Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. erkanus

erkanus Chieftain

I wonder about this too. I am not quite sure but I think just one building is enough. but the trigger is something like %5 every turn, so it may net trigger for a long time. One time it took me more than 50 turns until quest desicion of the clinic building triggered after I finished it in my capital.

One more example, I am playing as Barre who receives Old Earth Relic building from the beginning in every city. It has been more than 100 turns and the OER quest is still hanging out there waiting to be triggered :S

I wonder if every other copy of a building in each city improves chances of triggering the quests?

2. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

The fence quest choice is global and protects all trade units even if you only build one fence. However from what I've seen looking at the lua script, more copies of a building does increase the chance of getting the quest.

3. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

I'm wondering that too. It's the same system as civ 5 so if it is known the answer is probably around somewhere.

EDIT: Found something
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170194443
    It's for Civ5:BNW but I think it still works mostly the same. For units at least, cities I think are different.

4. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Warlord

I've had the fence pop up as early as 3-4 turns after building it, sometimes it's been 25 or more.

This needs to get fixed to be consistent with pop up interval, protected transports is VERY important is some situations as is 3 hex alien protection.

ie: The only reason you built the stupid fence is because you actually need 1 or the other urgently.

5. keldaur

keldaur Chieftain

Is there a "what virtue path do you follow on apollo post patch?" poll ?

I am wondering, since i am basically getting prosperity first every single time for the first colonist, followed by either might (if i want to just kill my neighbour) or knowledge. I am wondering how people implement industry on their playthroughs or which one is more popular.

6. JohnYoga

JohnYoga Prince

Folks,

Before the sale runs out: Can you play mods in multiplayer or not?

The advertisement said that you can, which would be the main reason why I would buy it. But, I did read that you can't! So, which one is it?

Thank you!

Marc

7. lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek Warlord

There is not "out-of-the-box" multiplayer modding in BE. Developments in this will need to be made at a later date.

Quick Question:

Is the mac/linux versions of the game up to date to the fall patch?

I'm getting a lot of feedback reports for my mod that have to do with version compatibility and I'm having trouble determining whether it's mac/linux users or just pirates.

8. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Is it easier to play wide in this game than in Civ V?

9. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

Sort of. There at least is less reason to restrict yourself to going tall. The penalties for unhealthyness are more gradual than unhappiness. Also trade routes are per city so that makes new cities usually worth it. However the only global health you get is from virtues. Even wonders are local health. And unhealth per city is 4
    One other wrinkle is population unhealth is 0.75 each, instead of 1. That means each point or local health is actually an extra +0.25 health. That means a city of 16 population and health is actually health neutral. So building up cities will allow you to gain back health to use for new cities.

So yes it is easier to go wide, but there is also less reason to keep cities small. It seems like your supposed to grow as the situation dictates rather than picking wide or tall and sticking to that decision.

10. liv

liv Emperor

Easier to go wide in BE for sure. And also makes more sense as with very few percentage buildings for science you are so much better off trying to build more cities. Smaller cities benefit you capital and it is a win win that way

11. snsr

snsr Chieftain

Is there a keyboard shortcut or UI button to hide the 'person' icons that indicate whether an individual hex is currently being worked or not? I was able to hide these in Civ V but I can't seem to find the toggle in Civ:BE.

Thanks in advance!

12. droberts97470

droberts97470 Warlord

Does BNW work on MAC?

13. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Do you mean Civilization: Beyond Earth or the BNW expansion to Civ V? The answer is yes, to both -- see the Mac subforums in both the Civ: BE and the Civ V forums.

14. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

I'm having an issue with aliens very early in the game. I'm only after researching the pioneering technology, and a siege worm invades my only city, wrecking my improvements and only worker. What do (or did) I do? I didn't attack the aliens, and my only unit--an explorer- was nowhere near the aliens when they attacked...

15. wayneb64

wayneb64 Prince

Consider the worms as random forces of nature. You can only get your Ultrasonic Fences up to protect your cities. They should be a priority anyway as the quest bonus to protect your trade routes is invaluable.

16. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

I only had enough time to research one technology though. Does this mean I should choose to start with the first technology and rush the fence (pun intended). By the way, the worms don't seem to be random; every time I reload, it attacks my worker in the same spot on the same turn.

17. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

18. wayneb64

wayneb64 Prince

My normal start tech wise is to get the tech to see where titanium is first (Engineering). I then may grab another tech or two in the first ring before getting Pioneering as the stations don't start showing up that soon. Getting a worm in your face before that is a 'bad roll', but it's pretty quick to repair things once it leaves. If it doesn't leave I would just re-roll at that point.

19. khanasaurus

khanasaurus Chieftain

Hey dudes.
    Does anyone know how arrays and domes work in the sense of +1 city orbital coverage and +10 city hit points?

It seems to me it could either provide one for each improvement within the 3 tile radius or one if the city has said improvement in its radius

Thanks

20. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

Arrays give the +1 coverage as long as it is in the workable radius. You don't have to actually work the tile. They do add up so having more than one does help.
    Domestic add up too.