1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Janig

Janig Chieftain

it may have only been under construction. wonders appear on the map when theyre under construction, even if they have not been completed yet. if you capped the city the construction would be halted and it would disappear

2. Nostradam

Nostradam Chieftain

Maybe I'm missing something but I have a stupid question. How do you siege a city with a trebuchet? I try to do a ranged attack with it, but all it does is move to the hex next to it to attack, but gets destroyed the next turn by 1 city attack...

3. dfn

dfn Chieftain

Where can I find the cost to maintain a particular unit, and is the cost different if the unit is in my own territory vs. an enemy's, or on neutral ground?

4. Evalis

Evalis Chieftain

@Nostrodam: There is a special unit action in the left portion of the screen called 'set up for range'd attack. It requires 1 movement point to do, but is necessary if you wish to utilize it's ranged attack. If you don't click this first the trebuchet will try to melee the target.

5. Evalis

Evalis Chieftain

@the mongol there is no world builder that you can enter to cheat in game with. You can however turn off ancient ruins in the advanced setup portion of setup game.

6. Evalis

Evalis Chieftain

@meteorpunch Peace deals have a duration of 10 turns. You can check the deal history using the diplomatic relations button and clicking the 'deal history' tab located at the top to find out what turn you made the deal on. It's a somewhat clunky way to find out when it will expire, but it's there..

7. Dusk

Dusk Chieftain

There is no individual maintenance displayed anywhere, only for total units in the economics overview. Note that support and maintenance is not the same.

You can't.

8. valamas

valamas Chieftain

How can I quickly review the resources available without having to scroll around the whole map? For example how much sugar.

9. Dorlas

Dorlas Chieftain

if i trading resources and it shows me that i have 1 gems. Its only 1 gems for my civilization and if i trade it i have then 0? Or its 1 gems available for trading and still have for myself?

10. Dusk

Dusk Chieftain

You can't "quickly" do that. To determine your luxury resource surplus you will need to talk to individual civilizations to see the amount in the trade window.

It's 1 gem for your civilization. 2 means you have 1 to trade.

11. valamas

valamas Chieftain

Thanks. But the resource only shows if that civ wants/needs it. Let me put it another way. How do i know if I have a resource at all. Say i see sugar and dont know if I already have at least one. cheers

12. Asaris

Asaris Chieftain

Do railroads count for trade routes, or do I also have to have roads between my cities?

13. CivGeneral

CivGeneral Valkyrie Grand General

They count as trade routes

14. Hehehe

Hehehe Chieftain

Is it possible to remove maintenance for roads and railroads? And is there a feature like the world builder in civ 4 that allows you to remove the fog of war to look at the map?

15. Dusk

Dusk Chieftain

It's in the tooltip if you mouse-over the happiness icon in the top bar. You just can't see how many of each unless you trade with a civ (and they don't have the resource).

16. civ_12345

civ_12345 Chieftain

Funny thing happened on the late stages of the game. I was playing with production specialization (production/gold/culture/science) and for some reason science provided less unhappiness(decreased unhappiness by 2 or 3 by specializing in science in certain cities, not all)…have no answer for that

17. dcace1983

dcace1983 Chieftain

Hate to be a bumper but it's a pretty popular mod so surely someone knows what I am doing wrong that is preventing me from using this mod.

Thanks.

18. Dusk

Dusk Chieftain

Can you provide a save game where this happened and specify which city this was in? It could be a bug or something else. If you do upload a save game, remember to state if it's the normal version or digital deluxe version and which patch number you're using (It's shown at the bottom of the main menu screen).

I haven't played with mods in Civ V yet, but I think I read someone saying that you need to start the game from the mod overview and you can't load a saved game with new mods. You have to play a game with the same mods from start to finish as far as I can understand.

19. dcace1983

dcace1983 Chieftain

That is exactly what I did. :(

So still looking for an answer if anyone knows.

Also are achievements disabled when you start a game from the mod section? Would make sense if so.

Thanks.

20. pagh80

pagh80 Chieftain

question:
    Does marble not give a bonus to wonder production anymore?

I tried to sell it and it didnt change the time i made a wonder.