Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hi. Was there a recent change that allows dromons and galeasses to enter and stay in deep ocean (without being blocked etc.)?

I have yet another question ... how do you "officially" adopt a foreign religion? I have sent missionaries to my friend cities and in his religion tab it still says that he has a pantheon. All of his cities are converted ...

that will never change. he will ever has just pantheon on main religion window.

i have another question :D does that policy from piety branch with purchase disscounts aply for GP after industrial?

@LukaSlovenia29 , Yes, now it behaves as CIV IV. If you can end the turn in shallow waters then you can enter ocean.

@code99, if you want a foreing religion to be dominant in one of your cities, then open borders, send trade routes from that city to the foreign holy city and don't build temples. What you are asking for sounds like you want your friend to be the founder of your religion. This cannot happen, unless you are out of the game and your friend conquers your holy city, and most of his cities are of that religion. If you just want that your friend is able to spread your religion, he can, every missionary produced in a religious city will spread the dominant religion in that city. He will benefit of every follower belief and pantheon your religion has, but not the founder and enhancer beliefs.

i thought, it just aply on regular religius units and buildings. bcoz with it or without, first GP purchase cost same i think, about 1200 faith.

Tu_79, thanks for the reply. But in my game, the AI regularly kept dromons and later galeasses in deep ocean two tiles from my city and bombarded me from there. It was quite annoying, because my strategy when settling was to use that deep ocean as a barrier until the later eras.

are u playing 9/30 version? i think i saw this issue too. zulu galleas bombarded another Ai's frigatte from ocean.

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know how the "competing for the same city states" diplo modifier works? How does the AI decide when to dislike you for it?

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know how the "competing for the same city states" diplo modifier works? How does the AI decide when to dislike you for it?

it depend on AI and about a priority of that cs for them and, ofc on your overall delegates. it is working together, bcoz when you have many votes, they will go and try steal with diplo units cs from you. So you can hear complains by AI even about a cs 7 tiles near your capital,which can be considered in your sphere of influence. Its also dependant on relations but if you already are in a half way to some VC, you are not supposed to be in good shape. Overall this modifier is very easy to get on its maximum, bcoz AI gives -10 points even for being friend with cs. Sometimes im missing more diplo options, like AI has. Like Leave my cs be ,or definetly ability to say someone gtfo with his archeologists before dig. :D ( but on this matter, very surprisingly i had a case in 9/30 when friendly Gustavus digged a landmark for me)

Last edited:
but if he conquer it from another player who has this belief and will not destroy that building than he theoreticaly could gain that bonus. even he will have to convert city, that building( example public school) still should be recognized like faith purchased. but honestly i never took neither of those two believes( cultural and science building purchase)

I was thinking about Byzantium actually. On a sidenot, description of jesuit is somewhat confusing. It says that building bought with faith give +5 science, but it's only if you have jesuit education as reformation belief. If you conquer such university and convert, it's losing bonus. I also suspect (didn't check), that university built in normal in a city following faith with that reformation belief will also provide +5sc. In that case description should say "Universities, Public schools and research labs provide +5sc. They can be bought with faith."

lol so what are you talking about? i thought about sacred sites first. so if you have sacred sites and conquer foreign city with university + public sch. purchased with faith, AND enough of luck to not destroy them upon capture, than they should provide +3 tourism after conversion to your religion.

Top Bottom