Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I have noticed a tiny annoyance that I wonder if it can be fixed. With ranged units that can move after attacking you often end up with several units with movement points that you don't want to use. I typically do all my attacks first, then have to cycle back through to click "do nothing" on each unit. With different levels of promotions and unit types the button is often aligned in different locations. Would it be possible to tweak the interface so the "do nothing" option is always in the same position so you can click through them all faster? Maybe align it always to the far right? Or better yet is there a way of forcing an end to your turn even if units have unspent movement points?

I have noticed a tiny annoyance that I wonder if it can be fixed. With ranged units that can move after attacking you often end up with several units with movement points that you don't want to use. I typically do all my attacks first, then have to cycle back through to click "do nothing" on each unit. With different levels of promotions and unit types the button is often aligned in different locations. Would it be possible to tweak the interface so the "do nothing" option is always in the same position so you can click through them all faster? Maybe align it always to the far right? Or better yet is there a way of forcing an end to your turn even if units have unspent movement points?

Pressing the Spacebar might do the trick for you.

Civipedia page about Scientist says that scientist can immediately discover any available technology or start a golden age. Is it true? AFAIK a scientist grants a lump sum of science which doesn't guarantee the immediate discovery of a tech if the tech is "expensive". AFAIK scientist cannot start golden age either (it's the work of a great artist).

20180423011345_1.jpg

Civipedia page about Scientist says that scientist can immediately discover any available technology or start a golden age. Is it true? AFAIK a scientist grants a lump sum of science which doesn't guarantee the immediate discovery of a tech if the tech is "expensive". AFAIK scientist cannot start golden age either (it's the work of a great artist).

View attachment 494018
That's vanilla text.

I had several cases where I got a free military at size 8 on city capture, that seemed a bit weird.
Is it supposed to be like that or a bug?
I think it was version 4-5.

I had several cases where I got a free military at size 8 on city capture, that seemed a bit weird.
Is it supposed to be like that or a bug?
I think it was version 4-5.

In addition to the others: I don't think it should trigger on city capture, just city growth.

I'm not sure it's on growth, actually. I think it uses the logic "If a city has 8 * N population and it has not received the free Nth unit, then give it a free unit".

Ahh that makes sense, still it feels a bit op getting a free unit in the front lines from a city that havent gone out of resistance.

Will the AI being able to purchase units and move/attack on the same turn ever be fixed? :c5unhappy:

Is there any way to turn off the experience scaling with the game speed? (or set the scaling for epic to the standard one) I looked through many files, but could not find any reference.

Bump :)
I know it's a defensive bonus own your territory. It's calculated by how many capitols the warmonger is holding right? What are the numbers? Are there any other factors?
My information are vague, but i can tell it's based on how much your opponent thinks you are a warmonger, as seen in diplomacy info. Might have additional factors, but number of capitals is not a factor (it used to be the main factor, this got changed).

My information are vague, but i can tell it's based on how much your opponent thinks you are a warmonger, as seen in diplomacy info. Might have additional factors, but number of capitals is not a factor (it used to be the main factor, this got changed).
Ok, so there is no point to avoid capture capitals then, but wiping out a civ completely won't be good.

Top Bottom