. JWideman

JWideman Warlord

TSL is True Start Locations. You'll have to manually enable that many civs. I'm not sure you're meant to though.

Wait, I'm wrong. You have to enable the scenario.

16. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Thanks for an answear JWideman ! Though I ticked "enable the scenario" and picked France I've started in South America :D Maybe it has something to do with me playing BNW DLC but it shouldn't be the case. I didn't tried to enable all 22 civ's that was supposed to be in that map so maybe that's the case. The map is called "The Greatest Earth Map" downloaded here from the CFC download section and it has TSL tag. So what do You think ? Should I manually enable the civ's that supposed to be on that map ?

Aha ! :D ... Now I've checked it's preciseley "Greatest_Earth_BNW.Civ5Map" - I've put the file in the main instalation/Assets/Maps folder ... hmm maybe I should put it in My games/Civ 5/maps folder for it to work but I think it's highly unprobable that's the case. I feel stumped :D

17. JWideman

JWideman Warlord

Well, I'm stumped. It's been literally years since I played custom maps, let alone a TSL map. Aren't there instructions in the thread for that map?

18. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Nevermind TSL (I can live without ;) ) ,

I wanted to ask about "unit supply" (not resources but the statistic You see in military overwiev window) . What will happen if i run out of it ? What exactly does unit supply do ? I use it for my units outside of my garrisons/borders or everywhere ?

Also is there any way of renaming units after them being promoted ?
    (I find it especially useful when designating air units like "tactical" , "level" - bombers or "sortie" , "sweeper" - fighters - that sort of thing. :) )

19. Acepox

Acepox Chieftain

It's probably been answered an infinite number of times, but I couldn't find any good answers so, how do you play multiplayer/online with mods?

20. Seti_PL

Seti_PL Chieftain

Does Clausewitz's Legacy work for air units? I see additional information about temporary bonus in combat info popup, but calculated damage remains the same. Is there any known bug?