Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Help me understand Conquistadors. As a knight replacement, they start off being used to crush any opposition. Once they get to Astronomy, they are finally allowed to cross an ocean and settle new cities, but not before then?

It just has to be off the continent from your capital, so you could settle any islands that are reachable on coast

If you capture holy cities, what becomes of the major religion if I was getting gold bonus from spreading?

It gave me three missionaries after capturing the holy city and it spread the secondary religion, not my major.

If you capture holy cities, what becomes of the major religion if I was getting gold bonus from spreading?

It gave me three missionaries after capturing the holy city and it spread the secondary religion, not my major.
Missionaries always spread the major religion in the city they were born in. Great Prophets spread the official religion of the empire. Is that not working this way?

Not to mention the UnitPanel of the Missionary should tell you what religion they're of, anyway.

How did you get the missionaries? Did you capture them from the enemy? Missionaries don’t convert when captured. Also, you can see what religion they are on the unit status.

How is the gold income from diplomatic missions added? Is it to the capital, to the city that built the diplo unit, or is it just on empire?

If I want to vassel a nation and his own vassel, do I have to tear down the vassel first till he capitulate, or do I have to attack the master first and then the vassel.

If I want to vassel a nation and his own vassel, do I have to tear down the vassel first till he capitulate, or do I have to attack the master first and then the vassel.
You can't vassalize someone who has a vassal, and you can't vassalize someone who is a vassal.

How did you get the missionaries? Did you capture them from the enemy? Missionaries don’t convert when captured. Also, you can see what religion they are on the unit status.
Yes, I captured them. I forgot to check unit status, I understand that now. So, what do you do when you have multiple holy cities with hundreds of followers of each religion?
I am only receiving belief bonus; i. e. Holy Law from the first major and the other religions are just subtracting from it?

Last edited:
You can't vassalize someone who has a vassal, and you can't vassalize someone who is a vassal.
How to unvassel? Beat the master and liberate as peace deal? At the moment, iam attacking both at same time, I want to conquer only as few cities as possible to vassel with one war.

Missionaries always spread the major religion in the city they were born in. Great Prophets spread the official religion of the empire. Is that not working this way?
Yes, it is still functioning as that. I just am confused as to how the multiple religions affect "belief" bonuses. I became confused when I had captured the missionaries, should I had disbanded them since they spread one of the secondary religions?

Last edited:
How to unvassel? Beat the master and liberate as peace deal? At the moment, iam attacking both at same time, I want to conquer only as few cities as possible to vassel with one war.
I don't recall whether liberation is available in a peace deal, but if it is, then sure. Otherwise, either the master would need to be weakened enough for the vassal to break free on its own, or you'd have to completely eliminate one or the other.

How is the gold income from diplomatic missions added? Is it to the capital, to the city that built the diplo unit, or is it just on empire?

Its not 1 gpt, its literally 1 gold. It works that way because the action is tied to the Great Merchant mechanic.

Yes, it is still functioning as that. I just am confused as to how the multiple religions affect "belief" bonuses. I became confused when I had captured the missionaries, should I had disbanded them since they spread one of the secondary religions?
Your call. Sometimes it's ok to spread secondary religions if you can build another religious building, and purge it later. Otherwise, yes, disband.

Its not 1 gpt, its literally 1 gold. It works that way because the action is tied to the Great Merchant mechanic.
I'm pretty sure it's gold income. The gold counter on the top goes up every time you do a diplo mission. Why even bother with a 1g one-time yield?

I tested it and it's not on the capital, so it must be on empire

It's a one-time yield from a hardcoded feature.

I'm pretty sure it's gold income. The gold counter on the top goes up every time you do a diplo mission. Why even bother with a 1g one-time yield?

I tested it and it's not on the capital, so it must be on empire

Because you're no longer paying maintenance on the diplomatic unit that ceases to exist. And again, it only exists because gold can't be removed completely from the Great Merchant mechanic.

if you without (having a religion) build the hagia sophia in a game where all religions are already founded, can the prophet later spread your majority religion after you adopt one? or can you only use it as a great improvement tile?

Top Bottom