Quick Questions / Quick Answers

oh good i recently wasted some hammers on my town improvement. i thought, when i build it next to city conection(road) than i can simply build another road on it(still making city conection) but it doesnt work. :(

Guys, please help!:rolleyes:
1 question: I can not build a special building that I choose when getting religion. It is always available, so I did! He writes: required for global followers of your religion!:confused:
2 question: Is there any group in Steam, where I can find people to play this mod:)

Guys, please help!:rolleyes:
1 question: I can not build a special building that I choose when getting religion. It is always available, so I did! He writes: required for global followers of your religion!:confused:

You need 20% (on standard map size) of world population to be following your religion to get to build your founder national wonder

You need 20% (on standard map size) of world population to be following your religion to get to build your founder national wonder

And if you hover over the building in the production menu, it will show you how many more % of religious population you need to get to be able to build it.

I'm having a problem, can someone give me some advice? In the last 2 games I've played I end up wiping out another civ after a long war with much war-weariness. But the war-weariness doesn't go away...no chance to make peace now since the other civ is gone. I'm not at war with anyone else (incl City States). Playing ver 9-12 and 9-19, no other mods.

And if you hover over the building in the production menu, it will show you how many more % of religious population you need to get to be able to build it.

Is there a way to tell exactly how many population that % is?

I'm having a problem, can someone give me some advice? In the last 2 games I've played I end up wiping out another civ after a long war with much war-weariness. But the war-weariness doesn't go away...no chance to make peace now since the other civ is gone. I'm not at war with anyone else (incl City States). Playing ver 9-12 and 9-19, no other mods.

Check City States, sometimes you are still at war with them because they were allied to the other civ and they can't sue for peace themselves.

wonder without the pop requirement
not true. with basil u can do reformation, but certainly can not get religious national wonder. im going to try grab this for myself when i 1)pick believes i dont want share with others but want reform 2) there are jsut too strong religion civs and i need reform believe to help me win. all at all u just loose some votes in WC, some yields + yields on holy sites. not much big deal.

Check City States, sometimes you are still at war with them because they were allied to the other civ and they can't sue for peace themselves.
Tried that, no wars.

Is there a way to get allied military city states to stop giving me unique units and give me "regular" units?

In my current game, I'm currently in the modern era, already researched rifling and dynamite. I was friends with Hanoi and it gave me an artillery, which is great. A few turns later, I became Hanoi's ally. Several turns later, I get a new unit from Hanoi, this time it's an impi.

It's a bummer to be getting obsolete unique units from military CSs and getting "punished" for being more than just friends:)

Thanks for the reply.

In my current game, I'm currently in the modern era, already researched rifling and dynamite. I was friends with Hanoi and it gave me an artillery, which is great. A few turns later, I became Hanoi's ally. Several turns later, I get a new unit from Hanoi, this time it's an impi.

this is how it works with major civ too. major civs can build their unique units one era later than their UI, which is imho great and its giving you oportunity not have to focus on military in times you need focus on infrastructure just bcoz of worrying about not have another chance recruit units with UI promotion.

but i understand that Impi without ikanda promotion is worthless, still you have ranged pre-attack with them.

How does the founder belief Way of Transcendance work? It states, "+300 to all national yields when entering a new era." What is defined as national yields? Does this mean a one time +300 gain of food, gold, production etc every time you enter a new era?

I found another post elsewhere that described it. My question was what yields does it provide a boost to? I didn't know this before but national yields are culture, gold, science, and faith. Production and food are per city and aren't included in the founder bonus.

If you need like another 5 % and it's getting tough to convert more cities, then go for the Basil's Cathedral, you can reform and get your national religious wonder without the pop requirement.

That's the problem. I can no longer get to it early enough. In the past it was already a close race. With the 9-30 patch, I am even missing the Oracle.

I need a way to tech fast enough early game

How does the founder belief Way of Transcendance work? It states, "+300 to all national yields when entering a new era." What is defined as national yields?
When I read it, I though it was normal to think that the yields that are displayed on the upper left or your interface, being not city-dependent, are your national yields.

That's the problem. I can no longer get to it early enough. In the past it was already a close race. With the 9-30 patch, I am even missing the Oracle.

I need a way to tech fast enough early game
What difficulty are you playing on? In King I can almost always build at least one wonder per Age if I really want to, unless I pick up Authority and end up isolated, or Progress and cannot expand too much. You just focus on that tech, start building the wonder as soon as it is available, invest gold if you can, save a Great Engineer if it spawned. Advance through policies and techs evenly, and you can get the wonders. Keep in mind that every wonder of the same age increases wonder cost in the city.

What difficulty are you playing on? In King I can almost always build at least one wonder per Age if I really want to, unless I pick up Authority and end up isolated, or Progress and cannot expand too much. You just focus on that tech, start building the wonder as soon as it is available, invest gold if you can, save a Great Engineer if it spawned. Advance through policies and techs evenly, and you can get the wonders. Keep in mind that every wonder of the same age increases wonder cost in the city.

Emperor, standard speed, huge continent.
I am either short of the tech or the number of policies. I used to be able to tech there fast enough but I guess the 9-30 patch (I relied quite abit on goody hut culture and evangelism spam previously) slowed me down just enough to miss it. I think I have to seriously reconsider the policy selection sequence.

Top Bottom