Quick Questions / Quick Answers

hi, don't know if its the best place to post but anyway :

I'm a little tired to play on communitas map, do you have any suggestion for me ? (i'm playing on standard map with normal number of civ and city state, i find there are too many iron/horses, maybe should i play with "sparse ressources")

hi, don't know if its the best place to post but anyway :

I'm a little tired to play on communitas map, do you have any suggestion for me ? (i'm playing on standard map with normal number of civ and city state, i find there are too many iron/horses, maybe should i play with "sparse ressources")

Tectonics and Planet Simulator 3 are my standard maps nowadays.

Tectonics and Planet Simulator 3 are my standard maps nowadays.

Are you ok with the iron/horse distribution ? I mean do you have over 25 horses/iron on medieval (just to know if i have to play with sparse ressource or not)

And another question how do you play assyria ? ( iknow its depending of your start etc etc ) but do you try to go for tradition to quickly fill your unique library or go for autocracy to invade "easily " other cities and make your UA works, or something else ?)

i think authority+ aesthetic is better choice. go tradition if you are isolated rly badly, but you still will miss authority stuff later on.

Are you ok with the iron/horse distribution ? I mean do you have over 25 horses/iron on medieval (just to know if i have to play with sparse ressource or not)

And another question how do you play assyria ? ( iknow its depending of your start etc etc ) but do you try to go for tradition to quickly fill your unique library or go for autocracy to invade "easily " other cities and make your UA works, or something else ?)

I am ok with normal resource distribution. It's a little scarcer, so more tactical. I don't play Assyria, too agressive for my liking. But I'd say that Autocracy will give you more benefits in the long run (if you keep fighting, that is).

Thought this would be a good place to ask: I have used a feature that would both optimize and swap + optimize your great works on the tourism screen. Not sure if this is a part of CBO, or one of the other compatible mods I have installed before. Seems to be there in one game, gone in another, even though using (mostly) the same mods. Really miss the convenience.

Thanks,

- E

PS: @ Myrrdin_Emrys. I followed a few recommendations on the board and invested a few dollars to buy the scrambled continents map pack - small continents plus is my new favorite now. Much cooler than the generic one, continent sizes give good opportunity to hold your own against aggressive settling AIs, resource distribution can definitely create some challenges, and the island chains give the ability for a ton of early exploration. I have been using Communitas map for years, on and off, but this fits my play style very well at the moment!

Thought this would be a good place to ask: I have used a feature that would both optimize and swap + optimize your great works on the tourism screen. Not sure if this is a part of CBO, or one of the other compatible mods I have installed before. Seems to be there in one game, gone in another, even though using (mostly) the same mods. Really miss the convenience.

Thanks,

- E

PS: @ Myrrdin_Emrys. I followed a few recommendations on the board and invested a few dollars to buy the scrambled continents map pack - small continents plus is my new favorite now. Much cooler than the generic one, continent sizes give good opportunity to hold your own against aggressive settling AIs, resource distribution can definitely create some challenges, and the island chains give the ability for a ton of early exploration. I have been using Communitas map for years, on and off, but this fits my play style very well at the moment!

Part of the CBO.

G

Hey, is there a guide or something out there that explains how tourism and ideology pressure work in Vox Populi?

Part of the CBO.

G

Is there a switch to turn this feature on/off? Did I miss it in setting up the game or is this an entree in a .sql file whose value I need to change. No mention of this in the wiki, and no bug reported on github.

My other guess is either mod conflict or user error.

Thanks,

- E

Is there a switch to turn this feature on/off? Did I miss it in setting up the game or is this an entree in a .sql file whose value I need to change. No mention of this in the wiki, and no bug reported on github.

My other guess is either mod conflict or user error.

Thanks,

- E

No - it is part of the cultureoverview.lua. You are probably using a custom civ that overrides it.

G

No - it is part of the cultureoverview.lua. You are probably using a custom civ that overrides it.

G

Not surprised! I usually activate a number of JFD civs for variety, and this game has Turkey (Mehmet) and America (Teddy Roosevelt) as AIs. Always seems to be a little flakiness when using his stuff w CBO.

I know Engineseer is working on a CBO compatible civ thread, and I guess I will have to finish out the game without this feature. Sad that this is the game that I seem to have broken a personal record for great works with a great person focused India :cry:

Thanks for the clarification, Gazebo.

- E

can anyone explain me why i can instakill embarked knight, but i will spend 5 shots for mbarked skirmisher? do they have some special invisible trait similar to embarked with defense? its strange when they have weaker cs.

I am currently playing with Assyria,

I picked authority and progress simultaneously and build everything to invade my neighbour once I get Knights. I had 2-3 great writings when I started my invasion.I captured 2 writings from my neighbours :)

Once I started, never stopped.

can anyone explain me why i can instakill embarked knight, but i will spend 5 shots for mbarked skirmisher? do they have some special invisible trait similar to embarked with defense? its strange when they have weaker cs.

I was wondering this too, and it's like this for every ranged unit compared to melee. I can instakill melee, but can't with ranged, thought it was a bug.

you tell us what is it. :) it was rather regular question i hoped someone has answer for.

How is barbarian horde assaulting city state working? How come untouched city with full army succumbs to a single strayed barbarian only because he hid behind his friends in the forest?

How is barbarian horde assaulting city state working? How come untouched city with full army succumbs to a single strayed barbarian only because he hid behind his friends in the forest?

I don't have the official answer, but it seems like CS don't show when they're in the red. I don't know how else to explain this common occurrence.

Forget what you actually see in the graphical sense and focus on the actual scenario:
If you do not defeat ALL the barbarians in a certain timeframe the CS will fall.

Make up any subtext you like to justify it:
  1. A barbarian managed to sneak inside and kill the governor
  2. or he managed to open the gates
  3. set fire to the grain stores and poison the well
  4. frightened everyone inside into submission with taunts about eating babies
  5. etc.

It is what it is.

Forget what you actually see in the graphical sense and focus on the actual scenario:

Make up any subtext you like to justify it:
  1. A barbarian managed to sneak inside and kill the governor
  2. or he managed to open the gates
  3. set fire to the grain stores and poison the well
  4. frightened everyone inside into submission with taunts about eating babies
  5. etc.

It is what it is.

Thanks for the clarification! I had no idea. It'll certainly affect how I approach hordes in the future. Do you know how long the timeframe is?

Top Bottom