Quick Questions and Answers

If you're using OSX, then it should be Cmd + Shift + 3, but you can check system preferences and change it if you like. If you're using Windows 7, then I think it's FN + Shift + F11. The screenshot should go into the designated Civ5 folder.

Thanks, i switch to mac just few months ago :)

Is there any way to change the default focus on puppet-cities?
they seem to be always on gold focus no matter what (even if starving)

And one more:
What is the difference between "You will pay for this" and "Very well" / "I'm sorry it created a wedge between us" in the AI dialogue

The first one will obviously annoy the AI (I guess less than a nuke on their capitol :) ) but will the second one remedy some of the damage caused?

And one more:
What is the difference between "You will pay for this" and "Very well" / "I'm sorry it created a wedge between us" in the AI dialogue

The first one will obviously annoy the AI (I guess less than a nuke on their capitol :) ) but will the second one remedy some of the damage caused?

I do not know. But my experience tells me it does not matter which response you choose. (It matters very little what I do... if I try to win they will hate me and try to attack me eventually, no matter what our previous history or alliances.)

And the only way to affect what puppet states do is by choosing what improvement to lay down for them to use... afaik.

Which mod packs are the best? I notice some have coded city names, Sweden, and others have the wrong ruler when you visit them. Is this normal with the mods? Thanks for the welcome!

Does air sweep destroy enemy fighters which are not set to intercept?

I air swept a city which I know has an enemy fighter. The sweep said no resistance met yet on the next turn the enemy fighter sank one of my subs.

It does not. An air sweep eliminates any potential interception for follow-up air strikes and nothing else. Best way to keep fighters off your units is to have some of your own set as interceptors (or take the city faster).

Is there any way to change the default focus on puppet-cities?
they seem to be always on gold focus no matter what (even if starving)

No. Puppets always have gold focus. If your empire is unhappy, non-food focus cities often choose to starve instead of grow very slowly. It's annoying, but it's better than them building all sorts of barracks, armories, and other worthless buildings that drain your economy like they used to!

And one more:

My gut feeling, with little basis from the source files, is that "you will pay for this" gives you a bigger negative hit than "I'm sorry", but both are negative. Not scientific, but it seems to hold up.

Is the mod browser down for everybody or just me? I haven't been able to see anything new since the 24th.

Which mod packs are the best? I notice some have coded city names, Sweden, and others have the wrong ruler when you visit them. Is this normal with the mods? Thanks for the welcome!

I personally haven't played any mods yet... I'm still trying to get used to the regular game... which changes drastically every couple weeks due to patches. :p

But you might look here for some tips on mods for Civ V:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412421

What happens if all types of victory besides science and culture are disabled and you conquer all the AIs (and CS)? Will the game continue until you build Utopia/Space ship?

(guess I can find it myself but I would have to invest some time on chieftain)

What happens if all types of victory besides science and culture are disabled and you conquer all the AIs (and CS)? Will the game continue until you build Utopia/Space ship?

(guess I can find it myself but I would have to invest some time on chieftain)
I've actually been meaning to try that recently. I haven't gotten around to it, and I would play on settler to find out.

Where are the paches located? Once again, new. Thanks for the help.

Patches are downloaded automatically via Steam. You don't have to go to a specific location to find and download them.

Not only that, but they can ONLY be dowloaded from Steam. Can't even get them from Firaxis or the usual gaming sites.

But unless you DISABLE the auto-update function on your Steam account, you will automatically get updated to 1.02.221 which is the present latest patch. Its the NINTH such patch since game release, btw.:rolleyes:

Not only that, but they can ONLY be dowloaded from Steam. Can't even get them from Firaxis or the usual gaming sites.

But unless you DISABLE the auto-update function on your Steam account, you will automatically get updated to 1.02.221 which is the present latest patch. Its the NINTH such patch since game release, btw.:rolleyes:

Nice! Anyone have runtime error issues with mods? It was working fine for a few days but now I can't load the game(mod ed) without it crashing:mad:

Top Bottom