Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Two questions: Are you saying Towns give adjacency bonuses to Farms? And do Militaristic City States no longer give Pathfinders to the fist Civilization they meet?

What happens if you capture the Holy city of the Celts? Do you just end up with a religion with no Pantheon?

I've never really paid attention to personalities from city states. Does that affect the player choice when deciding which to ally with, especially in the early game? Are there other things to consider?

I've never really paid attention to personalities from city states. Does that affect the player choice when deciding which to ally with, especially in the early game? Are there other things to consider?

Influence for Hostile city states decay faster, while that of friendly city states decay slower. Early game it's more RNG than anything else as your primary source of influence are somewhat random barb spawns and definitely random quests.

Different personalities give different kinds of quests. If you are a warmonger, you can consider not conquering hostile CS because they give excellent quests for conquering cities.

I wonder why barbs can ignore terrain movement cost? Sometimes it can be really annoying.

I wonder why barbs can ignore terrain movement cost? Sometimes it can be really annoying.
It's apparently a feature in VP that they get a terrain appropriate promotion for where they spawn. They get to move at 1 cost for their home terrain, but not for others. Coastal spawns can give the embarkation promotion instead.

Depending on difficulty: 30 25 25 20 20 15 10 5
(And the database says that it is always 0 for the AI, but not sure if the AI use this value (0) or the player's value)

This doesn't depend on the game speed, right? If you play on Marathon, then you're at a bigger disadvantage since you can't get a warrior in time?

This doesn't depend on the game speed, right? If you play on Marathon, then you're at a bigger disadvantage since you can't get a warrior in time?

I do not know if it depends on game speed, as well, but at Marathon Speed, Barbarians will be looting your Capital for quite a while unless you forego building a Monument and Shrine.

I do not know if it depends on game speed, as well, but at Marathon Speed, Barbarians will be looting your Capital for quite a while unless you forego building a Monument and Shrine.

I play mostly on Marathon Speed and my pathfinder is often used to defend my capital. Foregoing a monument or a shrine initially means I fall behind pretty badly. I feel like when they enter border doesn't take into account of the speed and that can make the start very rough.

Top Bottom