Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Bump :)
I know it's a defensive bonus own your territory. It's calculated by how many capitols the warmonger is holding right? What are the numbers? Are there any other factors?

Each time you capture a city, you gain warmonger score, depending on the economic value of the city (so a capital is worth more than a crappy city, but no special rules for capitals).
The score is 80% of this value is you are defending in the war.

The warmonger score is then used to compute your warmonger penalty (linear funciton). And then:
+ The square of the difficulty level give a maximum (any penalty above is ignored)
+ The penalty is a % of Combat strength to your ennemies while being in their territory, halved in neutral territory, and no bonus in your territory.
=> It helps to defend against warmonger, not to attack them.

Each time you capture a city, you gain warmonger score, depending on the economic value of the city (so a capital is worth more than a crappy city, but no special rules for capitals).
The score is 80% of this value is you are defending in the war.

The warmonger score is then used to compute your warmonger penalty (linear funciton). And then:
+ The square of the difficulty level give a maximum (any penalty above is ignored)
+ The penalty is a % of Combat strength to your ennemies while being in their territory, halved in neutral territory, and no bonus in your territory.
=> It helps to defend against warmonger, not to attack them.
Thanks for detailed explanation!
So on Emperor the limit is 36%?
What if 2 fighting civs have the same warmonger score? Does the bonus for defender still apply?

Thanks for detailed explanation!
So on Emperor the limit is 36%?
What if 2 fighting civs have the same warmonger score? Does the bonus for defender still apply?
1) It should (Though I'm not 100% sure about the formula).
2) Up to my knownledge, the bonus still apply.

Do railroad connections no longer give production bonuses? The civilopedia says they do but I don't see any bonuses on my cities...

Do railroad connections no longer give production bonuses? The civilopedia says they do but I don't see any bonuses on my cities...

They don't. The building "train station" however, which requires a railroad connection, gives a production bonus (That's where that bonus went).

Embassy has some yields
Any discussion on letting worker go automated for the whole game?
That reminds me: Is there a way to change priorities of automated workers, so they repair and improve resources first and build railroads second?

Any discussion on letting worker go automated for the whole game?
I notice that worker seem to make roads as short as possible as well as improving only what is currently researched without considering a tech that's coming up like lets say villages. They will make a mine and tear it down to build a village. Given whats said, does it make automated workers more efficient still? I remember reading something about vox populi worker has a solid build order.

I got a game with Siam and Carthage. They got a defensive pact with each other. Siam declares on me, yet the defensive pact is still active. Aren't pacts supposed to be dissolved when either member declares war? Or did I miss a change in the past?

Thanks!

I got a game with Siam and Carthage. They got a defensive pact with each other. Siam declares on me, yet the defensive pact is still active. Aren't pacts supposed to be dissolved when either member declares war? Or did I miss a change in the past?

Thanks!
No, the defense pact expires when the ally is forced to fulfill the agreement. If you had declared war on Siam, and Carthage had joined, then it would have caused the pact to expire.
In your current situation, Carthage is not forced to join the war, since it was Siam who attacked, but the pact stands.

Last edited:
No, the defense pact expires when the ally is forced to fulfill the agreement. If you had declared war on Siam, and Carthage had joined, then it would have caused the pact to expire.
In your current situation, Carthage is not forced to join the war, since it was Siam who attacked, but the pact stands.
Thanks for the clarification.

Both the Civilopedia entry and the tooltip are relics from the un-modded game, then? I don't know how modding works, but is this an oversight (then I'll open a ticket), or is it just not possible to change the texts?

Both the Civilopedia entry and the tooltip are relics from the un-modded game, then? I don't know how modding works, but is this an oversight (then I'll open a ticket), or is it just not possible to change the texts?

That's a relic, not from unmodded game, but from an earlier VP version where this was true.

Using 4-5 version:

Is Neuschwanstein still designed to give +1 gold / culture / happiness for castles?
If so, it should be also true for Spain's mission, right?

I am asking because I have built this wonder as Spain and can see the extra happiness icon on city screen's building list. However it does not have any effect when checking the local happiness or my empire happiness.
In other words: even if I built this wonder and have 13 mission my happiness did not changed.

Possible bug?

To bypass this issue: is it possible to change the mission description in the sql files to give them +1 happiness?

Thank you.

We have a thread in general balance for any tooltip issues people find

That's a relic, not from unmodded game, but from an earlier VP version where this was true.
I still did not quite get it. Does the defensive pact get cancelled when someone declares war on any of the pacting players? Or does it stay?

Top Bottom