Quick Questions / Quick Answers

what happens, if i get nutmeg from an admiral and indonesia is in the game and founds a city which produces nutmeg? can that even happen? is my nutmeg not unique anymore then?

What do you mean by not unique anymore? I'm not sure about this, but if Indonesia is in the game, the Luxury Resources granted by Great Admirals shouldn't be any of Indonesia's ones (and the same goes for Brazil). But, even if that could happen, Nutmeg would still be a Luxury Resource, so you'd get happiness from it, you'd be able to trade them with anyone who doesn't have a copy, and you wouldn't be able to get a Global Monopoly bonus either, as these copies doesn't count towards Global Monopolies.

So the only difference would be that Indonesia would be able to trade its copies with other civs as well, and maybe prevent you from doing it with some of them, but that'd be all.

From what I remember seeing in game (can’t check at the moment) is that it simply gives you copies of a random luxury that your current continent does not have access to. I wonder if playing on Pangea then if it counts the entire landmass as a continent.

Will a unit on Alert gain the ramp-up bonus for staying Fortified for 2 turns if it wakes up?

I have several mods, which add techs to the tech tree loaded one after another. How to fix the broken connection lines between the techs? The whole tree looks solid, with no missing items, except for some redundant connecting lines, which now do not connect to anything. What's the best way to fix them? I.e. connect some of them to follow up techs and delete some of them...

I have several mods, which add techs to the tech tree loaded one after another. How to fix the broken connection lines between the techs? The whole tree looks solid, with no missing items, except for some redundant connecting lines, which now do not connect to anything. What's the best way to fix them? I.e. connect some of them to follow up techs and delete some of them...

You’d need to provide a list of the mods you’re using and pictures for us to give you any help or direction.

You’d need to provide a list of the mods you’re using and pictures for us to give you any help or direction.
There are 3.5 amendments to the tech tree. 4 Mods which interact with it are: CBO, JFDLC, Steampunk Era and Cybernetic Dawn (v 12) and Superintelligence (v 2) for BNW. From CBO tech tree is completely removed / deleted from the mod, but the Buildings and Wonders are loaded. Other tech trees are loaded with Superintelligence loaded last. It looks like that on the attached screens. There are not-connected lines starting from some techs, but not arriving anywhere and Corporations tech is missing text (the tech description and descriptions of the items in it).

Interestingly enough, it looks quite solid otherwise, not broken in many places. Which I suppose partially due to Steampunk Era providing some compatibility files for Enlightenment era and JFDLC and Superintelligence not changing much of the techs anyway...

Attachments

• ScreenShots.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Do antiair units affect paratrooper class units when they're dropping? I saw something mentioned in one of the log files about a paratrooper taking damage from an antiair but I've never noticed it in gameplay.

How is distress calculated?

Last edited:
Why are Diplomats so much worse than Envoys? Reaching them puts a big crimp in your fight for city states, when you would think reaching a more advanced unit would make things easier.
Can your provide some specifics as to how you feel that they are worse?

I've re-made the attachment to the above post with the screenshots. The previous one was empty. Apologies.

How does promotion health work with the new Dreadnaught? If you have a unit at 100 HP get a Dreadnaught promotion, will it get 110 (due to +10 HP heal from promotion) out of 115?

Why are Diplomats so much worse than Envoys? Reaching them puts a big crimp in your fight for city states, when you would think reaching a more advanced unit would make things easier.

I suspect it's a rubber-banding mechanic. I feel there's too many rubber-banding mechanics in VP. I'd like it if two diplomatic units were available to be built; ie envoys would not make emissaries obsolete; researching diplomats would make emissaries obsolete but envoys would still be available; on researching ambassadors envoys would become obsolete but diplomats would still be available.

I suspect it's a rubber-banding mechanic. I feel there's too many rubber-banding mechanics in VP. I'd like it if two diplomatic units were available to be built; ie envoys would not make emissaries obsolete; researching diplomats would make emissaries obsolete but envoys would still be available; on researching ambassadors envoys would become obsolete but diplomats would still be available.

For the same reason missionary/inquisitors are more and more expensive. The efficiency of an envoy does not significantly decrease over time. However, its hammer cost become more and more insignificant.

This is not rubber banding, this is era normalisation.

Alternative solutions would be:
1) Have the hammer cost of every diplomatic unit increase with era. (Currently simulated by the those multiple units less and less cost-effectives)
2) Have the influence from quest drastically increase with era, so that quest can compete with "diplomat spam"

Note that this apply to everything. A mechanised infantry in late game is not much more efficient than a spearmen in early game, and relatively to their era hammer production, they have approximately the same cost. But in absolute cost, the infantry is far more expensive than the spearmen.

Hi so for some reason, I can't seem to kill navel units with ranged ships. when they reach like 1/4 health ranged ships seem to stop doing damage. Is this intended or a bug? using September 25 beta.

Last edited:
Hi so for some reason, I can't seem to kill navel units with ranged ships. when they reach like 1/4 health ranged ships seem to stop doing damage. Is this intended or a bug?
There have been changes to naval promotions over the last few betas. Knowing which version you are running would help others help you...

Top Bottom