1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

Another quick one. I have researched cannons, but have no iron to build them. Can I somehow still built trebuchets?

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Nope

3. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

What would be then the strategy to conquer an enemy city with iron deposits without having artillery?

4. YukiN

YukiN Prince

Buy iron from someone. I'm sure there would be parties which are amenable.

5. pza

pza Prince

ships, masses of other units. surrounding cities to mitigate healing.

6. Minh Le

Minh Le King

Is there a way to disable city state quests? I know its an interesting feature of the mod, but sometimes its really imbalance and RNG base.

7. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

Right, made an acc. just to get an answer to this. A lot of my games end pretty prematurely to this issue and it's been bugging me like crazy. At some point in each game, maybe a little past the 200 turn mark or so, my game freezes up on the Barbarian turn. I assumed at first it might be because of Barbarians Evolved, but the issue is still present. Some googling got me some info, but when I saw this thread:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/workaround-for-game-freeze-during-barbarian-turn.627684/

I realized that the line of code was already set to 0. I've had this issue for a good while now and always just went with it because I lose interest in a match around that time anyway. Now I'd like to see if there actually is a solution. I'm updated to the 11-21 version and usually just let the installer take over. I wasn't sure if I should make my own thread for this or if it's even the right place to ask, apologies either way. Anyway, thoughts?

8. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

I had issues in the past trying barbarians evolved. You have tried with and without with same results?

vyyt likes this.
  9. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

I've turned it off for this recent playthru, and I still have the same issue, which leads me to believe that BE isn't the issue. Usually I can reload the autosave afterwards, but now it just crashed maybe two turns after loading from a previous crash. Not sure what to make of it.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Necromancer: ENDLESS WAVES OF THE DEAD!!!!

Hehe sorry wrong game:)

11. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Are you using any other mods? BTW, it does not mean that the problem has to do anything with Barbs, the game is processing many other things after the Barb turn.

And by freeze you mean you are still in the game, but the screen stops responding? Can you move your mouse? Can you hear sound effects when you press keys? (e.g. the "cycle to the next unit" sound if you press space)

12. AndreyK

AndreyK Chieftain

Which buidings counts as defensive for Defender of faith?

13. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

I use a bunch of other mods, not all related to CBP, though a good amount are. Mostly QoL /minor stuff. I'll post the list down the post. I'm still in the game technically, but it's frozen. I can move my mouse, I'm not sure about sounds because I always play muted, but when I check Task Manager in a new desktop it says Civ 5 isn't responding at all. Seems like it just hangs up right there.
    Code:
        CBP Mod Files 1-6
        Community Events
        Event and Decisions (CBO)
        Wonders Expanded
        Aquatic Fortress
        Barbarians Unlimited XP (for the now offline Barbarians Evolved)
        Civic and Reform
        Enlightenment Era for VP
        Ethnic Units
        IGE
        JFD's Prussia
        More Unique Components
        Pontoon Bridges
        Promotions Flags (EUI)
        Really Advanced Setup
        Poor Tiles Tweak
        UI - Promotion Tree
        UI - Upgrade Tree
        Unique City-States
        Workable Mountians
    That's all I'm using right now.

Walls, Castles, Arsenals, etc.. Things like Harbors and Seaports that raise city health don't get it IIRC, or Constabularies either. Maybe Orders do, but I doubt it.

14. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

15. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

@DonStill, probably a memory overflow issue. How big is your map? Try without Ethnic Units - this is the most likely offender - it should be save game compatible.

Not that it will help in any way, but I think that if you turn the sounds on, you will find out that the game is actually responding, only the screen is frozen.

ryanmusante likes this.
  16. moofe

moofe Chieftain

How does archeologist access work? Where can my archeologists dig? Why are antiquity sites sometimes pink and sometimes green?

Basically I am very confused as to where my archaeologists can dig and when (open borders? Mutual open borders?) It never seems consistent game to game. Thanks+

17. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

I always play on small, because the sheer amount of units the AI make doesn't really let me play on anything bigger without huge lagfests. I'll disable ethnic units and turn on the sound and see what happens.

You need open borders access both ways to get into another civ's dig sites. The pink and green means defines whether an archeologist has been queued to sent there I think. Can't really remember which is which.

18. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

You can't dig when the tile is being worked or over GPTI like citadels. Obviously you need open borders.

19. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

If I'm doing processes in my City (science, culture, gold, etc.) and that City gets an instant production yield boost, is that production converts into the processed yield, or it's wasted, or goes to possible buildable stuffs (buildings, units)? Can anyone confirm? :)

20. Minh Le

Minh Le King

I think it goes to possible buildable stuffs. Because I always change to processes before advancing era when I have Way of Trancendence, it lets me rush some wonders (which is unlocked by the tech) this way.

Revolutionist_8 likes this.