Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Defensive pact remain in VP until the end of the deal

Lets say I have a defensive pact with Russia. Germany and Austria have a defensive pact as well. If I declare war on Germany, will Russia declare war on Austria? (after Austria declares war on me)

Lets say I have a defensive pact with Russia. Germany and Austria have a defensive pact as well. If I declare war on Germany, will Russia declare war on Austria? (after Austria declares war on me)
Defensive pact do not chains (whatever the way).
When you declare a war to someone, you also declare war to its allies, but:
+ You don't declare war to the allies of the allies of your ennemy
+ Your allies don't declare war to the ennemy

How do you ditch your founded religion and become head of another religion? I tried using and inquisitor on my holy city but I am still its head even though all my cities are of my new religion. No ability to construct wonder or have religious authority either.

I think I asked this question in the past but forgot how it works.

Do Holy Sites get Faith or culture as their buff from New Deal? It's probably Faith, but I'd like it better if it were culture.

How do you ditch your founded religion and become head of another religion? I tried using and inquisitor on my holy city but I am still its head even though all my cities are of my new religion. No ability to construct wonder or have religious authority either.

I think I asked this question in the past but forgot how it works.
You have to capture a holy city of another religion, then you will be head of 2 religions.

In this version it was the first time i had a civ that didn't found or had any follower of any other religion than mine dislike me for spreading my religion to them. Is that normal? Btw all religions were founded and we had a good relationship up to that point.

Some threads have talked about giving gifts to the AI, so I've been wondering:
How does one give gifts? Is it just a trade deal with no compensation from the AI? If so, is a single Horse or Iron resource already enough to count as gift? Does the diplomatic bonus scale with the value of a gift? Does it count as a gift if I take some compensation but the trade value is still positive (i.e. not balanced)? Thanks.

Some threads have talked about giving gifts to the AI, so I've been wondering:
How does one give gifts? Is it just a trade deal with no compensation from the AI? If so, is a single Horse or Iron resource already enough to count as gift? Does the diplomatic bonus scale with the value of a gift? Does it count as a gift if I take some compensation but the trade value is still positive (i.e. not balanced)? Thanks.

For gift (or unbalanced deals), everything is converted on Gold-Per-Turn. So on standard speed, any deal of value lesser than 50 is not considered as a gift. For deals of value greater than 50, the diplomatic modifier is linear in the corresponding number of GPT.

Can someone explain to me the numbers behind the concert tours of Great Musicians? They don't add up for me. Example from my most recent game:

This guy has 15570 'strength', which I understand to be my last (12 + 1 for each great work of music) turns of tourism output. I got 352 Tourism per turn in addition to some instant yields, so this seems a little high at first glance, but is well within the realm of possibility.

When I actually send him out on a tour, his strength more than triples for whatever reason. I'm pretty certain that I shouldn't have a 300% modifier, but okay.

The thing is, it only tripled according to the tooltip. In reality, I got more than 300.000 in net tourism gains.

Tourism with Carthage before tour: 467.741

Tourism with Carthage after tour: 743.797

He seems to be quite the rockstar, because it took me the better part of a week to get to the first number, and he got me a flat 60% of that instantly.

In short, why are the numbers what they are? As a user, I'd expect my tourism to increase by the initial 15.000, and not 20 times as much.

Two questions regarding beliefs:

God of the Open Sky: What does "featureless" plains or grassland mean? Only forests and marshes? Or are ressources "features" too? If they are, it seems kind of weak for me...

Ritual: I once saw the Celts taking it. But Celt cities dont have pressure, so it wont help their own cities, does it? Is it active in non Celt cities?

Two questions regarding beliefs:

God of the Open Sky: What does "featureless" plains or grassland mean? Only forests and marshes? Or are ressources "features" too? If they are, it seems kind of weak for me...

Ritual: I once saw the Celts taking it. But Celt cities dont have pressure, so it wont help their own cities, does it? Is it active in non Celt cities?
1) All features.
2) Celts dont have foreign religion pressure. Their own religion does.

Last edited:

Resources are not considered "features" so God of the Open Sky will work on flat plains/grassland tiles with horses, cows, iron, etc. Forest and Marsh are considered features; GotOS will not give yields until those features are removed.

Can someone explain to me the numbers behind the concert tours of Great Musicians? They don't add up for me. Example from my most recent game:

This guy has 15570 'strength', which I understand to be my last (12 + 1 for each great work of music) turns of tourism output. I got 352 Tourism per turn in addition to some instant yields, so this seems a little high at first glance, but is well within the realm of possibility.

When I actually send him out on a tour, his strength more than triples for whatever reason. I'm pretty certain that I shouldn't have a 300% modifier, but okay.

The thing is, it only tripled according to the tooltip. In reality, I got more than 300.000 in net tourism gains.

Tourism with Carthage before tour: 467.741

Tourism with Carthage after tour: 743.797

He seems to be quite the rockstar, because it took me the better part of a week to get to the first number, and he got me a flat 60% of that instantly.

In short, why are the numbers what they are? As a user, I'd expect my tourism to increase by the initial 15.000, and not 20 times as much.

Github. That's most probably a bug. My gess is that the value is multiplied too multiple time by one of the scaling factor (ex: game speed)

Github. That's most probably a bug. My gess is that the value is multiplied too multiple time by one of the scaling factor (ex: game speed)

Ah!! There was a bug I while back thst I kept forgetting, and I wanted to report.

This was it...I also see the same numbering problem

@CiVex If nobody explains it, then post the save file to GitHub.
Here you go

Another quick question:
I just noticed that when I completely surround an enemy city, the city get's 'blockaded'. But what does it do, exactly? Is it a good idea to blockade a city while sieging? Or is it not worth it?

Here you go

Another quick question:
I just noticed that when I completely surround an enemy city, the city get's 'blockaded'. But what does it do, exactly? Is it a good idea to blockade a city while sieging? Or is it not worth it?

It means that city will soon fall. :goodjob:
No HP regen, -20% strength of City damage(or another value, don't remember) + broken city connection.

It means that city will soon fall. :goodjob:
No HP regen, -20% strength of City damage(or another value, don't remember) + broken city connection.
I'm pretty sure a blockaded city does regenerate HP. I don't know if it reduces damage of the city by 20%, but for sure it receives 20% more damage.

Top Bottom