Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Not sure if this has been answered before. Is there a simple way to change default starting locations for civs? Like making Siam start in Jungle/forest, and India in grassland/plains?

You can update it using SQL. I did it in a few places in the CBO, look for it in the Leaders folder.

G

does sharing open borders with an AI guarantee they won't initiate a war with you until the deal runs out?

i've seen relationships sour during sharing, i've been denounced, i've declared war, but right now I cannot recall an AI declaring on me while sharing (outside of an insult event perhaps). No matter how bad things get i always feel safe from attack so long as an OB deal is ongoing, and even when they denounce me that doesnt stop our OB

does sharing open borders with an AI guarantee they won't initiate a war with you until the deal runs out?

i've seen relationships sour during sharing, i've been denounced, i've declared war, but right now I cannot recall an AI declaring on me while sharing (outside of an insult event perhaps). No matter how bad things get i always feel safe from attack so long as an OB deal is ongoing, and even when they denounce me that doesnt stop our OB

Nope, but the AI is encouraged to be somewhat faithful to deals.

G

Apologies for repeating my previously unanswered question, but here I go again:

Is there a way to check fortification bonus of my and AI's units? Hovering over units doesn't give any info on it.

Apologies for repeating my previously unanswered question, but here I go again:

Is there a way to check fortification bonus of my and AI's units? Hovering over units doesn't give any info on it.

fortification is applied if the unit icon is in shape of a shield instead of a circle.

Spoiler :

1.jpg

You can update it using SQL. I did it in a few places in the CBO, look for it in the Leaders folder.

G
I've found this:

UPDATE Civilization_Start_Region_Priority
SET RegionType = 'REGION_JUNGLE'
WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_MAYA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LEADERS' AND Value= 1 );

and this:

DELETE FROM Civilization_Start_Region_Priority
WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LEADERS' AND Value= 1 );

If I must guess, Delete removes all entries about CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA, so it has no start bias anymore. SET RegionType adds this type of region to CivilizationType. Does this mean that without any entries all start regions are available, and when there is a set region, only this region is considered for start bias?

If, for example, I want India to have any starting bias but jungle, should I add all starting regions but this one? Where can I find the names of the other regions? I could guess REGION_FOREST, but the others? COASTAL, HILL, TUNDRA, DESERT, PLAINS, GRASSLAND, RIVER?

How do I play latest patch with friends on co-op? (3 of us vs AI), is that even possible?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-and-43-civ-version-repository.609278/page-15

Go at the end of the thread and download the last version of the modpack.
Everybody should go into its DLC folder delete (or cut-paste elsewhere) the ui_bc1 folder (if it exists) and put the modpack in the DLC folder.
Then, lauch a multiplayer game (do not enable any mod).
Select the teams. You may want to increase the number of allower AIs (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/multiplayer-where-to-change-the-ai-limit.631535/)
You do not need to make balanced teams.

Known issues:
+ The AI does not fully understand the concept of team, and may backstab by mistake.
+ The increase of tech cost trough number of cities is a litlle bugged.
+ The tenet "a great leap forward" from Order is OP for teams.
+ Usual desync due to multiplayer.

But it is playable.

I advise you to play with the "pitboss" option. It prevents the AI to take your place if you crash/quit.
Have fun !

If, for example, I want India to have any starting bias but jungle, should I add all starting regions but this one? Where can I find the names of the other regions?

Vanilla has documented this all very nicely for you, go to install folder Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations and open Civ5Civilizations. use find function to search for "_start" in the document and check every entry until the end, they wrote out some important notes for you.

I'm not checking the forums regularly and usually only update VP every few months. If I want to see what has changed since then, do I have to check each individual thread or are all the changelogs being collected somewhere?

I've found this:

UPDATE Civilization_Start_Region_Priority
SET RegionType = 'REGION_JUNGLE'
WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_MAYA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LEADERS' AND Value= 1 );

and this:

WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LEADERS' AND Value= 1 );

If I must guess, Delete removes all entries about CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA, so it has no start bias anymore. SET RegionType adds this type of region to CivilizationType. Does this mean that without any entries all start regions are available, and when there is a set region, only this region is considered for start bias?

If, for example, I want India to have any starting bias but jungle, should I add all starting regions but this one? Where can I find the names of the other regions? I could guess REGION_FOREST, but the others? COASTAL, HILL, TUNDRA, DESERT, PLAINS, GRASSLAND, RIVER?
Vanilla has documented this all very nicely for you, go to install folder Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations and open Civ5Civilizations. use find function to search for "_start" in the document and check every entry until the end, they wrote out some important notes for you.
In the LeaderPersonalities.sql file, it looks like India currently has no start bias:
Code:
WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_INDIA';
If you wanted India to avoid REGION_FOREST, then you'd add:
Code:
INSERT INTO Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid
(CivilizationType, RegionType)
VALUES
('CIVILIZATION_INDIA', 'REGION_JUNGLE');

Why are there changes in files like VanillaLeaderChanges.sql? eg
Code:
What does this do that an addition to LeaderPersonalities.sql doesn't:
Code:
-- insert under DELETE FROM Civilization_Start_Region_Priority
WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA',

Is this just an example of fragmented code?

I'm not checking the forums regularly and usually only update VP every few months. If I want to see what has changed since then, do I have to check each individual thread or are all the changelogs being collected somewhere?

i name every new thread the same way. You can also sort by tag (I use Vox Populi as a tag for all version posts).

G

Top Bottom