Quick Questions and Answers

All victory conditions explained in detail can be found here.

Okay. So I've held back on buying it. Anyone who has the game, is it worth purchasing right now? Or should I wait until it gets better?
That depends on how picky you are. The game is very similair to Civ V, and has many of the same problems. It play quite a bit different though, and the theme is also different obviously. Some rebalancing needs to be done, but there's no horrible game-breaking glitches that I know of right now. I'd recommend it. Can never hurt to wait for the price to come down though.

RE: victories - a hidden requirement to be aware of is that building a Lasercom Satellite requires 2 Petroleum and 1 Titanium, so you'll need to secure them beforehand.

Is the only way to move a satellite to delete the unit? I received a solar collector from a pod, launched it for some free money but now I have a miasma remover and I have a bunch of miasma around but my solar collector has like 40 turns left.

No way to move it - the idea is that you're meant to carefully plan your placement. Unless it's a Rocktopus.

Affinities question. I keep making decisions in quests and doing other actions which have the +Harmony next to them but the game doesn't seem to show any effect of this anywhere. Are these decisions really affecting anything or just an inconsequential lore feature?

These options progress the multi-step quest down a particular path. So if at step 1 you select Purity & Supremacy, you'll go down path A, but if you select Harmony, you'll go down path B.

Okay. So I've held back on buying it. Anyone who has the game, is it worth purchasing right now? Or should I wait until it gets better?

Moderator Action: This isn't the appropriate thread for this question or a discussion of it. If creating a thread on the topic, you'll also have to be asking something more specific than 'should I buy it', which no-one can usefully answer for you.

Can anyone list out the entire sequence of actions required for each victory? I know the first ones:

Domination:
Conquer everyone else's capital (I know this is the only quest in this victory)

Locate the Signal
???

Transcendence:
Research Nanotechnology, Transgenics and Swarm Robotics
??? (probably build Mind Flower, but then how many transcendence points are required for victory?)

Emancipation:
Build Lasercom Satellite
??? (build emancipation gate? But then what, how many troops required for victory?)

Promised Land:
Build Lasercom Satellite
??? (build exodus gate? But then, how often do units come through the portal?)

Domination: You probably need to also posses your original capital (just like Civ V)

Contact: The wiki is a post after yours before mine lists some of the requirements, but the very last step according to the manual is once that's done it uses your surplus energy each turn, so be sure towards the end to do things to max out energy production.

Transcendence: The manual says that's based on accumulating hammers at the end, so get those production buildings up at the end.

Emancipation: The manual says that's based on combat melee strength of the units you pass in and NOT the raw number of units.

Promised Land: That's 20, but you can stack up to 6 in the same tile so you only need 4 new cities. The same distance requirements apply.

Is there a pattern to when you receive building quests, or is it a random number of turns after the building is completed?

I seem to always get the building quests the first time I finish that building. Although I'm not exactly sure.

----

And then my question to the experts in the thread:

So what exactly is the benefit of turning aliens to blue besides having safe sea passage for my units?

1. I have to be careful not to walk over their nests, else they turn back to green.
2. Nests means no Xenomass Well, meaning -3 food and everything else that goes with the Well.
3. I can't walk through them, can't switch places with them.

Right now they just obstruct my workers and colonists. The place is absolutely packed with these bums: http://imgur.com/obNiJ0u

Ok, can someone answer these?

1. I have no idea what is going on with those exoplanet pack maps. What is the purpose of say "kepler"? I still can modify everything, whether there's continents or pangeia or islands... choose biome, well everything, how is it different?

2. Just started a game on "Taigan", not sure if exoplanet pack map, but thee's no ruins or pods or anything. How come? What did I do? I didn't choose any settings that would close off that.

Hi all,
When a city finishes building something and you are prompted to choose something new, is there a way to see what has just been built (like in Civ V); I don't always remember, and it would help me choose the next thing to construct... Thanks!

How does my explorer get more excavation things? I dug up some bones and found another set, but the explorer can't dig this set up. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send your explorer back to a city (into the city center tile) and it will reload its explorer pack(s).

Am missing a popup saying which buildings i built last, as i know many other are as well. But is it possible to see somewhere at all what building you last built? Was hoping the notification log would show it, but it doesn't look like it, anyone know?

how do i que up 2 or more items to build in the city, ive tried several buttons but have missed the right one it seems

Am missing a popup saying which buildings i built last, as i know many other are as well. But is it possible to see somewhere at all what building you last built? Was hoping the notification log would show it, but it doesn't look like it, anyone know?

Nope, there is nowhere to find it. You just have to remember.

How do I adjust the amount of strategic resources I'm offering in the diplomacy trading screen? There is no obvious +/- like in Civ5.

how do i que up 2 or more items to build in the city, ive tried several buttons but have missed the right one it seems

Click the city name to get up the city screen, in the lower right corner there is a production queue checkbox you need to click, and then from the upper right corner you can add buildings/units to the queue.

How do I adjust the amount of strategic resources I'm offering in the diplomacy trading screen? There is no obvious +/- like in Civ5.

You just click inside the numberbox, and adjust with the keyboard, backspace to remove numbers.

1. Enter City screen
2. Look to the bottom row of the City screen, where it says:

bad UI design said:
[ ] ACTIVATE_________________________________________________Production Queue

3. Tick the "ACTIVATE" box
4. Now you can queue multiple items in all your cities.

You just click inside the numberbox, and adjust with the keyboard, backspace to remove numbers.

It's not working for me. Every time I click inside the box it dismisses the offer. I've tried it by the number, the name of the resource, and in between.

Where does my health goes? I build and I build it, but nope, what am I missing? I build something that supposed to give 3 health and my health rises only by 1. If it's all city based and so depends on city population like with some happiness buildings in civ 5, then how do I offset unhealthiness from number of cities and other stuff that doesn't come from population? Building biowells seems to grant 1 health, but it doesn't register anywhere? Tooltip only says from cities, virtues, and difficulty level.

It's not working for me. Every time I click inside the box it dismisses the offer. I've tried it by the number, the name of the resource, and in between.
I figured it out. The box with the number has a very small hot spot. Also, once clicked the number doesn't highlight or spawn a cursor, either of which would be welcomed by my old eyes.

Trade Routes: Is there any indicator of how many trade routes you have available? In CivV this showed on the top bar (1/2) but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It isn't even listed in the Trade Route Overview page.

Top Bottom