Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Assuming my religion Catholicism has the Reformation Defender of the Faith, do units near one of my cities without Catholicism still gain the Defender of the Faith bonus? Can someone remove my bonus by faith bombing the city they are sieging?

Assuming my religion Catholicism has the Reformation Defender of the Faith, do units near one of my cities without Catholicism still gain the Defender of the Faith bonus? Can someone remove my bonus by faith bombing the city they are sieging?
bonus is tied to the majority(or official) religion of the civ not the city.

Does Chichen Itza or other bonuses such as from policies extend an ongoing golden age?

Last edited:
Yes. Nothing is stopped while in a golden age.

Is this true? I thought the length of the golden age was set when the GA starts, i.e. if I start a 10 turn golden age and build Chichen Itza a turn later I will still only have 9 turns remaining on my current GA.

What is a base lenght of GM WLTK? because i never got more than 10 turns of it.

Also, did franchises become destructible upon capture? because i lost one when Denmark took Indias city.

Last edited:
Is this true? I thought the length of the golden age was set when the GA starts, i.e. if I start a 10 turn golden age and build Chichen Itza a turn later I will still only have 9 turns remaining on my current GA.
Oh, I misread. I mean gap that are generated during a golden age are accumulated for the next one. About the effect of Chichen Itza, you are probably right.

Oh, I misread. I mean gap that are generated during a golden age are accumulated for the next one. About the effect of Chichen Itza, you are probably right.

Just tested it. You do NOT get extra turns if Chichen Itza is complete during a golden age. Something to look out for.

In my current game, I lost the race to found a religion. There are two civs that founded on my continent. If I capture one of the holy cities of those religions I can take it over, but will I be able to enhance it? I have a large pool of faith, so will a great prophet appear immediately I get the religion? If so, as I will probably have enough faith for multiple GP so will they all appear together?

If I don't capture a holy city, is it basically a case of waiting until the industrial era to spend my faith on great people? Currently, neither of the potential religions have beliefs with an opportunity to spend faith.

In my current game, I lost the race to found a religion. There are two civs that founded on my continent. If I capture one of the holy cities of those religions I can take it over, but will I be able to enhance it? I have a large pool of faith, so will a great prophet appear immediately I get the religion? If so, as I will probably have enough faith for multiple GP so will they all appear together?

If I don't capture a holy city, is it basically a case of waiting until the industrial era to spend my faith on great people? Currently, neither of the potential religions have beliefs with an opportunity to spend faith.

On the current patch, the answer is yes. You can immediately pop GPs to enhance the religion, and your GPs are cheaper because you have created less. It's one of the strongest aspects of capturing another religion instead of starting your own.

n my current game, I lost the race to found a religion. There are two civs that founded on my continent. If I capture one of the holy cities of those religions I can take it over, but will I be able to enhance it? I have a large pool of faith, so will a great prophet appear immediately I get the religion? If so, as I will probably have enough faith for multiple GP so will they all appear together?
Yes, you can enhance it with a prophet. They will appear every turn until you no longer have faith.
In that case, yes.

Great, and thanks for the quick replies! Now, which city to target... :scan:

Do you get a warmonger penalty for liberating a city?

In my current game, Venice is down to one city which was previously a city state. If I capture the city several other civs will be quite upset but only mildly greatfull if I liberate. So I'm wondering if my warmonger score will go up more from capturing and liberating than if don't take the city at all.

Do you get a warmonger penalty for liberating a city?

In my current game, Venice is down to one city which was previously a city state. If I capture the city several other civs will be quite upset but only mildly greatfull if I liberate. So I'm wondering if my warmonger score will go up more from capturing and liberating than if don't take the city at all.

Liberations always reduce warmonger score.

Does God of War impact where the great prophet spawns? I've had 2 games recently where the great prophet has spawned in pretty ridiculous locations. Only thing I can think of is that God of War is granting faith to the nearest city. Neither city had natural wonders and the first time it happened the city didn't even have a shrine.

Does God of War impact where the great prophet spawns? I've had 2 games recently where the great prophet has spawned in pretty ridiculous locations. Only thing I can think of is that God of War is granting faith to the nearest city. Neither city had natural wonders and the first time it happened the city didn't even have a shrine.
Great Prophet is random, but the more faith a city has, the more likely. So if every city has a shrine and God of War (so everyway has 2 faith per turn), its randomly between all cities.

If only your capital has a shrine, its more likely to appear in the capital, but it could still appear somewhere else.

If a city has 5 more faith than other cities, it always appears there.

Ok I'll ask this here to since I haven't got an answer in another thread and can't complete or start a new game without knowing:

I was going to ask for tribute and noticed that i had the option to chose from "90g" or "enslave a worker", no matter the type of city-state. Is this due to some VP change or a bug?

Does tribute from military CS no longer give science? This worker thing is new to me.

Top Bottom