Quick Questions / Quick Answers

It is probably a very stupid question, but this seems to be the right place for it. I have just researched Architecture, and it is supposed to improve the yield of towns. How do I build a town? Civilopedia is not very good in explaining it. Or is it just a smaller city that i found with a settler?
You might now them as 'Trading Posts', in vanilla BNW.

If I declare war on someone I have declaration of friendship with, does the backstabber penalty with other civs last forever? Even civs I haven't met yet?

Do you still find this combination to be a pleasing and balanced setting?
Wow, you did some digging in my past :)

I do, but I am afraid that my opinion is barely relevant because I have very limited time to play and (therefore) I do not have much experience with any other settings.

I like the epic feeling of building the empire, fighting protracted just wars of attrition (= I rarely declare myself, but still end up conquering half of the world). I like a little bit of challenge, but I roleplay a bit. I often leave just the Dom victory on and I do not play to achieve any victory conditions.

It usually means that I lose interest in the current game in the Atomic or Info era, when things start to take too much time and/or I face no real competition.

So yes, I find my settings pleasing, I do not find any glaring disbalance (such as 1 civ shooting ahead by 10 techs in classical), but my requirements may be different from other players and I do not have much experience with other settings (I only alter the maps). Last time I checked, standard was too quick and my units obsoleted too quickly to enjoy the new weapon arriving to the battle and I did not feel any accomplishment when finishing a wonder and marathon was too slow for me. I like exploring the map and meeting many civs and fielding big armies, so smaller maps with not enough land are a no-no for me.

I will soon post in the other thread where we were discussing the game performance and CTDs in later eras. My current game with the above settings is proceeding flawlessly and I am in the Atomic era.

1. Civilopedia description of Observatory states city must be within two tiles of a mountain within borders. Rationalism policy (scientific revolution) states all cities can build observatories. When I unlock the policy, I can build observatories only in cities with mountains. Is it intentional?

2. Did cities get a buff to bombardment? Enemy city with 41 defence and God of War pantheon bombards my knight for 34 damage. I recently updated version to 11-9 and previously I remember cities bombard for 10-15 damage.

Civilopedia description of Observatory states city must be within two tiles of a mountain within borders. Rationalism policy (scientific revolution) states all cities can build observatories. When I unlock the policy, I can build observatories only in cities with mountains. Is it intentional?

All cities can build observatories on the more recent patches. Cities with mountains just get more science on the building itself. The civilopedia entry is outdated and can be reported as a bug.

Another question: I am currently playing as Russia on Prince difficulty (I am not very experienced yet) and doing well, but mainly because I have expanded early and have many cities. I have just reached industrial era. But what if I don't manage to grab enough land at the beginning and end up with 3-4 cities with no strategic ressources at the beginning. Is it also possible to be successfull with a small but "tall" empire and them expand later when I discover coal in my territory? In terms of keeping up with ressearch, kulture and army? What would be the strategy for that?

Another question: I am currently playing as Russia on Prince difficulty (I am not very experienced yet) and doing well, but mainly because I have expanded early and have many cities. I have just reached industrial era. But what if I don't manage to grab enough land at the beginning and end up with 3-4 cities with no strategic ressources at the beginning. Is it also possible to be successfull with a small but "tall" empire and them expand later when I discover coal in my territory? In terms of keeping up with ressearch, kulture and army? What would be the strategy for that?

This should not be difficult if you adjust accordingly. Here's CrazyG's Diety playthrough that you can reference: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/korea-photojournal-attempt-2.635532/

What is the exact impact of higher difficulties? I've read that in this mod the AI doesn't get free techs etc. So what do they get?

What is the exact impact of higher difficulties? I've read that in this mod the AI doesn't get free techs etc. So what do they get?

They get more promotions to units, more initial units, including a worker on Immortal and Diety but no settler, and bonus yields that are spread out over the course of the game. I believe they also get a higher supply cap and more happiness.

Decision making is also improved. On lower difficulties the AI randomly chooses between the top two or three options but at high difficulty, it always chooses what it evaluates as best.

Recently, I picked Holy Land for one of my games' Reformation for the first time. The texts says 1 additional delegate for every 2 Holy Sites or 2 Landmarks I own. If I have 2 Holy Sites and 3 Landmarks, should I be getting 1 delegate or 2 delegates? I realize that there's a difference between A or B and A and/or B so I want to check. Thanks!

Recently, I picked Holy Land for one of my games' Reformation for the first time. The texts says 1 additional delegate for every 2 Holy Sites or 2 Landmarks I own. If I have 2 Holy Sites and 3 Landmarks, should I be getting 1 delegate or 2 delegates? I realize that there's a difference between A or B and A and/or B so I want to check. Thanks!
You should be getting 2. If you aren't, double check the amount of delegates from other sources, it might not be where you expect it.

Yeah it's a weird wording it should be for each 2 holy sites or each 2 landmarks.

You should be getting 2. If you aren't, double check the amount of delegates from other sources, it might not be where you expect it.

I'm not getting 2 delegates and it's not elsewhere for sure. I have a screenshot if you need confirmation. I'm getting 1 from it but not the other one. If it's either Holy Sites or Landmarks and not both, then this is stupidly weak as a Reformation.

20181123173001_1.jpg

I'm not getting 2 delegates and it's not elsewhere for sure. I have a screenshot if you need confirmation. I'm getting 1 from it but not the other one. If it's either Holy Sites or Landmarks and not both, then this is stupidly weak as a Reformation.

View attachment 509947
I wonder if it's bugged that the DLL thinks it's 2 holy sites and 2 landmarks instead of 2 either or.. you should report it nonetheless.

Top Bottom