Quick Questions and Answers

Quest choices can increase affinity (the multi symbols quest). Also excavating artifact site can give you a free affinity level. When picking up that first affinity make sure it a useful one. You do not have to always go X because that resource is next to you. Explorer a bit and you may find a good city site.

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civbe_overview.html

Hit Print Screen. A screen shot will be saved to your Civ BE Screenshots folder (path should be something like C:\Users\Home\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\screenshots).

Screenshot will be in .tga format; just save as .jpg or .png with an image editor (I prefer IrfanView).

Can you cancel unit upgrades for later when you have higher affinity? If so, how do you do this?

Wow, I figured it out myself that has to be the most counter intuitive junk I've seen in the game. You have to select an upgrade. Then you are given the option to ignore.

Those two buildings that 'add one point per turn toward transcendance victory' (under alien ethics if I remember correctly , don't have the game with me currently) , what do they actually do ?

Do they give you points toward harmony affinity levels ? if so , what does 1 pt represent ? How much would be the reward for a quest by comparison ?
I can see a gauje slowly filling but I can't find any numbers related to it.

Did somebody figure out the math ?

Those two buildings that 'add one point per turn toward transcendance victory' (under alien ethics if I remember correctly , don't have the game with me currently) , what do they actually do ?

Do they give you points toward harmony affinity levels ? if so , what does 1 pt represent ? How much would be the reward for a quest by comparison ?
I can see a gauje slowly filling but I can't find any numbers related to it.

Did somebody figure out the math ?

I'm also unsure about the extent on what these two buildings do.
The buildings are Xeno sanctuary and Mind stem. They do not give you points towards harmony, but towards your transcendence victory(one point each it says on the tool tip).
First you have to research 3 techs to unlock the Mind Flower. Which is like a wonder you have to build in a city(takes a long time to construct it). I've played twice towards transcendence and it seems like every sanctuary and mind stem you have shorten the build time by 1 turn(tho im not 100% sure about this).
However when you have built the Mind Flower, you start the last phase of the transcendence victory which was for me 20 turns at first. At this point the sanctuary and mind stem seems to shorten the phase by 2 turns at max, one turn each(so each extra sanctuary or mind stem doesn't shorten it anymore, seems like their bonus become unique and doesn't stack). I have to put a disclaimer at the end as I have limited of games to draw my post about!

Hopefully someone can clarify the exact mechanics, as I was scratching my head about those buildings!

Can harmony faction trade units pass thru miasma ?
I see there is no information about it so I presume they can't...?

Can harmony faction trade units pass thru miasma ?
I see there is no information about it so I presume they can't...?

When you hover over the trade route when you're setting it up - it blocks out all the tiles with miasma in red so I'm assuming no. After you get Alien Hybridization this will probably go away since you'll have miasma immunity - will see in a sec :)

Having trouble with Air units. There seems to be an option called Air Sweep but I can't ever get any air unit to do anything with it. The option shows a red region when selected but I can't click anywhere. Is there no recon option for air anymore?

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Operations_(CivBE)

QUOTE=Mustakrakish;13523107]Whaaaaaaaaat? Can that happen? What the hell...

Yes, just going along nicely turn 326, next thing my main city and area becomes purple, with a pop up-

"Pan Asians have taken your city Freeland in a coup'de"tat" -I never saw that coming, sneaky devils:)
I found the above link to learn more.

Coups can only happen when your city's intrigue level is at 5. Keeping the intrigue level down will prevent it.

I haven't bought a DVD version of a Steam game, so I might be wrong, but I think you always have to run the Steam client program, either directly by opening the Steam program or indirectly by double-clicking the game icon (and then Steam opens automatically). What you might be thinking about is that you can run games through Steam in offline mode, meaning you don't have to go through the Steam servers.

Yes the highlighted in red is what I'd like info on.

JosEPh

Yes the highlighted in red is what I'd like info on.

JosEPh

Once you buy the game on Steam, you need to run the game once while connected to Steam. After that, as long as the computer you want to play on was the last computer you logged on through the Steam client with you can run the game in Steam's offline mode. If you aren't connected to the Internet Steam will ask if you want to conext in offline mode and doesn't require a connection. You still need the Steam client of course. Also, make sure your Steam client is up to date, if it detected a new version while you were still connected but it didn't update you won't be able to run in offline mode until it updates the client.

How do I go about building an Emancipation Gate? I have level 14 in Supremacy and I have hypercomputing researched. Are there any other pre-requisites?

Once you buy the game on Steam, you need to run the game once while connected to Steam. After that, as long as the computer you want to play on was the last computer you logged on through the Steam client with you can run the game in Steam's offline mode. If you aren't connected to the Internet Steam will ask if you want to conext in offline mode and doesn't require a connection. You still need the Steam client of course. Also, make sure your Steam client is up to date, if it detected a new version while you were still connected but it didn't update you won't be able to run in offline mode until it updates the client.

That explains what happens to me, from now on I'll leave steam closed except when I need it, several times I've lost my internet connection and not been able to play games and nobody on steam could ever explain why, thanks for mentioning that. I find steam ok for most things, but stuff like that is designed to drive me crazy (like it updates almost every day it seems like).

How do I go about building an Emancipation Gate? I have level 14 in Supremacy and I have hypercomputing researched. Are there any other pre-requisites?
Did you research Orbital Networks yet? You need it to build a Lasercom Satellite which is required to establish contact with earth before you can build the gate and feed your troops into it.

In addition to what ToothedBomb suggested, click the button for your Quests. Click the Victories tab towards the top, then click on Emancipation. Click for any unchecked items there.

Does the Mind Flower change your relationship status with aliens? After completing it in my last game, all the aliens I had a green status with suddenly turned red and a "hostile aliens have appeared!" notification popped up on screen.
As a side note, I had refrained from attacking an alien all game.

Does anyone know why the intel reports are suddenly not showing up at all, even though i have networks established?

I cant perform rank 4 covert ops either even though the city is clearly at rank 4 intrigue...

Attachments

• beyond earth.jpg
    beyond earth.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 419
I noticed that computer players land a few turns after I land. Is it due to diffculty level? The easier levels get me more turns head start?

Top Bottom