Quick Questions and Answers

Is there a maintenance cost for units whom have been sent to earth via gate for the emancipation Vic?

Is this one of those games that wants to force you to use Steam even if you buy a physical copy? I don't want to waste my money on it just to find out I have to install third party software that I don't want anywhere near my computer in order to play a game I legally purchased.

Is this one of those games that wants to force you to use Steam even if you buy a physical copy? I don't want to waste my money on it just to find out I have to install third party software that I don't want anywhere near my computer in order to play a game I legally purchased.

Unfortunately yes, but the update and DLC content all come through Steam so you have to install it and deal with it. You can just exit Steam after playing the game so it doesn't have to stink up your computer all the time. You also can generally play the game without an internet connection IF you have one periodically to get updates.

Hello to everyone. I'm searching present day world mod. I want play with Turkey, India, Russia vs. vs. Help me please. :)

I'm new to the game (latest patch btw). I found out through trial and error that strategic resources aren't mined every turn like normal ones, but seem to come in a "one shot deal" where their quantity is mined only once. However, in various attempts of playing around, by building another improvement on the strategic resource (firaxite for instance) and then cancelling before complete and rebuilding the strategic resource mine, it seems I can get a "one time shot" of the resource again.

It hasn't always been successful. For instance in one series of attempts where I did this across my empire my firaxite went negative. But I think I know what I did wrong in that case, and in most attempts it seems to work.

This does seem like a bizarre way to get resources, however, and I've wondered if I've simply stumbled upon a bug and am exploiting said bug inadvertently, or if there is some better way at getting these resources and I'm simply doing it wrong. Off the top of my head I doubt that I found a bug, because what I'm doing would be the first thing that legions of "bug exploiters" would have thought of, and knowledge of this should have been out there long ago.

Questions:

1) What is the intended mechanic for these strategic resources? One shot deal? Multiple shot deal? Etc.

2) If one shot, then have I found a bug?

3) If multiple shot, am I doing it correctly or is there a better way?

Thanks.

Let's take a floatstone-7-tile as an example. You have access to these 7 floatstone as long as the following two conditions are met:
(1) You own the tile
(2) It is improved with a (completed, not plundered) floatstone quarry

In other words you get the 7 floatstone when you complete the quarry, you keep them as long as both conditions are met and you lose them again if (1) or (2) are not true anymore. All units or buildings that require floatstone require you to have it while you build them. As long as the unit / building exists their floaststone cost is deducted from your total floatstone - if you lose access to (some) floatstone you can even go negative.

It is a one shot deal.
Are you saying you can get 4 firaxite out of a 2 firaxite resource by doing what you are doing? In that case it would be a bug
I have to try that :)

It is a one shot deal.
Are you saying you can get 4 firaxite out of a 2 firaxite resource by doing what you are doing? In that case it would be a bug
I have to try that :)

Basically infinite firaxite out of a 2 firaxite resource by doing that over and over again, but I find it hard to believe someone else hasn't tried it yet with as many people who play this game.

Top Bottom