Quick Questions / Quick Answers

How is the value of the decline in bonus Food and Culture in China's UA evaluated for each era?

From what I observed, it's half of what you have, rounding down (though not sure about the last one). So, when you have +3 yields, you lose 1, when you have +5, you lose 2 etc.

I had Civilized Jewelry in queue when the WC decided that Gold sucks and banned it thereafter, the Corp disappeared from the queue and doesn't appear in the possible buildings anymore. Is it because of the ban? Would a fully built Corporation disappear if you have only one monopoly enabling it and it gets banned?

I had Civilized Jewelry in queue when the WC decided that Gold sucks and banned it thereafter, the Corp disappeared from the queue and doesn't appear in the possible buildings anymore. Is it because of the ban? Would a fully built Corporation disappear if you have only one monopoly enabling it and it gets banned?

Yes, it is because of the ban (it removes the monopoly also), and no, you would keep an already-built corporation. That's the same rule as for all conditions on buildings: If your only pasture gets pillaged, you can't build Stables, but an already built one remains; if you lose a monopoly, you never lose the corporation founded with that monopoly; you don't lose the reformation building of your religion if at some point, you wouldn't have enough followers to build it anymore etc.

Don't you still get the luxuries if you captured a city with them? You just can't trade for them. Maybe someone can correct me on that.

Do end-of-turn lockups generate a log anywhere? I know submitting a save is probably an option but it's usually not consistent.

Don't you still get the luxuries if you captured a city with them? You just can't trade for them. Maybe someone can correct me on that.

No, it removes the Happiness/Monopoly bonus as well as preventing the Luxury from being traded.

No, it removes the Happiness/Monopoly bonus as well as preventing the Luxury from being traded.

It's true you don't get Happiness/Monopoly bonus but I had games where I gained access to a banned luxury by conquering a city and my cities demanding that luxury gets WLTKD.

Is there a worthwhile city here somewhere? I am Germany and it would complete a wall of cities (blocking Mayans from getting through) but that's about it. And I am bad at city placement.

Spoiler image :

Id settle on the desert tile next to the oasis and the stone and those flood plain. And save gold to buy the sheep and iron if possible.

Id settle on the desert tile next to the oasis and the stone and those flood plain. And save gold to buy the sheep and iron if possible.

That's clearly the best position. And I'd probably settle there if I were progress as you seem to be, it's a decent spot.

If I faith purchase a religion building like Mosque or Pagoda and the city later converts to another religion, is the pressure for the faith purchased building still on the old religion, or is it the new one?

If I faith purchase a religion building like Mosque or Pagoda and the city later converts to another religion, is the pressure for the faith purchased building still on the old religion, or is it the new one?
It is to whatever the religion of the building is. If the building belongs to two religion and neither of the two is the majority in that city, then it'll emanate both religions until one receives a majority (Byzantium buff). However.. for some reason if the building does not belong to any religion, it will boost all pressure.

Top Bottom